Campfire Ranger
What's a 'yote'?

GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by carlm
Listen to what Spotshooter said. He just gave you about 3 years of experience in what he told you.

Good advice is great.... but it certainly don't give you 3 years of experience.

Takes about 3 years of actual hunting to have 3 years of experience.... a fact quite commonly ignored on this board.

Hunts....
Given the size of your prairie dogs .... you certainly don't want to find out what a 'yote is....

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by huntsman22
What's a 'yote'?

West Tn redneck shortened version of, coyote

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
So, does a west tn redneck call deers, ers? Elks, lks? buffalo, alo? skunks, unks? badgers, gers? Geese, ese?

etc......

T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
That's a pet peeve of mine too and it's coyote, 2 syllables, not coyotee. wink

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No hunts.....they're called "dogs"

Some ppls kids....I'm with you buddy....

Y
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Y
Originally Posted by Camoducks
I never killed a Yote when hunting them, only when deer hunting. What are the basics on best times of day? Best electronic call for a 100% newbie? Any "Need to Know info" you could provide would be greatly appreciated!
The Yote population in our area is getting ridiculous - howling and yapping and waking up every dmn dog in the area.. We're out of town - only a few houses and lots of farmland - most of which I can get permission to hunt.

Thanks in advance!!

Here ya go, more info on coyote hunting than I can absorb.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/forums/ubbthreads.php

Good luck and enjoy!
YB

If there are any guns in your house, one of 'em damn sure better be yours!!!
C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by YankeeBill
I never killed a Yote when hunting them, only when deer hunting. What are the basics on best times of day? Best electronic call for a 100% newbie? Any "Need to Know info" you could provide would be greatly appreciated!
The Yote population in our area is getting ridiculous - howling and yapping and waking up every dmn dog in the area.. We're out of town - only a few houses and lots of farmland - most of which I can get permission to hunt.

Thanks in advance!!

Here ya go, more info on coyote hunting than I can absorb.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/forums/ubbthreads.php

Good luck and enjoy!
YB

Thanks!!!

Thanks to all who offered up some info on setting up to be successful and as for all you who have a problem with Yote...... Yote Yote Yote Yote Yote Yote Yote grin if you don't like it simply keep your whiny azz outta the thread.

C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
So, does a west tn redneck call deers, ers? Elks, lks? buffalo, alo? skunks, unks? badgers, gers? Geese, ese?

etc......

I'm pretty sure that terminology isn't used anywhere in TN that I'm aware of however we do use Yote.... and couldn't give a red rats azz whether it suits you or not. Go take your Geritol and Prozac and mind your own business you old fart grin

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
[bleep] off....

IC B3

C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
[bleep] off....

As previously mentioned old fart, you've nothing else to do here but opt out of something that was none of your dam business anyway since your prikish attitude prevents you from having anything worthwhile to offer up anyway.

That said, GFY

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Thanks!!!

you'll fit in just fine, with all the other 'one-coyote wonders' over on PM......

good luck and enjoy!

M
M
Twenty years ago I picked on an old man and he put me head first into a dumpster, I still respect him to this day.

Last edited by missedshot; 12/27/13.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by missedshot
Twenty years ago I picked on an old man and he put me head first into a dumpster, I still respect him to this day.

Worse, you could end up like one of them vermin in Hunts photos!! grin

Last edited by Fireball2; 12/27/13.

LOL
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Follow the momma cows

C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by missedshot

Lol at the "picking on an old man" comment. Read the thread - he decided to come in and be of 0 help yet be an azz.
While I was taught to respect All including elders, I don't think the comments made here by huntsman deserved any respect however if you do, feel free to respect away. Otherwise, mind your own business as well and carry on since you had nothing worthwhile to offer either.

Y
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Y

Thanks!!!

you'll fit in just fine, with all the other 'one-coyote wonders' over on PM......

good luck and enjoy!

Nothing wrong with PM ... it's a good site.

YB

If there are any guns in your house, one of 'em damn sure better be yours!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Thanks!!!

good luck and enjoy!

Nothing wrong with PM ... it's a good site.

YB

PM is a joke and has been for a long time.

If you took the numerous knowledgeable coyote hunters who have been booted off that site for "violating terms of service" according their weird management of that place, you would have something. Hence, the large majority of people left are the "one-coyote wonders" or people trying to sell something.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
CD i live in East TN and hunt mostly Virginia where it borders East TN and i use the FoxPro Fury and the Scorpion. The two best calls that work on Coyotes here is the Pup in Distress ( Coyote) and the Jack Rabbit in Distress. I have yet to call in a Coyote using the Cotton Tail calls. I have killed quite a few Coyotes around here and most was with the Pup in Distress . Calling Coyotes seems to work best calling in thicker cover like Pines or the Open woods rather than calling in the Open Fields , they just respond better. For Bobcats nothing works here like the Woodpecker in Distress and i would recommend a Moving Decoy like the Jack Attack from FoxPro or the Mojo Woodpecker with broken wing. Coyotes will respond within the first 5 to ten min's of calling most of the time so be ready as soon as you start calling, cat on the other hand may take up to a hour to respond if they respond at all. It is much harder to call coyotes in the East than out west due to the lack of calling setups you have to live with in the East. Good Hunting and post some photos of your kills. Here is one that came into the pup in distress with in five min of calling in the Pines. AR 6.8 FoxPro Fury caller. Other Photo is one of my typical calling setup AR 223 . I do use different rifles at other times.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Thanks Bob.. Appreciate the help for sure and you have some nice AR setups there!

My only AR is a fixed carry handle Colt lightweight... Since I would like to setup and hunt an AR a bit I think I may have to do some parts swapping on mine and do away with the fixed carry handle.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

505 members (1941USMC, 1badf350, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 59 invisible), 2,214 guests, and 1,178 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,380
Posts18,506,679
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.