Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by Foxbat
The judge that issued this "no knock" for a [bleep] pot plant, deserves to be shot in the face.

I would surmise the KN requirements were met because they had grounds to believe the suspect ( who was a convicted felon) was armed and had more to do with element of surpise in regards to safety. And had damn little to do with the number of Pot plants

G12 he legally owned 4 firearms, so he couldn't have been a felon.

From the article.

Moments later, Magee saw a person whom he said he couldn't identify in the dark burst through his door, DeGuerin said, adding that Magee -- who has a felony and misdemeanor drug conviction -- believed the man rushing in was an intruder and he needed to defend himself.

I'm betting he did not own the firearms

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Police recovered the semiautomatic assault rifle allegedly used to kill Sowders and several other guns the defense attorney says were legally owned.

His atty is a really sharp guy. I'm sure he knows a felon is not allowed to own firearms.

He is a convicted felon and the warrant was for weed and stolen guns. That attorney may be smart, but it doesn't make him honest. Just more reason the guys should have just caught the crook outside and then searched the house. I'm sure it wasn't his call though. Hopefully somebody will learn from this.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Ya know Pat speakingnof Lawyers, i've always found it funny that people Like TRH bitch and whine about the police taking away their rights, ywt they are too stupid to understand that The majority of law makers are lawyers. Yet they trust those same lawyers to have their best interests and rights at heart when they hire them.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Yea, God forbid someone should bitch when the po po violates their rights.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
With the technology available these days, I see little point in a "no-knock" warrant. A simple GPS placement on the car could have alerted the authorities when the suspect had left the home. Enter the home and seize the evidence at that time, if you're worried about it being flushed. Have other officers down the road to apprehend the suspect.

Short of this guy being a murderer or a kidnapper, exactly what else justifies a military-style raid??? I'd hardly consider drugs/pot an "immediate" threat to public safety.

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by mirage243

Boy aren't you as sharp as a rubber ball. Maybe you should be bitching at the lawmakers dumbazz

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lawyers DO protect their interest and rights, if the money is right. You're correct about how laws are orchestrated.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by fburgtx
With the technology available these days, I see little point in a "no-knock" warrant. A simple GPS placement on the car could have alerted the authorities when the suspect had left the home. Enter the home and seize the evidence at that time, if you're worried about it being flushed. Have other officers down the road to apprehend the suspect.

Short of this guy being a murderer or a kidnapper, exactly what else justifies a military-style raid??? I'd hardly consider drugs/pot an "immediate" threat to public safety.

No but the stolen guns damn well should be considered an immediate threat to public safety

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Lawyers DO protect their interest and rights when the money is right. You're right about how laws are orchestrated.

I' agree, i guess my thoughts led to Public defenders.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by mirage243

Making friends and influencing people.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Royce
One thing that concerns me is when someone posts as above "He was probably a scumbag anyway..." Constitutional rights are not parcelled out according to someone's subjective judgement of that person's merit-
We either all have rights, of none of us have them, eventually. The so called war on drugs has been used to erode all of our rights with this mentality, because at first, no one cared if the cops ran rough shod over the druggies and the "hippies" and whatever other buzz words were currently popular.
Hitler used the same mentality.
Sorry for the rant but I was brainwashed at an early age to rever the constituion- And I still do.
If you are gonna quote my post get it all in there not just your choosen area

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No but the stolen guns damn well should be considered an immediate threat to public safety

Then just catch the crook outside and search the house afterward.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ingwe

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by fburgtx

Where does it say the guns were stolen?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
IF [big if] DeGuerin stays on the case, the guy will walk.

The Waco deal really soured him on Law Enforcement.

Which makes him part of a VERY large group.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Different article.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by antlers

Then just catch the crook outside and search the house afterward.

I agree, i'm not a fan of no knocks. But like Pat says they have their place.

Lets take this same situation in what is probably a closely confined trailer court. Now place the cops outside wIting for him to exit, suppose he is armed and a gunfight erupts. Do you think house trailer walls are going to stop many bullets?

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by ingwe

wink

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by curdog4570
IF [big if] DeGuerin stays on the case, the guy will walk.

The Waco deal really soured him on Law Enforcement.

Which makes him part of a VERY large group.

If the guy didn't know they were cops, he should walk on the murder charge. That doesn't mean this particular officer did anything wrong, that this attorney is a good guy or that the shooter still doesn't deserve to be in prison.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
But like Pat says they have their place.

Lets take this same situation in what is probably a closely confined trailer court. Now place the cops outside wIting for him to exit, suppose he is armed and a gunfight erupts. Do you think house trailer walls are going to stop many bullets?

Here's where we differ, no doubt because I'm old and washed up. There is no amount of dope worth getting a good guy killed over and he ain't gonna flush a bunch of guns.

Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

59 members (338Rules, 6mmbrfan, atvalaska, 9 invisible), 928 guests, and 852 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,120
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.