Hop To
Page 57 of 67 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 66 67
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by tedthorn
The Freemason Fraternity IS NOT a religion
It sure goes to great lengths to impersonate one, then.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Now you're going to poop on the Zoroastrians?

Christ I hope no one's Father was a Zoroastrian.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by RufusG

My next door neighbors are Zaroastrians. They emigrated from Iran after the 1979 revolution. Lovely people.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Is that like a Rastafarian.?

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by birddog65
OK Mike, but have you ever seen proof layed out like this and the outright refusal to believe?

Originally Posted by Wtxj
Lucifer and Adonay

33 degree freemason Albert Pike has said:

Albert Pike:

"That which we must say to a crowd is - We worship a God, but it is the God that one adores without superstition.

To you, Sovereign Grand Inspectors General, we say this, that you may repeat it to the Brethren of the 32nd, 31st, and 30th degrees - The Masonic Religion should be, by all of us initates of the high degrees, maintained in the purity of the Luciferian Doctrine.

If Lucifer were not God, would Adonay whose deeds prove his cruelty, perdify and hatred of man, barbarism and repulsion for science, would Adonay and his priests, calumniate him?

Yes, Lucifer is God, and unfortunately Adonay is also god. For the eternal law is that there is no light without shade, no beauty without ugliness, no white without black, for the absolute can only exist as two gods: darkness being necessary to the statue, and the brake to the locomotive.

Thus, the doctrine of Satanism is a heresy; and the true and pure philosophical religion is the belief in Lucifer, the equal of Adonay; but Lucifer, God of Light and God of Good, is struggling for humanity against Adonay, the God of Darkness and Evil."

Instructions to the 23 Supreme Councils of the World, July 14, 1889. Recorded by A.C. De La Rive in on page 588

~sigh~

Yes, we have seen "proof layed out like this"... many times.

Taxil hoax

So let me lay something on you. This essay is a tapestry of lies, half truths, and fabrication. And even the most elementary of research (5 minutes with google) would have proven it to you before you posted it.

The guy whose essay you are quoting? A damned liar is using a proven hoax to further his own cause... whatever the hell that is.

You've been clamoring for those of us who are masons to address it. I have. Now you have a choice, do you admit being taken in by the most notorious hoax against Masonry ever or do you strap yourself to the mast and go apace. That choice will determine whether I stop at just labeling the man who wrote the article as a damned liar or extend the bounds of that category a bit.

You folks seem to be all up in arms over Albert Pike, so let me lay some Pike on you as well. Some real Pike. Pike in a rant and in rare form. It comes from Chapter 18 of Morals and Dogma, Knight of the Rose Croix (my favorite chapter) and it seems fitting given the level of debate here:

"If he can no longer use the rack, the gibbet, the pincers, and the stake, he can hate, and slander, and delight in the thought that he will, hereafter, luxuriously enjoying the sensual beatitudes of Heaven, see with pleasure the writhing agonies of those justly damned for daring to hold opinions contrary to his own, upon subjects totally beyond the comprehension both of them and him..."

"For the most part, they only think they believe that there is another life, a judgment, and a punishment for sin. Yet they will none the less persecute as Infidels and Atheists those who do not believe what they themselves imagine they believe, and which yet they do not believe, because it is incomprehensible to them in their ignorance and want of intellect. To the vast majority of mankind, God is but the reflected image, in infinite space, of the earthly Tyrant on his Throne, only more powerful, more inscrutable, and more implacable. To curse Humanity, the Despot need only be, what the popular mind has, in every age, imagined God..."

