Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Originally Posted by LostHighway
Less time LEO dealing with antiquated drug laws and focus on serious crime like drug cartels.

And what exactly will they do to drug cartels without antiquated drug laws? Give them a stern talking to about how they're doing something that used to be against the law?

===========

Colorado made it easier for the underground market, not more difficult.

I could make a great living off the 15-20 year old market being ignored by Colorado's wisdom.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

GB1

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by isaac
This is all another failed .gov/.state experiment.

Fixt. smile

Gunner

Trump Won!
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
The government was against gambling too until it figured out how to get its share.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
The government was against gambling too until it figured out how to get its share.

And Al-Key-Hall. grin

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calvin
It's going to open up a lot of opportunity for those that don't partake.

Oh, you need $150 and I get to hold your Super Blackhawk as collateral? No problem, man, I'll do that I guess. (Boy that Blackhawk has been a fun tool to "borrow" for the past 20 years. grin Probably did the guy a favor anyway, since use of the stuff would preclude him from owning anyway.)

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by smokepole
Get licensed for what?

Sell weed.

Travis

From what I can tell (Denver Post), the current "shortages" and high prices are just reflecting the fact that it became legal to sell it on January 1st, and it also became legal for licensed growers to grow it for the recreational users on January 1st. So the recreational shops have a temporary supply shortage that will disappear in a few months when the growers catch up.

That, and the fact that there were only a handful of shops that got their licenses processed on time for opening on the first, meaning there were long lines and long waits to just get in the door. And shops were limiting the amount a customer could buy, ironically, very similar to .22 LR ammo when you can find it.

When they get around to processing all the retailer licenses (more shops open by a factor of 10 and way more competition) the novelty wears off (less demand) and the growers catch up (ready supply), the prices will plummet, and all the discussions on "$400/ounce pot" like the ones on this thread will go up in smoke. So to speak. As will any notion that making weed legal somehow makes it easier for the black market.

So no, I haven't cashed in my 401(K) to buy grow lights and fertilizer just yet. My money's going into strategically-placed Ben & Jerry franchises.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

The stores will only buy the absolute best stuff. If a grow does not go well, a grower may get stuck with it. If what you brought in wasn't top grade hydroponic, chances are you would be stuck with it.

So, when the Federal Gold match and Tenex ran out, no one wanted to buy any bulk packs?

They are stoners. They'll buy and smoke sticks and stems if that'll get em high.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by vabeachman

Hospitals around here are testing potential employees for tobacco use. Can't get hired if you fail the nicotine test. So I guess any business has the right to test potential employees for whatever they want.

How about melanin?

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

We haven't legalized hard drugs, prostitution (yet, I suspect that's coming next), or unlimited gambling.

I am astounded that prostitution isnt legal. 30 years ago back in HS I predicted that, as an extension of the womens liberation movement and civil rights, it would be legalized shortly.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (1badf350, 257wthbylover, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 1_deuce, 1936M71, 64 invisible), 1,753 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,113
Posts18,522,823
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.