Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Akpilot Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
A heads up for those that aren't aware of it. USPS priority flat rate boxes are THE SAME COST to all 50 states!!!
Ok rant over

"Not everyone needs four tons of smashing power, but for those that do, there's only one choice."
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Heh... I shipped 1000 .45 Cal boolits to Alaska in a USPS Flat rate box a while back. Deal! ...(For me).... felt bad for the local delivery person.

"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see."
~Mark Twain
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hear you ask pilot I had to tell folks several times no additional cost for flat rate boxes to Alaska . Another one shipping rifles it's $43.00 bucks not $50, not a $100 but $43 dollars.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
One of my pet peeves. Gunbroker, eBay etc., listing they ship flat rate but not to Alaska or Hawaii.

Mart

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Puerto Rico same flat rate as well . A guy won my E-Bay item from there . Told him I would check at Post Office and I would ship if same rate and it was .

When you find yourself in a hole stop digging.....
IC B2

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
I tried to order some parts for one of our commercial kitchen stoves yesterday and was told by the salesman that they don't ship out of the country. I told him that the last time I checked, Alaska was a state. He didn't have an answer for me and I had to go elsewhere for the parts. The parts will fit in a flat rate box as well.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
And you can get two 5.5 in Ruger single actions in a single medium flat rate box. I think folks use the excuse of the buyer living outside the lower 48 as a means of jacking the price up. And I'm also done ranting.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Dieselman
And you can get two 5.5 in Ruger single actions in a single medium flat rate box. I think folks use the excuse of the buyer living outside the lower 48 as a means of jacking the price up. And I'm also done ranting.

The title is misleading. USPS same costs ONLY IF it fits in a flat rate box, otherwise a hell of a lot more. And AK buyers will often try to beat you down for price shipped AND THEN throw "Oh by the way you have to ship it to Alaska" and cost the buyer more money. Plus pretty sure you cannot "legally" ship one pistol in a Flat rate box much less two.

That goes both ways. Rant over. smile

Last edited by BountyHunter; 01/15/14.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Just went to USPS.com and did an estimate. I "shipped" from Las Vegas to Greenbrier, TN and the cost for a 38"x9"x4" 10lb box was $54.52. The same box to Eagle River, AK was $57.32.

So I dont think that if I was selling a rifle I would let $2.80 stop me from selling it. If that was the case I guess I could let the buyer know of the LESS than $3.00 premium I would need to add.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have shipped to both states using usps flat rate. Shipped a rifle to Alaska, and the price was not bad (maybe $30 bucks).

IC B3

A
Akpilot Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Good point, amazing how many people don't realize Alaska is a State. In the same country. And it is part of the continental US.

"Not everyone needs four tons of smashing power, but for those that do, there's only one choice."
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Another fact is that you can ship/send items via Fed Ex or UPS Ground.

A
Akpilot Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
For shipping long guns priority from Alaska to Texas is within $2 of shipping California to New York. Don't believe it? Try the usps shipping rate calculator. All mail goes by plane, just because it's north doesn't make it more money than east/west

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Quote (Plus pretty sure you cannot "legally" ship one pistol in a Flat rate box much less two.)

FFL dealers can use USPS flat rate boxes for shipping handguns. Non FFL can,t.

USPS rates lately to ship a long gun to AK have gone up around $47 to $55 in my experience. UPS can be 30% higher or more and quite a bit slower.

UPS and Fedex have priced themselves out of AK market plus lousy service here.
I will not use them unless left with no other alternative.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

A FFL can using USPS FORM 1508

In Michigan you need to remove your name from your pistol permit to sell out of state by using a FFL.
So for me FFL fee plus shipping USPS flat rate is still cheaper than UPS FedEX.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
You can if you're an FFL. You cannot if you're not an FFL.

Originally Posted by BountyHunter

The title is misleading. USPS same costs ONLY IF it fits in a flat rate box, otherwise a hell of a lot more. And AK buyers will often try to beat you down for price shipped AND THEN throw "Oh by the way you have to ship it to Alaska" and cost the buyer more money. Plus pretty sure you cannot "legally" ship one pistol in a Flat rate box much less two.

That goes both ways. Rant over. smile

"Keep your mouth shut, work hard. Life is tough. Work through it.” -- Stetson Bennett, Quarterback, Georgia Bulldogs
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
AK buyers will often try to beat you down for price shipped AND THEN throw "Oh by the way you have to ship it to Alaska"

I would never think of doing that to you; thats why you're now on ignore grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by coyotewacker

A FFL can using USPS FORM 1508

In Michigan you need to remove your name from your pistol permit to sell out of state by using a FFL.
So for me FFL fee plus shipping USPS flat rate is still cheaper than UPS FedEX.

You "have to" or you "want to", not aware thats a law. Do you have a link to the state law?

A
Akpilot Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
^^^

A
Akpilot Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Refresher

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10ring1, 160user, 1badf350, 16penny, 64 invisible), 2,178 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,026
Posts18,481,789
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.