"And with still more terrible significance, the Voice asks, in what respect the masses of men, the vast swarms of the human race, have proven themselves either wiser or better than the animals in whose eyes a higher intelligence shines than in their dull, unintellectural orbs; in what respect they have proven themselves worthy of or suited for an immortal life. Would that be a prize of any value to the vast majority? Do they show, here upon earth, any capacity to improve, any fitness for a state of existence in which they could not crouch to power, like hounds dreading the lash, or tyrannize over defenceless weakness;in which they could not hate, and persecute, and torture, and exterminate; in which they could not trade, and speculate, and over-reach, and entrap the-unwary and cheat the confiding and gamble and thrive, and sniff with self-righteousness at the short-comings of others, and thank God that they were not like other men? What, to immense numbers of men, would be the value of a Heaven where they could not lie and libel, and ply base avocations for profitable returns?"

Food for thought.

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

My reading comprehension proficiency score blows the top off psychometric measures of same. When someone says that there are two gods, one of light and one of darkness, and that they are equal, and that good and evil are equal forces in the universe, providing balance to said universe, I'm capable of correctly identifying that as being dualistic and thereby inconsistent with Christianity.

This is where the super stupid part comes in�

Someone saying there is two equal gods does not include FreeMasons.

Masons do understand that light and darkness are (like everything else) part of the One God that they swear oath�note that there is no(s) after �God.�

THE THIRD, OR MASTER MASON'S DEGREE.
I, A. B., of my own free will and accord, in the presence of Almighty God, and this worshipful lodge of Master Masons, dedicated to God, and held forth to the holy order of St. John, do hereby and hereon most solemnly and sincerely promise and swear��

Hawkeye is not the only one who does not understand or does not want to understand the nature of one God with many facets and many man-given names. Another way of saying what we all know or should know. Forces in our world of good and evil often called �light and darkness.�

I already posted some of this crap about the Bible calling Jews �Crap� but the Internet is also bulging with bigotry against Freemasonry by a few �Christians� yapping at each other like a pack of hyenas or maybe like those who shout �Crucify em!�Burn em at the stake!

A lot of this religious prejudice has been traced back to�

Taxil hoax
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:
Taxil and Freemasonry
L�o Taxil was the pen name of Marie Joseph Gabriel Antoine Jogand-Pag�s, who had been accused earlier of libel regarding a book he wrote called The Secret Loves of Pope Pius IX. On April 20, 1884 Pope Leo XIII published an encyclical, Humanum Genus, that said that the human race was
"separated into two diverse and opposite parts, of which the one steadfastly contends for truth and virtue, the other of those things which are contrary to virtue and to truth. The one is the kingdom of God on earth, namely, the true Church of Jesus Christ... The other is the kingdom of Satan...At this period, however, the partisans of evil seems to be combining together, and to be struggling with united vehemence, led on or assisted by that strongly organized and widespread association called the Freemasons."

After this encyclical, Taxil underwent a public, feigned conversion to Roman Catholicism, and announced his intention of repairing the damage he had done to the true faith.

The first book produced by Taxil after his conversion was a four-volume history of Freemasonry, which contained fictitious eyewitness verifications of their participation in Satanism.

With a collaborator who published as "Dr. Karl Hacks," Taxil wrote another book called the Devil in the Nineteenth Century, which introduced a new character, Diana Vaughan, a supposed descendant of the Rosicrucian alchemist Thomas Vaughan. The book contained many implausible tales about her encounters with incarnate demons, one of whom was supposed to have written prophecies on her back with its tail, and another who played the piano in the shape of a crocodile.

Diana was supposedly involved in Satanic freemasonry, but was redeemed when one day she professed admiration for Joan of Arc, at whose name the demons were put to flight.

As Diana Vaughan, Taxil published a book called Eucharistic Novena, a collection of prayers which were praised by the Pope.

On April 19, 1897 Taxil called a press conference at which he claimed he would introduce Diana Vaughan to the press. He instead announced that his revelations about the Freemasons were fictitious. He thanked the clergy for their assistance in giving publicity to his wild claims.

The hoax material is still used to this day.

Chick Publications publishes such a tract called The Curse of Baphomet and Randy Noblitt's book on satanic ritual abuse, Cult and Ritual Abuse also cites the Taxil hoax.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Penguin
OK Mike, but have you ever seen proof layed out like this and the outright refusal to believe?

