Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
Driving on the highways is a privilege, not a right. I have no problem with them keeping drunks off of the road!

Mike
whatever we do to take drunk drivers off the road is fine with me....do you know anyone killed or seriously injured by someone driving drunk?

GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
The 4th protects you against unreasonable searches and seizures. If you seize me without a reason, that is by definition....UN-reasonable.

but some of dem boys are pretty good at coming up with "reasons"..
Not too long ago I was pulled over late at night, I had not been drinking but had long hair and a 5 liter mustang. After producing papers, he said may I search your vehicle?? I said no thank you, that isn't necessary, sir. He informed me that now my vehicle smelled like weed. How odd, I thought, as I sat on the curb while he and a buddy searched away..
The fourth took that night off.

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by vapodog
Driving on the highways is a privilege, not a right. I have no problem with them keeping drunks off of the road!

Mike
whatever we do to take drunk drivers off the road is fine with me....do you know anyone killed or seriously injured by someone driving drunk?

Whatever we do to take guns off the street is fine with me...do you know anyone killed or seriously injured by someone using a firearm in an unlawful manner?

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 700LH
Travis you are confusing rights with privileges!

I'm all for freedom.

Driving is not a Constitutionally protected "right" it is a privilege granted by the State government,which is elected by the people.

People have a duty to comply with the rules of the road in order to use them, that is part of the agreement when getting a license. If one doesn't want to be "checked" they can choose to not drive on the public roadways.

If the rules are to stringent then the people need to influence their representatives to change them. The same way MADD and other groups influence their Reps to toughen them.

Mike

Here ya go read it again,

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

And it's not unreasonable to see if the driver is operating a vehicle while impaired.

Roadblocks are few and far between, they act as a deterrent because people assume after the Superbowl or at night on 4th of July the po-po is going to be out looking so they use a designated driver. So it worked!

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
As for all of the throwing in of gun talk, that's a whole different issue and I agree we shouldn't even be required to have a carry permit because RKBA is a protected, inalienable right.

Mike

NRA Endowment Member

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
By some of y'alls definition I shouldn't have to submit to a search to get on an airplane either! How much flying y'all going to do without haji getting a pat down?

Mike

NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

And it's not unreasonable to see if the driver is operating a vehicle while impaired.

Roadblocks are few and far between, they act as a deterrent because people assume after the Superbowl or at night on 4th of July the po-po is going to be out looking so they use a designated driver. So it worked!

Mike

So in your opinion a police officer should be allowed to stop any vehicle he chooses, regardless of cause?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
And another....

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
By some of y'alls definition I shouldn't have to submit to a search to get on an airplane either! How much flying y'all going to do without haji getting a pat down?

Mike

Actually, I do say that. My entering an agreement with an airline has nothing to do with the state. And I understand the public as a whole feels they need the state to keep them safe but I do not.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

Mike

So in you opinion a police officer should be allowed to stop any vehicle he chooses, regardless of cause?

Travis

NO!! but at occasional roadblocks they can check all cars that pass through. Therefore no singling out, no stereotyping, no racial harassment.

Mike

NRA Endowment Member

IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Checkpoints are so foreign to me I can't even wrap my head around the idea of being ok with being stopped for no reason.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
If we are going to call for strict adherence to the 2nd Amendment, then we need to hold to the same standard over ALL of our rights.

Drunk Drivers are idjits, and need to be properly addressed, but roadblocks fly in the face of the very foundations of a society that embraces Freedom.

Those that'd turn a blind eye in the name of safety, needn't beetch and moan when the gubbiment comes for our guns...As they've already let the fox into the henhouse.

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly,
while bad people will find a way around the laws."

- Plato
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

Mike

Actually, I do say that. My entering an agreement with an airline has nothing to do with the state. And I understand the public as a whole feels they need the state to keep them safe but I do not.

Travis

The State collected the money from the people to build the roads, the people chose the state to build, maintain and regulate the use of the roads, the state does that by making rules for the use of the roads, you agree to those rules when you obtain a license to operate a vehicle on those roads.

Mike

NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nope. Not allowed in the Alaska Republic.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wisturkeyhunter
Checkpoints are so foreign to me I can't even wrap my head around the idea of being ok with being stopped for no reason.

Have you ever driven on a toll road?

Did you get offended by having to pay a tax to drive on a road your tax money built?

Mike

NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

NO!! but at occasional roadblocks they can check all cars that pass through. Therefore no singling out, no stereotyping, no racial harassment.

Mike

So you feel the police have the right to stop every citizen they encounter when searching for specific violators?

Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Have you ever driven on a toll road?

Did you get offended by having to pay a tax to drive on a road your tax money built?

Mike

Are you schitfaced right now?

Honest question.

Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

The State collected the money from the people to build the roads, the people chose the state to build, maintain and regulate the use of the roads, the state does that by making rules for the use of the roads, you agree to those rules when you obtain a license to operate a vehicle on those roads.

Mike

Ok. So you agree that since the state funded the road and the citizen acquired a license, the state has a right to stop anybody on that road, and with that license, without cause?

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Yes and in Georgia they check for license and insurance which every driver is required to have and if they smell alcohol, marijuana or the driver appears impaired they will proceed to investigate further if none of those signs appear you pass on in about 20 seconds.

Mike

NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BlackFrog
Skip to 4:30 in this one where it starts.

Sparks NV police are scumbags for the most part, and they have been for the 66 years I've lived near them. Reno police are the polar opposite...professional and knowledgeable. There were also many of us instrumental in seeing to the defeat of a little Napoleon justice court Judge in Sparks, Judge Stone. He was just as discourteous to those before him as these jerks behind Sparks badges. It was, and it still is all about money and fines in Sparks Nevada.

Enjoy Reno, and stay the hll out of Sparks! (Click on the Green Insert near the end)

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

475 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 2ndwind, 1badf350, 257 roberts, 48 invisible), 1,765 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,036
Posts18,520,993
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.