Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
No knock, no announce, breaking in...copper killed himself.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
GB1

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Bastard that came up with the warrant should have lead the raid. There are very few times a no knock warrant should be allowed. As for pot being a drug, just go watch old movies again. Two families lives ruined. And we cannot take any of it back.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by kennyd
Bastard that came up with the warrant should have lead the raid. There are very few times a no knock warrant should be allowed. As for pot being a drug, just go watch old movies again. Two families lives ruined. And we cannot take any of it back.

Pot did not cause this death, and unannounced raid caused this death. Pot was a minor actor in this incident.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General John Stark.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kennyd
Bastard that came up with the warrant should have lead the raid. There are very few times a no knock warrant should be allowed. - - Two families lives ruined. And we cannot take any of it back.

Consider that !!

It is terrible to have a LEO hurt or killed while doing duty, but there are right and wrong ways to do duty. If life is a "number is up" game, doing stupid things will get you a low number.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The requirement to get a no-knock warrant should be extreme. Think hostage situation.

They should also, because of the above, be very, very rare.

IMO, the "war on drugs" has had the unintended consequence of the militarization of the police.

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Colorado is giving out retail licenses to sell the $hit and deputies in Texas are dying over it. This war on drugs is so screwed up.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Pat85
Colorado is giving out retail licenses to sell the $hit and deputies in Texas are dying over it. This war on drugs is so screwed up.

Amen brother!!! shocked

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
One Can Expect, a Few Things In Life. One Being If You Kick In A Mans Door. Their Will Be Shots Fired.. Sorry But Family First.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by JonS
I don't see how they could win, but never am surprised by how crazy some folks are. What stops burglars/robbers from yelling "police, search warrant," when they enter.
If you came into my house and I didn't see lights flashing outside, there would be guns pointed at you and shots fired if I didn't see a badge in that split second.
Never a good time when an officer is killed, but I don't think I could convict on what I've read. There is always more to the story.
Which is precisely the idea behind the framers requiring a warrant, which is a right belonging to the suspect. That means forced entry constitutes a rights violation unless there's a legitimate opportunity to inspect said warrant prior to the cops' power to enter being activated, i.e., because otherwise absent that the homeowner possesses the right to repel with whatever force is necessary, which predictably results in death on one side or the other.

Gotta agree with TRH on this one. The fact that the courts have allowed this activity to become common does not make it any less a violation of what is right and what is just - not to mention unwise.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by goalie
The requirement to get a no-knock warrant should be extreme. Think hostage situation.

They should also, because of the above, be very, very rare.

IMO, the "war on drugs" has had the unintended consequence of the militarization of the police.

No. It is absolutely intended. These incidents provide plenty of propaganda for those who profit from this war on drugs/terror citizens. They will never give up the untold billions that are pumped into this [bleep] abomination.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
[quote=Pat85]Colorado is giving out retail licenses to sell the $hit and deputies in Texas are dying over it. This war on drugs is so screwed up.

This

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JSTUART
No knock, no announce, breaking in...copper killed himself.

Exactly...

LEO here is quick to say that "stupid gets you killed" regarding speeders and reckless drivers being shot.

The same applies to cops doing stupid no knock break-ins.

I'm not the least bit happy an officer died doing what he was told was his duty. It's tragic! The dipshidt that made the whole thing happen should be jailed for negligent homicide. Higher ups need to be held accountable, and not just by slaps on the wrist or reprimands. Stupidity ending in death is criminal.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My prayers for both families. However if you kicked in my door in the wee hours of the morning I might be reaching for a firearm too.

No knock warrants have a history of bad experiences...elderly people have been killed with this same BS.

Last edited by rdinak; 12/25/13.

"The liberals preach tolerance and diversity until presented with an opinion other than their own."
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
About 3 years ago the state police were executing a warrant. The home owner woke up and heard someone at the door so he armed himself with a shotgun. One of the troopers shined a light in and saw the home owner and started yelling he's got a gun! For some reason the young man didn't shoot. Good thing. The troopers were at the wrong address and the home owner is an honest citizen. I don't bash LE but IMO kick in the door at the wrong address it's not the home owner's fault if they shoot.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
One thing that concerns me is when someone posts as above "He was probably a scumbag anyway..." Constitutional rights are not parcelled out according to someone's subjective judgement of that person's merit-
We either all have rights, of none of us have them, eventually. The so called war on drugs has been used to erode all of our rights with this mentality, because at first, no one cared if the cops ran rough shod over the druggies and the "hippies" and whatever other buzz words were currently popular.
Hitler used the same mentality.
Sorry for the rant but I was brainwashed at an early age to rever the constituion- And I still do.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Interesting. Let us know how it plays out.

1Minute
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Royce
One thing that concerns me is when someone posts as above "He was probably a scumbag anyway..." Constitutional rights are not parcelled out according to someone's subjective judgement of that person's merit-
We either all have rights, of none of us have them, eventually. The so called war on drugs has been used to erode all of our rights with this mentality, because at first, no one cared if the cops ran rough shod over the druggies and the "hippies" and whatever other buzz words were currently popular.
Sorry for the rant but I was brainwashed at an early age to rever the constituion- And I still do.

One of the better posts on this topic.

Thank you, Royce.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Iowa has an absolute ban on No Knock Warrants. About 30 years ago a young Officer went into a home on a No Knock and it got him killed and the offender went to jail for Involuntary Manslaughter and did less than 5 years.

If you send a guy to the door looking like a Jehovah Witness someone will be at the door in seconds to run him off, then you make your move. kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Paul39
Originally Posted by Royce

One of the better posts on this topic.

Thank you, Royce.

Paul

Yep. +1

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
According to another story they guy had two MJ plants, a misdemeanor amount.

Can you flush plants?

If not, what was the justification for a no-knock warrant?

The real fault here lies with the Judge who issued the warrant, but as a Judge, he's untouchable.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 12/25/13.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

226 members (22kHornet, 1OntarioJim, 06hunter59, 320090T, 257 roberts, 3dtestify, 23 invisible), 1,205 guests, and 962 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,093
Posts18,522,161
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.