Lucifer and Adonay

Albert Pike:

"That which we must say to a crowd is - We worship a God, but it is the God that one adores without superstition.

To you, Sovereign Grand Inspectors General, we say this, that you may repeat it to the Brethren of the 32nd, 31st, and 30th degrees - The Masonic Religion should be, by all of us initates of the high degrees, maintained in the purity of the Luciferian Doctrine.

If Lucifer were not God, would Adonay whose deeds prove his cruelty, perdify and hatred of man, barbarism and repulsion for science, would Adonay and his priests, calumniate him?

Yes, Lucifer is God, and unfortunately Adonay is also god. For the eternal law is that there is no light without shade, no beauty without ugliness, no white without black, for the absolute can only exist as two gods: darkness being necessary to the statue, and the brake to the locomotive.

Thus, the doctrine of Satanism is a heresy; and the true and pure philosophical religion is the belief in Lucifer, the equal of Adonay; but Lucifer, God of Light and God of Good, is struggling for humanity against Adonay, the God of Darkness and Evil."

Instructions to the 23 Supreme Councils of the World, July 14, 1889. Recorded by A.C. De La Rive in on page 588

~sigh~

Texil hoax

So let me lay something on you. This essay is a tapestry of lies, half truths, and fabrication. And even the most elementary of research (5 minutes with google) would have proven it to you before you posted it.

The guy whose essay you are quoting? A damned liar is using a proven hoax to further his own cause... whatever the hell that is.

You've been clamoring for those of us who are masons to address it. I have. Now you have a choice, do you admit being taken in by the most notorious hoax against Masonry ever or do you strap yourself to the mast and go apace. That choice will determine whether I stop at just labeling the man who wrote the article as a damned liar or extend the bounds of that category a bit.

You folks seem to be all up in arms over Albert Pike, so let me lay some Pike on you as well. Some real Pike. Pike in a rant and in rare form. It comes from Chapter 18 of Morals and Dogma, Knight of the Rose Croix (my favorite chapter) and it seems fitting given the level of debate here:

"If he can no longer use the rack, the gibbet, the pincers, and the stake, he can hate, and slander, and delight in the thought that he will, hereafter, luxuriously enjoying the sensual beatitudes of Heaven, see with pleasure the writhing agonies of those justly damned for daring to hold opinions contrary to his own, upon subjects totally beyond the comprehension both of them and him..."

"For the most part, they only think they believe that there is another life, a judgment, and a punishment for sin. Yet they will none the less persecute as Infidels and Atheists those who do not believe what they themselves imagine they believe, and which yet they do not believe, because it is incomprehensible to them in their ignorance and want of intellect. To the vast majority of mankind, God is but the reflected image, in infinite space, of the earthly Tyrant on his Throne, only more powerful, more inscrutable, and more implacable. To curse Humanity, the Despot need only be, what the popular mind has, in every age, imagined God..."

"And with still more terrible significance, the Voice asks, in what respect the masses of men, the vast swarms of the human race, have proven themselves either wiser or better than the animals in whose eyes a higher intelligence shines than in their dull, unintellectural orbs; in what respect they have proven themselves worthy of or suited for an immortal life. Would that be a prize of any value to the vast majority? Do they show, here upon earth, any capacity to improve, any fitness for a state of existence in which they could not crouch to power, like hounds dreading the lash, or tyrannize over defenceless weakness;in which they could not hate, and persecute, and torture, and exterminate; in which they could not trade, and speculate, and over-reach, and entrap the-unwary and cheat the confiding and gamble and thrive, and sniff with self-righteousness at the short-comings of others, and thank God that they were not like other men? What, to immense numbers of men, would be the value of a Heaven where they could not lie and libel, and ply base avocations for profitable returns?"

Food for thought.

Will
I think I told him he didn't know or understand what he was reading.If you aren't a Mason,you know nothing,because nothing that is pertinent or applicable is written.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Yep, I'm liable to get another threat for dissing some Zoroastrian father.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shameless
Originally Posted by Penguin

Lucifer and Adonay

Albert Pike:

~sigh~

Texil hoax

Food for thought.

