Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
1/2/14
Ron Paul: 'Conceivable' in Next Years Obamacare Will 'Totally Self-Destruct'
www.ronpaulforums.com ‎
As seen on Your World with Neil Cavuto
Former Texas Rep. Ron Paul called ObamaCare a �disaster� on Your World today.
Ron Paul: Americans Must Be Allowed to Opt Out of ObamaCare
No one said voices of sanity won't make their best effort to overturn it. They did the very same after The New Deal, too, but to no avail.

So, you and Ron disagree that it will likely be overturned and that people must be allowed to opt out?

Why are you still comparing Ocare to the popular New Deal when the unpopular Prohibition is a much better match?

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Why are you still comparing Ocare to the popular New Deal when the unpopular Prohibition is a much better match?

The New Deal wasn't any more or less popular than the ACA. Like the ACA, it was hated by about half the nation.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When Obama bails out the insurance companies to the tune of billions in tax payer money, we will come to realize why the DHS bought up billions of rounds of ammo. That could be the ignition.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Barkoff
When Obama bails out the insurance companies to the tune of billions in tax payer money, we will come to realize why the DHS bought up billions of rounds of ammo. That could be the ignition.
No, no, no...that was all for the Coast Guard.

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by levrluvr

You can�t fix stupid and Stupid can�t fix stupid.

Exactly. And stupid is the majority of the vote that put these people in place. The danger isn't just the liberal/progressive politicians. It's the voters that either idolize them, or pay zero attention to anything but the Kardashians and Idol, or perform there nervous tic check of their dumbphone, until the next election comes around. The GOP isn't going to get another POTUS during my lifetime, if ever. The scales are tipped. You aren't beating Santa Claus.

Bow-you've been around long enough to know the mindset of these people. I'm not sure if you've studied them in earnest, however. How much Saul Alinsky have you read? If you were up on the Magic Negro's idol, you'd realize that Obamacare is working EXACTLY as designed. It's nearly perfect to the playbook. To reap chaos was a prerequisite. It's hardly a failure in the eyes of those that implemented it.

That's Bow's problem he just can't come to grips with fact the plan is working as designed and that voters are happy with the plan. I'll be pleasantly surprised if the GOP picks up enough seats in the Senate to take control while maintaining control of the House. I think the status quo will be maintained.

It is hard to argue with stupidity like this up against real world numbers.

��that voters are happy with the plan.� What voters? Show us the numbers.
The real world numbers are dropping like a rock as more and more people get hurt.

��It's working just fine and it's here to stay.� Post just one thing that is working just fine.
Or in keeping with the OP, post one thing that will not get worse this year.
Is the plan here to stay or does the Left want to replace it with single payer? Make up your mind.

��Whether you get health care or not is irreverent.� More than 6 million people have lost their insurance so far, compared to about 2 million who have enrolled in ObamaCare. And I have pointed out in some detail those numbers are about to get worse.

These people vote. Where are your numbers to show that this election will not repeat 2010?

Where is anything you have to back your claim?

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

The New Deal wasn't any more or less popular than the ACA. Like the ACA, it was hated by about half the nation.

So you won�t touch Prohibition because it does not fit your �no big gov programs ever fail� mindset.

The New Deal was a LOT more popular than Prohibition or ACA.
The New Deal was very popular with the people. It was supposed to help those who were hurting the most. Didn�t work all that well but people liked it.

ObamaCare is more like Prohibition in that they do not work and therefore do not help those intended.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
So you won�t touch Prohibition because it does not fit your �no big gov programs ever fail� mindset.

The New Deal was a LOT more popular than Prohibition or ACA.
The New Deal was very popular with the people. It was supposed to help those who were hurting the most. Didn�t work all that well but people liked it.

ObamaCare is more like Prohibition in that they do not work and therefore do not help those intended.
I hope you're correct, but I think it's far more like The New Deal than Prohibition. But you are correct, in that Prohibition is an example of the very rare case of central government being forced by overwhelming unpopularity to withdraw power from itself.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by efw
This is the problem with only listening/paying attention to "conservative media"; it doesn't offer an accurate picture of the national pulse.

The MSM rules the thoughts of low information individuals so no matter how common sense should dictate abolition of the program, it matters not. No matter how many anecdotes are being told on conservative sites that support that common sense, it matters not. The MSM, as I've already said in this thread, will not cover those stories.

The story has been told and will be retold over and over. There are millions of people without insurance, and thanks be to God for the gracious gift of Obama who has beaten back the evil powers of the Republicans to slam through ACA in the name of the downtrodden.

