Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by deflave
I've found that if you ask a whole lot of shooters what "fits" their hand, you get a whole lot of answers.

I've also found most shooters that can shoot don't give a schit what it is and just hit stuff.

Travis

There ya go.

Get a Glock, learn to shoot the goddamm thing, and get on with life.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've found that if you ask a whole lot of shooters what "fits" their hand, you get a whole lot of answers.

I've also found most shooters that can shoot don't give a schit what it is and just hit stuff.

Travis
Now on that we can agree.

But there are some trends you notice, and I notice that there are some guns that fits more people's hands than others. That was the point I was making. I wasn't saying the Glock wasn't ergonomic, just stating it wasn't it's strong point. But if I said the sky was blue, you'd say it was something else; 'cause you generally think I'm FOS.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KevinGibson

But it's all relative. I'm not saying they're not usable, they're just fine. I'm just saying that in comparison to other Tupperware pistols, they take a back seat to the others in the ergonomics department. I've carried Glock's before and had no problems.

No, you're saying they take a back seat to you. Many shooters prefer them.

Travis

I've had no problems handling Glocks, since day 1.

They fit my hand & point just fine, same for my son.

Wife has a 4" M&P & both myself & my son prefer the Glocks to the M&P, not that the M&P feels bad.

But neither feel as good as a 1911.

MM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like the feel of the G19, and the 17 feels pretty good. I think the M&P's ergonomics are outstanding. I think the 1911 is better yet, and a Hi POwer with Spegel grips beats the hell out of everything. But that's just me.

I keep threatening to get a Glock 19; one day I may follow through with that threat.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

But there are some trends you notice, and I notice that there are some guns that fits more people's hands than others. That was the point I was making. I wasn't saying the Glock wasn't ergonomic, just stating it wasn't it's strong point. But if I said the sky was blue, you'd say it was something else; 'cause you generally think I'm FOS.

You make yourself FOS when you try and explain what is and is not ergonomic.

The angle on a Glock handle works very well for a lot of shooters.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

I've had no problems handling Glocks, since day 1.

They fit my hand & point just fine, same for my son.

MM

As well as approximately a billion other shooters.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You make yourself FOS when you try and explain what is and is not ergonomic.

The angle on a Glock handle works very well for a lot of shooters.

Travis
You seem to have some issues with reading comprehension because I never ONCE said the Glock wasn't ergonomic, nor have I mentioned the grip angle.

What I said was their ergonimics suck...it was implied that they suck in comparison to their direct competitors. And it was also implied that it was my OPINION.

Last edited by KevinGibson; 12/31/13.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Laughin'...

Get out and shoot more and worry about designs less. The nuances between todays proven pistols are just that. Nuances.

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Laughin'...

Get out and shoot more and worry about designs less. The nuances between todays proven pistols are just that. Nuances.

Travis
Well hell, ain't that what we're all here for? A bunch of equipment junkies trying to act as if there's a meaningful difference between things like a .30-06 and a .270, etc.

I'm just talking about the nuances...whether they actually MEAN anything is something completely different. Hell, if we only talked about the things that were meaningful, there'd be very little conversation at the campfire.

I'm comfortable with pretty much any handgun I put in my hands and I'm completely confident. But my observation is that people tend to get very personal about their guns and they have to be just so. You and I aren't really that way, but most who are "into" guns tend to be. So I mention the nuances that I think are relevant to the conversation.

But yeah you're right. When it comes right down to it, for guys who actually know how to shoot, and don't try to find a hardware solution to a software problem, the comments I made are completely irrelevant.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Happy New Year guys........

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Well hell, ain't that what we're all here for? A bunch of equipment junkies trying to act as if there's a meaningful difference between things like a .30-06 and a .270, etc.

I'm just talking about the nuances...whether they actually MEAN anything is something completely different. Hell, if we only talked about the things that were meaningful, there'd be very little conversation at the campfire.

I'm comfortable with pretty much any handgun I put in my hands and I'm completely confident. But my observation is that people tend to get very personal about their guns and they have to be just so. You and I aren't really that way, but most who are "into" guns tend to be. So I mention the nuances that I think are relevant to the conversation.

But yeah you're right. When it comes right down to it, for guys who actually know how to shoot, and don't try to find a hardware solution to a software problem, the comments I made are completely irrelevant.

Nuances are not relevant when you have a new or less experienced shooter. Which the OP is.

Pick.

Buy.

Shoot.

Travis

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
There's gotta be something wrong with you if a Glock don't fit ya. smirk

Guess that depends on what your definition of fit is. Glocks fit me but don't point well for me. Their grip angle just doesn't work for me. I am sure that if I went out and put a bunch of rounds downrange, I could adjust. I just know when I draw and point my P7 or USPc, the grip angle works. Glocks, not so much. Hasn't kept me from owning a few Glocks though as I have a great deal of respect for them as a reliable tool.

Montana MOFO
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I got no respect for anything made by Block...

I understand why they're made the way they are but there are simply better choices for aboot any porpoise...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by johnw

I understand why they're made the way they are but there are simply better choices for aboot any porpoise...

with the notable exception of keeping .gov bean counters and attorneys happy.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by johnw

That's the great thing about this place, everyone has their own opinion.

As far as my experience, there is a great purpose served by the Glock pistol. It is a tremendous tool for those who need a sidearm but aren't interested in learning a complex manual of arms. High capacity and dang reliable. Just like so many cameras are moving to point and shoot, the Glock is no different. For a vast number of people who want to have a sidearm that all they have to do is point and shoot, what's not to like about Glock?

Montana MOFO
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
WWM70, that's news to me. Never saw any S&W's autos or older 1911's that went off if dropped. I've a fair number so done, BTW. The only exception would be a 1911 that was chamber loaded and it's hammer set on the safety notch.
Trying to hit them hard enough on the hammer, when all the way down or at full cock would take a heavy blow.
The so called "safe" Glocks, on the other hand, have had lots of AD's when their owners tried to holster them.... The state of Kalifornia had to stop testing Glock pistols for safety at one time because the police issued Glock models couldn't pass their requirements. I don't know what ever became of that. But the state's police agencies felt the state was making it easy for people to sue them for carrying unsafe pistols. E

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

304 members (2ndwind, 1badf350, 29aholic, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 46 invisible), 1,784 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,975
Posts18,519,835
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.