Hop To
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Royce
One thing that concerns me is when someone posts as above "He was probably a scumbag anyway..." Constitutional rights are not parcelled out according to someone's subjective judgement of that person's merit-
We either all have rights, of none of us have them, eventually. The so called war on drugs has been used to erode all of our rights with this mentality, because at first, no one cared if the cops ran rough shod over the druggies and the "hippies" and whatever other buzz words were currently popular.
Hitler used the same mentality.
Sorry for the rant but I was brainwashed at an early age to rever the constituion- And I still do.

+1, spot on

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Royce
One thing that concerns me is when someone posts as above "He was probably a scumbag anyway..." Constitutional rights are not parcelled out according to someone's subjective judgement of that person's merit-
We either all have rights, of none of us have them, eventually. The so called war on drugs has been used to erode all of our rights with this mentality, because at first, no one cared if the cops ran rough shod over the druggies and the "hippies" and whatever other buzz words were currently popular.
Hitler used the same mentality.
Sorry for the rant but I was brainwashed at an early age to rever the constituion- And I still do.

Exactly. "First they came for the Catholics, but I wasn't a Catholic......."

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
According to another story they guy had two MJ plants, a misdemeanor amount.

Can you flush plants?

If not, what was the justification for a no-knock warrant?

The real fault here lies with the Judge who issued the warrant, but as a Judge, he's untouchable.

I do not disagree, but a lot of the blame should go to the officer that "Requested" this KN warrant in the first place.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by bea175
Someone who breaks into your home in the middle of the night, Cop or not deserves to be shot.

I could not agree more strongly. TRH makes an excellent point about the homeowner's rights being violated unless he is allowed to see the warrant first.

+1 to both posts

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Originally Posted by norm99
I think that anywhere that there is some type of castle domain law that announcement of some sort is more appropriate , Is a drug charge more important than a LIFE,

NOT

This.

Since when did catching a "suspect" (remember, we're all supposed to be innocent until proven guilty) red-handed trump human life.

If the suspected quantity is small enough to be gotten rid of that easily, is it worth
risking a life in a no-knock raid?

^

And pay no less than 8 municipal employees to execute.

I had no sympathy for ASAC Schrader when he met his end.

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We got shot at a lot doing hard entries back in the '90's. I am confident that most of the shooters thought they were getting robbed. I don't like serving no-knock warrants at all, but they have their place.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
What place would that be?

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
The judge that issued this "no knock" for a [bleep] pot plant, deserves to be shot in the face.

[Linked Image]

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
No knocks should be limited to kid napping, hostage situations and terrorists where there is hard evidence that they might take the LEO's with them to meet Allah.

No knocks should never be used for drugs of any type, in any type of situation. If they flush it, it wasn't that much and wasn't worth the potential loss of life.

[Linked Image]

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Foxbat
The judge that issued this "no knock" for a [bleep] pot plant, deserves to be shot in the face.

I would surmise the KN requirements were met because they had grounds to believe the suspect ( who was a convicted felon) was armed and had more to do with element of surpise in regards to safety. And had damn little to do with the number of Pot plants

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gitem_12

I would surmise the KN requirements were met because they had grounds to believe the suspect ( who was a convicted felon) was armed and had more to do with element of surpise in regards to safety. And had damn little to do with the number of Pot plants

If that really were true, there would be one less dead deputy.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mirage243

OT

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A no knock warrant sets the stage for SOMEBODY to get killed. Better the deputy than the homeowner as far as I'm concerned.

The homeowners death would have accomplished nothing. The Deputy's death may result in a revision of the SO's way of doing things.

Of course the most likely revision will have the cops shooting thru the door prior to busting in.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by FreeMe

If that really were true, there would be one less dead deputy.

Nothing is a certainty in life. I don't like NK warrants. And have served a total of one of them. Contrary to belief they are pretty difficult to obtain, atleast in our area

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

Yeah, but everyone's armed in Texas.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The article says the shooter was a felon but also says his guns were legally owned. ???

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

G12 he legally owned 4 firearms, so he couldn't have been a felon.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mirage243
That would be when it's more likely to save innocent lives than doing otherwise.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I didn't read anything about him being a felon. I did read this:

Police recovered the semiautomatic assault rifle allegedly used to kill Sowders and several other guns the defense attorney says were legally owned.

His atty is a really sharp guy. I'm sure he knows a felon is not allowed to own firearms.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Hell, it's a trailer. Drop a screen in the plumbing clean out, if you're worried about losing some buds, announce the warrant on a loudspeaker, if Bubba don't come out, then pop a couple CS cartridges through the window.

Ain't like he's going anywhere.

Everyone goes home for dinner that night.

[Linked Image]

Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

384 members (22kHornet, 1badf350, 160user, 22magnut, 1OntarioJim, 257robertsimp, 35 invisible), 1,497 guests, and 1,117 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,098
Posts18,522,213
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.