Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 27 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 26 27
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
laugh

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Scott F
[quote=Ken Howell]

� commonly referred-to nowadays as "the Baptism in the Holy Spirit � as it has continued to occur from then until now � and will continue � which happened to me Thanksgiving Eve, 1968, in our house on Finley Point, on Flathead Lake, near Polson, Montana.

The gifts of the Holy Ghost are charisms, not baptisms.

Never said it was, don't believe it is, just said I would not willingly be without it.

Last edited by Scott F; 12/29/13.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Ringman, do you still hold your hands up when you pray or do you go to your closet as you are told to do in Matthew 6:6 ??

Been thinking on this one since I first saw it.

I pray with my hands up whenever the pain in my shoulders allows, I pray with hands folded, I pray on my knees, I pray on my face, I pray seated with my computer on my lap so that when I post "Done" I have really prayed, I pray when walking, I pray when laying snug in my bed, and I have even prayed in church.

I never knew there was a wrong place or a wrong way to pray. Perhaps I will loose my salvation because I have done it wrong.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's a good thing after you accepted Jesus' offer and made your decision you didn't get killed in a wreck or somethin' before you got a chance to get baptized with water. According to some here, you woulda been doomed to hell for eternity...!

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Ringman will bring you some word so you know how [bleep] you are.

Kent

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
smile

I am still having some trouble with that. The concept that a God, the same God that made us then sent His Son to die for us would condemn to Hell someone who took that same Son into his heart as his Personal Redeemer but was not Baptized.

Don't get me wrong, I believe in water being baptized. I have been and I have baptized others. I would encourage others to be baptized but I do not believe lack of baptism will condemn someone.

The soldier on the battlefield accepts Jesus but is killed before he can be baptized, the man or woman who hears the Word and accepts but died in a car crash on the way to be baptized, sorry but I believe in a bigger God than that.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Since Paul wrote the letter to the Ephesians (4:5) there is but one Lord, one Faith, and one Baptism. The Baptism of the Holy Spirit, first mentioned by John the Baptist, is but one thing, promised to but one special group of people, for one purpose, and then that promise was fulfilled.

First of all it was prophesied to originate with Jesus along with a baptism of fire. The baptism (immersion) in the Holy Spirit (Comforter) was promised specifically to the apostles of Christ in the upper room, prior to the Lord's last Passover feast. (John 16)

Jesus told his Apostles to wait for it in Jerusalem where they would be endued with power from on high.(Luke 24:49)

Peter and the other apostles were together in Jerusalem when the Holy Spirit fell on them (Acts 2,) as promised by John the Baptist and Jesus, and they began to preach the first Gospel sermon to the multitude in Jerusalem, gathered from all over the world. They spoke in languages (tongues) understood by all nationalities present. This was a fulfillment of the prophecy of Joel.

This outpouring of the Holy Spirit directly from heaven would not be repeated again until it occurred in the household of Cornelius, the Roman Centurion. However, this outpouring of the Spirit directly from heaven (and not through the laying on of the apostles hands Acts 8:14-18) was for an entirely different purpose.

While the outpouring of the Spirit on the apostles gave them certain Spiritual gifts that no other person possessed (such as the ability to pass on miraculous Spiritual gifts through the laying on of their hands, raising the dead, healing the sick, lame and blind, etc) this is the definition of being baptized with the Holy Spirit . . . it was the "power" promised only to the Apostles. Even Peter recognized the outpouring on Cornelius and his household was a "like" gift, in the manner it was delivered, directly from heaven, without the laying on of Peter's hands, but it was not the "same" gift (apostolic power) that was received by only the Apostles on Pentecost.
Well reasoned. Too bad you're wrong. grin

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
smile
I am still having some trouble with that. The concept that a God, the same God that made us then sent His Son to die for us would condemn to Hell someone who took that same Son into his heart as his Personal Redeemer but was not Baptized.
Don't get me wrong, I believe in water being baptized. I have been and I have baptized others. I would encourage others to be baptized but I do not believe lack of baptism will condemn someone.
The soldier on the battlefield accepts Jesus but is killed before he can be baptized, the man or woman who hears the Word and accepts but died in a car crash on the way to be baptized, sorry but I believe in a bigger God than that.