DITTOS +1,000

This ^^

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by efw
This is the problem with only listening/paying attention to "conservative media"; it doesn't offer an accurate picture of the national pulse.

The MSM rules the thoughts of low information individuals so no matter how common sense should dictate abolition of the program, it matters not. No matter how many anecdotes are being told on conservative sites that support that common sense, it matters not. The MSM, as I've already said in this thread, will not cover those stories.

The story has been told and will be retold over and over. There are millions of people without insurance, and thanks be to God for the gracious gift of Obama who has beaten back the evil powers of the Republicans to slam through ACA in the name of the downtrodden.

An accurate picture of the national pulse was the 2010 Conservative Landslide.

Mid terms are about turning out your base to vote on issues.
November 2014 will be about ObamaCare. Even if they start a war to change the subject. Millions of voters losing their healthcare because they can no longer afford it will show up to vote.
They will remember �if you like your insurance, you can keep it�

The 88% of Republicans who disapprove of ObamaCare with 77% strongly disapprove will show up.
The Obama base did not show up in 2010 and have even less reason to do so this fall.

The only �poll numbers� I trust are the 2010 mid-terms results.
The only �demographics� would be the 2010 mid-terms results.

It took only two years after Obama won his first election for the Conservatives to come back in 2010 and give this country the largest Conservative Landslide of any mid-term election�ever.

The largest shift in power since 1938. With the help of a new, loose knit group called the Tea Party; the GOP gained 63 House seats, 6 Senate seats, 29 of 50 Governorships, and 680 State Legislative seats that gave the GOP control of 25 state legislatures.

That election was Historic and it was about just the coming threat of ObamaCare.
And two years of the Obama agenda with a Pelosi House.

ObamaCare is no longer a threat. It is here.
And six years of the Obama agenda.

The polls show that Obama is even losing the young voters who are seeing with their own eyes for the first time what a nightmare big government really is.

Those are the demographics that will be in play in just 10 months.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by efw

An accurate picture of the national pulse was the 2010 Conservative Landslide.

Mid terms are about turning out your base to vote on issues.
November 2014 will be about ObamaCare. Even if they start a war to change the subject. Millions of voters losing their healthcare because they can no longer afford it will show up to vote.
They will remember �if you like your insurance, you can keep it�

The 88% of Republicans who disapprove of ObamaCare with 77% strongly disapprove will show up.
The Obama base did not show up in 2010 and have even less reason to do so this fall.

The only �poll numbers� I trust are the 2010 mid-terms results.
The only �demographics� would be the 2010 mid-terms results.

It took only two years after Obama won his first election for the Conservatives to come back in 2010 and give this country the largest Conservative Landslide of any mid-term election�ever.

The largest shift in power since 1938. With the help of a new, loose knit group called the Tea Party; the GOP gained 63 House seats, 6 Senate seats, 29 of 50 Governorships, and 680 State Legislative seats that gave the GOP control of 25 state legislatures.

That election was Historic and it was about just the coming threat of ObamaCare.
And two years of the Obama agenda with a Pelosi House.

ObamaCare is no longer a threat. It is here.
And six years of the Obama agenda.

The polls show that Obama is even losing the young voters who are seeing with their own eyes for the first time what a nightmare big government really is.

Those are the demographics that will be in play in just 10 months.

Are you kidding?? The rank and file REPs are already villifying the very people who gave them the House in 2010, and are blaming the Tea Party for everything that is wrong in the Senate. The REP will implode unless Braindead Bainer, and Misguided McConnel are ousted from leadership!! Do you really see any chance of that?? I would really hope so...but I'm also a realist.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
No I�m not kidding, just looking at the numbers.
The arrival of ObamaCare has triggered a real war on the Hill.
Large sums of money are being targeted against the Tea Party.

Thanks to ObamaCare, the Tea Party will have no trouble in responding.

Thanks to ObamaCare, the Tea Party will be remembered as the ones who did what they could to stop the destruction of millions of healthcare insurance policies.
Thanks to ObamaCare, Ted Cruz and those who stood with him in a battle he could not win will be remembered.

Thanks to ObamaCare, this 2014 mid-term election in just 10 months will repeat and surpass the 2010 election.
Look very carefully at the 2010 results I posted.
Some say that will not repeat. But they have yet to post any numbers to justify.

I expect that the Dems will get a mid-East war going before the election.
But that will not stop Mom and Dad who just lost their family heath insurance from stepping into the voting booth in record numbers.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
You know what they say about figures & figurers...