Will
I think I told him he didn't know or understand what he was reading.If you aren't a Mason,you know nothing,because nothing that is pertinent or applicable is written.

So Mackey is not credible in your opinion?

"The author of this encyclopedia, Albert G Mackey, is one of Masonry's most learned and famous men. Besides being a Thirty-Second Degree Mason, he has held many high offices in the organization. At the writing of this work he was the "Past General Grand High Priest of the General Grand Chapter of the United States." Practically his whole life was devoted to research work on behalf of Masonry. His industry was amazing! A stream of books came from his pen, among which are A Lexicon of Freemasonry, Manual of the Lodge, The Book of the Chapter, A Text Book of Jurisprudence, Cryptic Masonry, The Symbolism of Masonry, and The Masonic Ritualist. This encyclopedia, however, is the crowning work of his life. He was engaged in its preparation of it for thirty years."

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
What a blessing to be ridiculed for Christ's sake.

Bringing ridicule upon yourself seems to be your primary interest here.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right

"The author of this encyclopedia, Albert G Mackey, is one of Masonry's most learned and famous men. Besides being a Thirty-Second Degree Mason, he has held many high offices in the organization. At the writing of this work he was the "Past General Grand High Priest of the General Grand Chapter of the United States." Practically his whole life was devoted to research work on behalf of Masonry. His industry was amazing! A stream of books came from his pen, among which are A Lexicon of Freemasonry, Manual of the Lodge, The Book of the Chapter, A Text Book of Jurisprudence, Cryptic Masonry, The Symbolism of Masonry, and The Masonic Ritualist. This encyclopedia, however, is the crowning work of his life. He was engaged in its preparation of it for thirty years."
I guess they're saying books by folks like him are designed to fool the rest of us into thinking Freemasonry is an occult religion, when it's actually just a fraternity. One has to wonder why they'd wish to fool us like that, though.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

Is that like a Rastafarian.?

[Linked Image]

Are you suggesting Tim's neighbors are potheads?

You're a meany head.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Of course Mackey is credible. But he didn't write the article. A man of such low ethical standing as to peddle the Taxil hoax did. And if you think for one moment I am going to go back and chase down every quote he made to put it into context you are sadly mistaken.

Mackey was a good man. But he had an overactive imagination and made quite a few errors in trying to make historical ties that just never existed. But from what I could tell by reading several of his books he was a pretty devout Christian... I'm interested to know how his religious views came thru in the books of his you read. Or is the quote taken by the liar who wrote that hit piece the extent of your familiarity with him?

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What a blessing to be ridiculed for Christ's sake.

Bringing ridicule upon yourself seems to be your primary interest here.

I have not noticed any EARNED ridicule on TRH part; of course, there is the directed ridicule.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He has "earned" far more than nhe has received.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right

I guess they're saying books by folks like him are designed to fool the rest of us into thinking Freemasonry is an occult religion, when it's actually just a fraternity. One has to wonder why they'd wish to fool us like that, though.

Some people apear to be easily fooled

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

My next door neighbors are Zaroastrians. They emigrated from Iran after the 1979 revolution. Lovely people.

Yeah, but you know they worship a Japanese car manufacturer. I mis-read that on the internet.

Carpe' Scrotum
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by tedthorn
Some people apear to be easily fooled
But what could Freemasonry gain by creating the impression they're an occult religion incomparable with Christianity when that's not (you claim) the case? My point is that this is an absurd suggestion.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It was not created to be compatible with one religion it is up to each individual to take the oath

As far as secrecy

Hasn't anyone ever told you that something was none of your dam business?

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner
He has "earned" far more than nhe has received.

Oh, ok; I guess that settles it then.

Page 57 of 67 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 66 67

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

443 members (17CalFan, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 53 invisible), 2,749 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,971
Posts18,519,772
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.