-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This whole war on drugs is just f*cked up.

Assault forces smashing in doors of American citizens in the middle of the night, a real live shooting war in the middle of our country with cops, "criminals" and innocent civilians getting shot.

Billions and billions of dollars being funneled into the hands of the most unscrupulous segments of society, those dollars fueling massive corruption at every level of government and causing an escalating arms race that is now up to the level of armored vehicles.

Things that were legal for a hundred years and used by "high society" (pun maybe intended) - check out who frequented hashish parlors in NY and Boston in the 19th century - are suddenly by a stroke of the pen rendered illegal and instantly anybody using it is a scumbag.

We don't learn. In the opening minutes of the movie "The Roaring Twenties" made in 1939, the narrator describes how the only real effect of prohibition was to make fortunes for gangsters. They figured that out over 70 years ago.

Now someone is dead over a few plants. A few f*cking plants that have been growing wild forever. While other extremely toxic and deleterious drugs are openly sold at every neighborhood convenience store. While a few states over what had been "dirtbag drug dealers" are suddenly, magically going to be transformed at midnight on Dec. 31st into legitimate entrepreneurs and investors openly selling that same plant.

I am not saying hey, let's all run out and do drugs. But there has to be a better way to deal with this. Because what we have now is totally f*cked up.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

Assault forces smashing in doors of American citizens in the middle of the night, a real live shooting war in the middle of our country with cops, "criminals" and innocent civilians getting shot.

Billions and billions of dollars being funneled into the hands of the most unscrupulous segments of society, those dollars fueling massive corruption at every level of government and causing an escalating arms race that is now up to the level of armored vehicles.

Things that were legal for a hundred years and used by "high society" (pun maybe intended) - check out who frequented hashish parlors in NY and Boston in the 19th century - are suddenly by a stroke of the pen rendered illegal and instantly anybody using it is a scumbag.

We don't learn. In the opening minutes of the movie "The Roaring Twenties" made in 1939, the narrator describes how the only real effect of prohibition was to make fortunes for gangsters. They figured that out over 70 years ago.

Now someone is dead over a few plants. A few f*cking plants that have been growing wild forever. While other extremely toxic and deleterious drugs are openly sold at every neighborhood convenience store. While a few states over what had been "dirtbag drug dealers" are suddenly, magically going to be transformed at midnight on Dec. 31st into legitimate entrepreneurs and investors openly selling that same plant.

I am not saying hey, let's all run out and do drugs. But there has to be a better way to deal with this. Because what we have now is totally f*cked up.
Damned straight!

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Pat:

Based on what you know right now; convicted felon in possession of a firearm, shoots a leo in the performance of his duties �

How could he be charged in Texas, do you reckon?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
No knock warrants are bullschit. You'd have to have some extreme circumstances laid out in front of Judge 'Flave if you wanted my signature.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think it has been demonstrated that the general public can handle the authority that comes with CC laws.

I also believe that the LE community nationwide can't handle the authority that comes with no knock warrants and military tactics and equipment.

Both you and Evil Twin's cavalier remarks give one pretty good insight why the latter is true. According to you, any snitch could put me in danger of a forced entry into my home by gung ho cops.

White trash, if that's what the shooter is, don't give up their rights. Looks like the fat ass deputy came looking for trouble and found it.

It needs to happen often enough to put a stop to the nonsense.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Something else that has stuck out to ke in this thread is the amount of people qho have said ' if someone comes in to my house in the middle of the night, bullets will be flying'. That's paraphrased of course, but my point is, that these same guys that blurt this out are the same giys who will call out a huy for "shooting at the brown" when deer hunting. While I have absoluteky no issues with a man defending his life and property, shouldn't the same basic, fundamental rules of firearms handling, such as positively identify your target apply to a defensive scenario as well

That's some advice that many cops don't follow. Anyway, going to the local costume store and buying yourself a cop suit is easy to do. Anybody can be a cop at your door in the middle of the night.

