Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Working!

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Sam,

If your still light-headed it's because you got a concussion in that fall. Lay off the shooting for a week or two.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He used to do concrete. Those guys don't get hurt when they get hit on the head.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Dad, Nash and me went out this morning to do some calling and hoping to mebbe see a lion track. Didn't have any luck. The .22-250 and a pair deuces rode along though.

[Linked Image]

Please pardon those seat covers.. They came with the Jeep.. I need to get some feed sacks... grin

Ben

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I see a lot of rifles muzzle down in these pics. How many actually carry their guns like this in their trucks?

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by 6MMWASP
I see a lot of rifles muzzle down in these pics. How many actually carry their guns like this in their trucks?

I always carry mine like that, but the barrels are always taped..

Ben

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
carry mine muzzle up. there is an interesting article over on LRH. guy takes a punch and knocks a chunk out of the crown of his .308 and still shoots sub MOA. Another guy took a carbide bur to the crown and first 1/2" of barrel and still shot surprisingly good groups given the bore and crown looked worse than most dirt roads I have seen in baja.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Muzzle down in the front seat. That way the barrel isn't pointed at someone's face, which tends to happen at some point during the day with muzzle up carry.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Poobs, that dog is awesome.

CFVA, my dad's juvenile heeler pup goes nuts if we leave him in the pickup. Even if we are in sight working nearby. He really just wants to be doing something with the cows all the time.

Absolute cow terrorist!

He pawed my rifle off the dash today, had a brand new owners manual and he almost chewed it up.

And he knows not to be doing that kind of chit, just so full of energy. They ran a few miles today behind the pickup.

Dog rambling.

J Loco, camo chilly grips bro?

Stylin'!

Dakota, I remember everything so it wasn't very bad. Hit the ground(stunned) but still remember seeing my legs right in front of the duals. Luckily my dad was stopped and didn't drive forward. Stupid move on my part, good reminder to slow down and be more careful!

Ben, now that is stylin'! Nice beater there.....grin

As for the muzzle issue, the dash works great in the feed pickup.
Some dashes are not rifle friendly but an '08 Ford works great. '03 not so much. Always taped regardless, always empty chamber, tripped trigger, etc..

The little Kimbers muzzle doesn't even really touch the floor boards. Kinda stays wedged up most of the time.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Agree with muzzle down with passengers, which is rare in my truck, unless its the dog, and she doesnt know any better.

IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

Let's see, truck guns, hummn..........

Maybe not exactly on the same page, but

I drive a ford f-350 pickup

[Linked Image]

I hunt, and due to the nature of my business I encounter both two and four legged varmints.

What's the old story.

I get pulled over by the local constabulary as I don't and never have had a front licnse plate.

In Texas you have to show your CHL along with your driver's license.

After doing so, the officer asks, Mr. Brown, are you armed.

Well, lets see,

I have a big sky rack overhead and have a 45-70 guide gun and 12 gauge defender pump ensconsed therein
[Linked Image]

amt 380 back-up in the console
[Linked Image]

Glock 35 long slide in 40.S&W in fanny pack
[Linked Image]

Ruger LCP, 380, in fanny pack
[Linked Image]

not to mention the kahr 9 under my arm and the 38 Smith airweight snubby around my right ankle.

He takes a step back and asks,

Mr. Brown, what are you afraid of?

I calmly reply,

Not a friggin thing.

Best,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Geedub, looks like your carrying a full arsenal... grin.

Originally Posted by huntsman22
did the 88's come with custom feedsack seatcovers, too?

The 88's got a vinyl bench seat so no need for the feed sacks. In the trucks with cloth seats we have a piece of Ag bag stashed underneath for when needed. But if I really cow flop myself I haven't been afraid to drive home in my boxer shorts...grin

As to the barrel question, I usually carry mine behind the seat.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by SamOlson

CFVA, my dad's juvenile heeler pup goes nuts if we leave him in the pickup. Even if we are in sight working nearby. He really just wants to be doing something with the cows all the time.

Absolute cow terrorist!

He pawed my rifle off the dash today, had a brand new owners manual and he almost chewed it up.

And he knows not to be doing that kind of chit, just so full of energy. They ran a few miles today behind the pickup.

Dog rambling.

I love heelers, this thread reminds me of how much I miss my last one. She was a hard headed [bleep], but tough as nails. An angus bull rolled her as a pup, after that she hated any black bull with a passion. When I'd dump grain out for the bulls in the pen, she'd go sit in front of the black ones and click her teeth!

Dakota, I remember everything so it wasn't very bad. Hit the ground(stunned) but still remember seeing my legs right in front of the duals. Luckily my dad was stopped and didn't drive forward. Stupid move on my part, good reminder to slow down and be more careful!

[bleep] happens, doesn't it? I'm propped up tonight after having surgery on my foot today, all because of a damned cow.

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy...
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by CFVA
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Absolute cow terrorist!

Dog rambling.

I love heelers, this thread reminds me of how much I miss my last one. She was a hard headed [bleep], but tough as nails. An angus bull rolled her as a pup, after that she hated any black bull with a passion. When I'd dump grain out for the bulls in the pen, she'd go sit in front of the black ones and click her teeth!

[bleep] happens, doesn't it? I'm propped up tonight after having surgery on my foot today, all because of a damned cow.

Damn, I hope you heal up fast!! Get well buddy..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Thanks, man! I appreciate it.

Hoping I can get up and about pretty quick, need to wire the garage up. Finished building it last night and got butchered on today, talk about taking it down to the wire!

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy...
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
G, cowboy Cadillac youse got there. I'd be losing firearms with that many floating around the cab!

CFVA, sucks about your foot. I gotta ask what the ol' cow did?

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Not a truck, but dogs and guns. Does it still count?

[Linked Image]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Oh yeah Poobs, that counts!

Sticking with the scary black rifle theme...

Last Winter.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Dog is pretty scary too!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great pic!

Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 16Racing, 1234, 160user, 10gaugeman, 62 invisible), 2,507 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,344
Posts18,526,913
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.