^^^^^
Yep.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
It's a good thing after you accepted Jesus' offer and made your decision you didn't get killed in a wreck or somethin' before you got a chance to get baptized with water. According to some here, you woulda been doomed to hell for eternity...!
I'm saved by faith, not works, so I can't boast about how awesome I am. Don't know about those other guys but sounds like they're pretty awesome. Oh, and I've been baptised, too.

Course, ya know if you haven't been baptised in the name of Jesus, it doesn't count. A really awesome guy told me that one time. Actually, he told me that a lot. He was really awesome! whistle

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Some denominations won't accept other denominations baptism... you need a redo... you know, resanitized... and the softball team is members only...

Kent

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
smile

This^^^^^^^^

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Baptism is one of the sacraments and is symbolic for the new believer to publicly identify with Jesus in his death, burial, and resurrection. It is not a prerequisite for salvation

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by krp
Some denominations won't accept other denominations baptism... you need a redo... you know, resanitized... and the softball team is members only...

Kent

One reason I am anti denominational. But never fear, I am pro Christian. smile

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

One reason I am anti denominational. But never fear, I am pro Christian. smile
I'm non-denominational. You know, just say non. However, much like you, good friend, I am not non-Christian. Not sure I'm pro-Christian either, though, as I have not done so for monetary profit. I must be a determined amateur. I hope that's not a denomination but chances are it is. Drat!

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by antlers
You're looking at it backwards. First of all, the vast majority of those who call themselves Christians go to hell. Secondly, no one goes to hell who is authentically in Christ's sheepfold, i.e., God would move heaven and earth to get a baptist to them before they died.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by antlers

1. You're looking at it backwards.
2....the vast majority of those who call themselves Christians go to hell.
3....no one goes to hell who is authentically in Christ's sheepfold, i.e., God would move heaven and earth to get a baptist to them before they died.

1. Not likely.
2. That's a preposterous statemt coming from anybody, even you...! Did you include yourself in that bunch...?
3. So a soldier who is converted on the battlefield after accepting Jesus' offer and is then obliterated by a howitzer round wasn't "authentically in Christ's sheepfold" because God didn't "move heaven and earth" to bring a baptist to him (on the battlefield) to get him baptized with water before he was killed in battle...?

Your statements are a prime example of what I meant when I said earlier, leave it to men to mess up the best thing we've ever been offered...God's gift of salvation, and the opportunity to walk through life with Him. Leave it to men to muck it up, and make it much more complicated than it really is. And leave it to men to make it dependent upon something other than it really is

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Before I was convinced baptism is necessary because Jesus says so I was talking to a guy who was twenty-five years old. The twenty-five years of age is only important because he said something like,
"If I wait till I'm sixty-five years old and I'm dying I had forty years to get baptized?"
This caught me off guard because I had not accepted what Jesus says as important, but continued suggesting he need to received Jesus.

This intervening time applies to your soldier and anyone else who has not reached the age of accountability. They had plenty of time. God's Word says,

2 Corinthians 6:2

"for He says, 'At the acceptable time I listened to you, And on the day of salvation I helped you.' Behold, now is 'the acceptable time,' behold, now is 'the day of salvation'"

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So, regarding the battlefield conversion of the soldier mentioned above...he's just [bleep] outa luck because he should've accepted Jesus' offer earlier when he had time to get baptized with water...?

Is that your assertion...?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
So, regarding the battlefield conversion of the soldier mentioned above...he's just [bleep] outa luck because he should've accepted Jesus' offer earlier when he had time to get baptized with water...?

Matthew 28:19-20

"'Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.'�

Mark 16:15-16

"And He said to them, 'Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned.'"

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Page 19 of 27 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 26 27

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (1234, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 22kHornet, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 257 roberts, 60 invisible), 3,054 guests, and 1,042 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,590
Posts18,532,420
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.