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
1/5/14
Newser) � Rand Paul is no fan of ObamaCare, and today less so. The Kentucky Republican took to This Week today to wave a Medicaid card at the camera�a Medicaid card he says was erroneously issued to his son when he was signing up for health insurance. "So, really, most of the people in Kentucky are automatically being enrolled in Medicaid," he complained, as per Politico. "I'm trying to pay for insurance and can't pay for it. And I'm uncertain now whether I'm enrolled in DC and/or Kentucky. It's a mess."

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
1/5/14
Newser) � Rand Paul is no fan of ObamaCare, and today less so. The Kentucky Republican took to This Week today to wave a Medicaid card at the camera�a Medicaid card he says was erroneously issued to his son when he was signing up for health insurance. "So, really, most of the people in Kentucky are automatically being enrolled in Medicaid," he complained, as per Politico. "I'm trying to pay for insurance and can't pay for it. And I'm uncertain now whether I'm enrolled in DC and/or Kentucky. It's a mess."

And your point?

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Obamacare is here to stay. It is the legacy of America's first "black" POTUS and means more power to all Politicians.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
1/5/14
Newser) – Rand Paul is no fan of ObamaCare, and today less so. The Kentucky Republican took to This Week today to wave a Medicaid card at the camera—a Medicaid card he says was erroneously issued to his son when he was signing up for health insurance. "So, really, most of the people in Kentucky are automatically being enrolled in Medicaid," he complained, as per Politico. "I'm trying to pay for insurance and can't pay for it. And I'm uncertain now whether I'm enrolled in DC and/or Kentucky. It's a mess."

And your point?

"It's a mess."

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barkoff

No, it won't.

It also won't have any effect on Zerocare. Billions spent by the govt means nothing to masses. If Hussein bails out the insurance companies it will make headlines for a few weeks, the GOP will bish about it forever, and when the next crisis occurs it will fade away.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
1/5/14
Newser) – Rand Paul is no fan of ObamaCare, and today less so. The Kentucky Republican took to This Week today to wave a Medicaid card at the camera—a Medicaid card he says was erroneously issued to his son when he was signing up for health insurance. "So, really, most of the people in Kentucky are automatically being enrolled in Medicaid," he complained, as per Politico. "I'm trying to pay for insurance and can't pay for it. And I'm uncertain now whether I'm enrolled in DC and/or Kentucky. It's a mess."

And your point?

"It's a mess."

Agree. And your point?

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
1/5/14

And your point?

"It's a mess."

Agree. And your point?

Duh!
�It's a mess."

TODAYS HEADLINES:
1/6/14
Breitbart News: Breitbart TV
http://www.breitbart.com/breitbart-tv

California Obamacare Exchange Extends Payment Deadline to January 15
Obamacare Threatens Volunteer Firefighter Groups
Nearly Two Thirds of 2013 Government Waste, Fraud Came from HHS
Obamacare Glitches Leave Over 100,000 Medicaid, CHIP Applicants in Limbo
Ron Johnson to sue OPM over Obamacare

George Will, on Fox News Sunday was talking about the resurgence of liberal ideas that always fail, which always leads to the country swinging to the Right.

Oh, there�s nothing better for American conservatism than periodic examples of untrammeled liberalism.
Lyndon Johnson after 1964 had huge majorities in Congress, had his way.
Republicans won five of the next six and seven of the next nine presidential elections
.�

He was talking about the new mayor of New York City, de Blasio and that his liberal agenda will ultimately fail.

He could have said the same thing about ObamaCare X10.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Agree. And your point?

Duh!
�It's a mess."

TODAYS HEADLINES:
1/6/14
Breitbart News: Breitbart TV
http://www.breitbart.com/breitbart-tv

California Obamacare Exchange Extends Payment Deadline to January 15
Obamacare Threatens Volunteer Firefighter Groups
Nearly Two Thirds of 2013 Government Waste, Fraud Came from HHS
Obamacare Glitches Leave Over 100,000 Medicaid, CHIP Applicants in Limbo
Ron Johnson to sue OPM over Obamacare

George Will, on Fox News Sunday was talking about the resurgence of liberal ideas that always fail, which always leads to the country swinging to the Right.

Oh, there�s nothing better for American conservatism than periodic examples of untrammeled liberalism.
Lyndon Johnson after 1964 had huge majorities in Congress, had his way.
Republicans won five of the next six and seven of the next nine presidential elections
.�

He was talking about the new mayor of New York City, de Blasio and that his liberal agenda will ultimately fail.

He could have said the same thing about ObamaCare X10.

I agree with everything you posted and I still cannot see your point.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

316 members (29aholic, 45_100, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 1badf350, 45 invisible), 1,798 guests, and 1,218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,975
Posts18,519,835
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.