Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
The 4th protects you against unreasonable searches and seizures. If you seize me without a reason, that is by definition....UN-reasonable.

Thanks Mav. I like you more by the day.

(Ass slap)

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Guys who drive drunk object. grin

Actually most say. "Yeah, you caught me" and plead guilty. For first offense at least. Night in jail before first appearance, around $500 plus attorney's fees, 30 days suspended on conditions including alcohol abuse school, no drinking/drugs possibly with daily testing paid for by the offender, no trouble with the law, possibly vehicle impound fees. Work permit usually granted. Pretty good slap on the head to get their attention.

Maybe in S.D. But here, DWIs are a huge deal. A good DWI attorney in Austin will cost you $15,000. $20K if it was a DWI cop that arrested you.

And people are lined up to pay it.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Wonder how you folks who think being stopped and questioned for no apparent reason is OK would feel when they come knocking on your door asking if you have any guns.

....well someone's wife/daughter/friend was shot, so I'm all for getting those terrible guns of the street.....

Incrementalism creep isn't that far fetched. Just look at where we've come in the last 30 years. Just look at some of the new gun laws of the last year or two. Registration, bans.... little by little.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
The 4th protects you against unreasonable searches and seizures. If you seize me without a reason, that is by definition....UN-reasonable.

Thanks Mav. I like you more by the day.

(Ass slap)

Travis

Good game...Good game....

Finding drunk drivers ain't rocket surgery. In fact, if you get off work at bar close time it's hard to make it back to the office without tripping over one. You can make plenty of DWI arrests without check points.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What part of this isn't understood? or is it OK because it will save a life or two?
Same folks that think reasonable 2nd Amendment regulation is OK, as long as it saves a child, and the hell with the US Construction.

Ben Franklin was correct!

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

effects
pl n
1. Also called: personal effects personal property or belongings

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/effects

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Drunk driving check points is an exception, Supreme Court held it not unreasonable based on public safety/minimal intrusion. That's why they're quick and advertised. I believe some states have held otherwise.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It also said Obumfugcare is a constitutional "tax". smirk

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Travis you are confusing rights with privileges!

I'm all for freedom.

Driving is not a Constitutionally protected "right" it is a privilege granted by the State government,which is elected by the people.

People have a duty to comply with the rules of the road in order to use them, that is part of the agreement when getting a license. If one doesn't want to be "checked" they can choose to not drive on the public roadways.

If the rules are to stringent then the people need to influence their representatives to change them. The same way MADD and other groups influence their Reps to toughen them.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
How in the hell these checks and fish and game checks pass constitutional muster is beyond me. G&F checks are worse than the. DUI ones. What's the PC for the stop? You are driving a car? We have the DUI stops and I have driven through 2. They tag people for insurance violations more than DUI. Just show your 'papers' and you be on your way shortly.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
People are happy to surrender "other people's" rights.

The dumb fuggers just ain't figgered it out yet.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe in S.D. But here, DWIs are a huge deal. A good DWI attorney in Austin will cost you $15,000. $20K if it was a DWI cop that arrested you.

And people are lined up to pay it.

Send some of those rich drinkers up here and fast, we need them badly! Lots get court appointed here which might get you a little past break even.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Drunk driving check points is an exception, Supreme Court held it not unreasonable based on public safety/minimal intrusion. That's why they're quick and advertised. I believe some states have held otherwise.

Yeah. That same "court" is going to have the same opinion when NY and CT goes lookin' for all those guns they can't account for.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right

I'm all for freedom.

Driving is not a Constitutionally protected "right" it is a privilege granted by the State government,which is elected by the people.

People have a duty to comply with the rules of the road in order to use them, that is part of the agreement when getting a license. If one doesn't want to be "checked" they can choose to not drive on the public roadways.

If the rules are to stringent then the people need to influence their representatives to change them. The same way MADD and other groups influence their Reps to toughen them.

Mike

Here ya go read it again,

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by K1500
How in the hell these checks and fish and game checks pass constitutional muster...

They (probably) don't. SD gave up on them after somebody in MN challenged the stops and they were found unconstitutional, under the MN constitution IIRC. DUI checkpoints are pretty much unique.

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right

I'm all for freedom.

Mike

Holy [bleep].

Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
DUI checkpoints are pretty much unique.

Sort of. Some states have immigration checkpoints as well.

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Give us more control now, we don't like freedom anyhow!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Outside of at/near the U. S. border where other rules have always applied don't think you can do that. Agricultural inspections at state borders is the only other exceptional case that comes to mind.

Which explains a lot.
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Skip to 4:30 in this one where it starts.

Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (264mag, 2500HD, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 54 invisible), 1,862 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,058
Posts18,521,375
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.