Don't answer the door, tell them you are calling 911 to verify they their is a unit at your address serving a warrant. Instead of undertaking an active search for an intruder, take a defensive position inside your home, ypu have the tactical advantage of knowing your home's layout, why give that advantage up to find an individual who may lye in wait in the shadows for you to find him. Make him come to uou, use cover and again make contact with 911 and give them your name, address, and tell them that you are armed. Confirm that they infact are LE at your residence.

Unless you are a dope dealing felon in possession of firearms.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Something else that has stuck out to ke in this thread is the amount of people qho have said ' if someone comes in to my house in the middle of the night, bullets will be flying'. That's paraphrased of course, but my point is, that these same guys that blurt this out are the same giys who will call out a huy for "shooting at the brown" when deer hunting. While I have absoluteky no issues with a man defending his life and property, shouldn't the same basic, fundamental rules of firearms handling, such as positively identify your target apply to a defensive scenario as well

You continue to build straw men.

Please tell that to the father who just killed his 14 year old daughter thinking she was an intruder. I'm sure he still agrees with the shoot first before identifying a threat motto

Like I said, you continue to use straw men.

No I don't Sam, the premise is the same. The shoot first without identifying the threat attitude. That got this deputy killed as it did this little girl.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
God, I hope they got those two weed plants off the street.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He identified his target just fine.

Armed man just kicked in his door. Dummy got shot.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by derby_dude
I have not read all the posts but I have read enough to offer a general comment.

Many years ago I was house and pet sitting for friends out in the country. I of course, was armed. The owner and family decided to come home early, about 1 to 2 in the AM. I heard the door open and voices jumped out of bed and grab my 1911. Fortunately, the bedrooms are up stairs which gave me enough time to recognize voices and realize the dog, which usually bits first and ask questions later, was happy to see people. I realized it was the owner and family. The wife said she told the husband he should have called and let us know they were coming home earlier than expected. The husband thought it was funny and had full faith and trust in Jesus and me. This could have turned south real fast.

I always call and let my wife know that I'm coming home and she does like wise. Just good common sense in this day and age of the cell phone.

As to the police, if the 4th Amendment was followed there would not be police being accidental killed serving a warrant. Based on the information I've read so far, I would find the defendant not guilty in this case if I were on the jury. I do feel sorry for the death of the officer and his family but he did enter the house illegally.

Last but not least, I can find no where in the US Constitution that a convicted felon loses is his God-given right of self-defense of life, liberty, and property or that of his family.
+1

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd rather be in this shooter's position than be like the homeowner in Ft Worth who had a gun but didn't use it and the cops killed HIM.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
[bleep], I just shot my cat in the kitchen.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

Damned straight!
+1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Growing catnip?

She deserved it.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by MadMooner

You are right, as he stated in his statement to the Rangers that he knew they were Sheriffs deputies. So apparently he decided to shoot anyways

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Around here, they go in the daytime and knock on the door. Otherwise, they take more people if it is serious enough. Seems like some drugs should be legalized to avoid this stuff, like marijuana. Some drugs such as meth should stay illegal. Marijuana, cocaine, and heroin, can be weaned off of. Meth is so bad a person can be addicted for life.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner

You are right, as he stated in his statement to the Rangers that he knew they were Sheriffs deputies. So apparently he decided to shoot anyways

Where did you find a copy of the Ranger's report?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think he's referring to this

In an affidavit for a warrant to search Sowders' trailer after the shooting, Texas Ranger Andres de la Garza wrote, "By Magee's own admission he heard and observed the entry made by the SWAT team."

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Yep. And if he had the time to both hear and observe it he had time to verify it. That could have been done on a phone while he went to get his "legally owned" rifle

Last edited by gitem_12; 12/26/13.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Notice that he didn't claim the guy KNEW they were cops, just that he heard the noise they made.

The very next line in the news report is a quote from DeGuerin that the guy didn't know it was a cop that came thru his door.

Actually, the shooter saved the County a bunch of money by killing instead of being killed. The cowardly cops in Tucson who killed the ex Marine cost the 3 Gov't entities 3.5 million bucks in an out of court settlement.

Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

174 members (320090T, 1OntarioJim, 7887mm08, 257 roberts, 6mmCreedmoor, 3dtestify, 17 invisible), 1,071 guests, and 961 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,093
Posts18,522,144
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.