Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I will point out something in relation durability of zippers on bags. Kifaru, Mystery Ranch, Stone Glacier, and Paradox all offer a large zipper in bags. It's all about the compression system, pressure is taken off the zipper once the pack is compressed.

GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Thanks for your replies Kurt and Scott. It makes sense about the compression straps taking most of the stress off of the zipper. I do have a MR longbow and actually like being able to access the bottom of the bag with out dragging every thing out. But I obviously don't carry huge loads in it. Just boned out deer with no camp.

I like the idea of the sky 7400 being two different pack sizes in one pack
, but with out sacrificing anything. Seems like when you see a product trying to do two different things it usually does neither very well.

Need to get back home and out of the lesser 48 so I can catch a few more marten to pay for a new pack!

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
So I wear 36" jeans and actual waist measurement is 39". Will the belt be long enough or do I have to drop a few pounds?

S
S
Alvaro ~ Sorry I missed your question earlier. Schnee�s will have packs to sell at the shows, but SCI in Vegas is the last show they are attending and I cannot guarantee there will be all models still available at that show. However, there will be stock back in Bozeman, usually 2-3 days via UPS ground.

Huntabsarokee ~ If you wear a 36� pant size, you will be fine with the belt length�no need to diet:) There will be an upper limit in waist size for using the power pulls due to a lack of excess webbing. I do not have this specific measurement yet, but this will be included in the specs and videos for the power pulls when I finish and load all product specs to the website next week.

Thanks
Kurt

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Kurt,

I have a Solo that I bought last winter and used in AK and Wyoming this past fall. It has the one-piece bag and load shelf design. If I buy the load shelf acessory, is there some way to remove the old shelf from my Solo bag? I take it the new bags are seperate from the shelf?

Best,

Chet

[Linked Image]

Last edited by ChetAF; 12/26/13.

The first great thing is to find yourself and for that you need solitude and contemplation. I can tell you deliverance will not come from the rushing noisy centers of civilization. It will come from the lonely places. Fridtjof Nansen
IC B2

S
S
Chet,
Yes, you can remove the shelf very easy from your bag, feel free to email me or call and I will give you the specifics. You can also send it to me if you prefer I do it.
Yes, all new bags have the detachable load shelf standard. This change allows the load shelf to moved to the front of the pack for a compression panel when the load shelf is not in use. It also allows the Krux frame to be used with just the load shelf, no bag, as demonstrated on the Minimalist pack.
Awesome photo Chet!!
Thanks
Kurt

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks Kurt. How much does the frame weigh without a bag?

The first great thing is to find yourself and for that you need solitude and contemplation. I can tell you deliverance will not come from the rushing noisy centers of civilization. It will come from the lonely places. Fridtjof Nansen
S
S
Chet,
The frame is 2.32 lbs, the load shelf is .13 lbs, for a total of 2.45 lbs. frame and load shelf.
Kurt

djp Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Am I correct in reading the Krux frame/shelf isn't sold as is? The Minimalist is the closest option to frame alone?

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Wheres the pricing going to be? Trying to make a decision here.. (grin)

IC B3

L
llama2 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Here you go-

Prices for the whole SG line including the 2014 new ones are up:

http://www.schnees.com/category/Stone-Glacier-Ultralight-Backpacks

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
thanks!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

160 members (1lesfox, 44mc, 219DW, 007FJ, 35, 12 invisible), 1,363 guests, and 891 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,869
Posts18,478,698
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.