-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey Travis, I'm reading the glock book. Pretty good read so far. Thank you for recommending.

GB1

40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
To all the armchair economists/piss ant capitalists who are talking about the �new price� for .22lr ��- if and when Cabelas, Brownells, midway, Basspro, Sportsmans, Wallmart and all the rest start selling it for 10 times what it cost last year that will be a market correction. What we have now is a bubble caused by people with part time jobs at such places arranging for their family and friends to be on hand to purchase all the .22lr so they can resell it at gouger prices. You ask me what is right/proper/fair? Let the manufacturers, middle people and big box stores raise prices and sell .22lr for what you gougers are trying to sell if for, let the profit flow to the real capitalist. Done and done.

P.S., I�ve got about 3000-4000 22lr on hand, but I also have three kids that just hit shooting age in the last couple of years. We were going to take the kids to the Appleseed shooting event last November, but decided not to because it would use up 1000-1500 rounds. (Two of the kids have already gone. My middle daughter is looking forward to her first time). We talk about needing to get kids into shooting, well .22lr is the primary introduction for the next generation of shooters. (Think Kant's categorical imperative).

Bottom line, the gougers are not capitalist, sportsmen, or anyone I�d like to hang around. Hell, most of the people involved don�t have jobs, how else could they arrange to be at the store when the shipments come in!

"What I was saying is if my kin folk 400 years ago had guns, we wouldn�t be having this conversation. I�m in favor of guns and encourage everyone I know to have them because the last time we didn�t have them we were abused.�
Rep.Mitchell.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 40O
To all the armchair economists/piss ant capitalists who are talking about the �new price� for .22lr ��- if and when Cabelas, Brownells, midway, Basspro, Sportsmans, Wallmart and all the rest start selling it for 10 times what it cost last year that will be a market correction. What we have now is a bubble caused by people with part time jobs at such places arranging for their family and friends to be on hand to purchase all the .22lr so they can resell it at gouger prices. You ask me what is right/proper/fair? Let the manufacturers, middle people and big box stores raise prices and sell .22lr for what you gougers are trying to sell if for, let the profit flow to the real capitalist. Done and done.

P.S., I�ve got about 3000-4000 22lr on hand, but I also have three kids that just hit shooting age in the last couple of years. We were going to take the kids to the Appleseed shooting event last November, but decided not to because it would use up 1000-1500 rounds. (Two of the kids have already gone. My middle daughter is looking forward to her first time). We talk about needing to get kids into shooting, well .22lr is the primary introduction for the next generation of shooters. (Think Kant's categorical imperative).

Bottom line, the gougers are not capitalist, sportsmen, or anyone I�d like to hang around. Hell, most of the people involved don�t have jobs, how else could they arrange to be at the store when the shipments come in!
I agree with this for the most part. If $60 a brick was the new price, then the retailers would be selling it for that. They are not, just the gougers.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
For you folks that are bitching and complaining that you can't find 22LR ammo at decent prices, could be your looking in the wrong place. I had 2800 rounds delivered TYD for 5.8 cents per round last week. That's about $30.00 per brick.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Funny all these new entrepreneurs keep talking about "the market" but not how and who created "the market".

Funny how the only places that have ammo are the ones asking the current value.

Why anybody would insist a business take it in the ass for the sake of what things cost in 2012 is beyond me.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Hey Travis, I'm reading the glock book. Pretty good read so far. Thank you for recommending.

It's a fun read.

Those boys were "gougers." grin

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MissouriEd
For you folks that are bitching and complaining that you can't find 22LR ammo at decent prices, could be your looking in the wrong place. I had 2800 rounds delivered TYD for 5.8 cents per round last week. That's about $30.00 per brick.

I picked up enough ammo for my two oldest to go to shooting camp online thanks to someone posting here on the fire. But truth be told, I've not gotten down and dirty putting in back orders and checking inventories every thirty minutes. I suppose it is time to teach the kids how to research and shop for ammo online. laugh LOL

"What I was saying is if my kin folk 400 years ago had guns, we wouldn�t be having this conversation. I�m in favor of guns and encourage everyone I know to have them because the last time we didn�t have them we were abused.�
Rep.Mitchell.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by 40O
Originally Posted by MissouriEd

I picked up enough ammo for my two oldest to go to shooting camp online thanks to someone posting here on the fire. But truth be told, I've not gotten down and dirty putting in back orders and checking inventories every thirty minutes. I suppose it is time to teach the kids how to research and shop for ammo online. laugh LOL

That's the only way to do it. Teach them right.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by MColeman
Think of it this way---people who only bought ammunition they plan on using a few days before they intended to use it and only bought enough for that outing are just caught up in their own short sightedness. It's much like the people who go to the grocery store and only buy the things they plan on cooking/eating the next day.

I like to have some food/ammo/clothes bought up just in case....

Exactly . Just like the folks who only fill the gas tanks in their cars & trucks for what they'll use that week instead of planning ahead and having twin 550 gallon tanks in the backyard with a year or so's worth of gasoline.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Guess I have to quit my day job to be ready for when the opportunity strikes.............. grin

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think everyone who owns a firearm should quit their current job and make a living selling 22lr.

http://pin.it/_WJQ2xO

and FREE EYEBALL!
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Even better quit your day job and get a nite job as the factory 22 sales dude.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think my next investment opportunity lies within a 75 mi radius of Harve, Montana. I'm thinking of buying every gas station in the tri-county area and in a brilliant marketing scheme, I'm going to raise the price of reg gas and diesel fuel to $9 a gallon.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Just raise the price of Bud Light and Miller Lite �.you'll make more that way�.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Guess I have to quit my day job to be ready for when the opportunity strikes.............. grin

Well you could plan ahead. There are opportunities every day.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I think my next investment opportunity lies within a 75 mi radius of Harve, Montana. I'm thinking of buying every gas station in the tri-county area and in a brilliant marketing scheme, I'm going to raise the price of reg gas and diesel fuel to $9 a gallon.

You can't. That market is regulated.

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
Just raise the price of Bud Light and Miller Lite �.you'll make more that way�.

I thought you guys saved that for special occasions ?

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Don't put me in with those hi-line guys�I put in my time up there�.

That stuff in bottles is for special occasions�.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

You can't. That market is regulated.

Travis

You mean there are anti-scumbag laws that prevent "capitalism" in that market........lol

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by ingwe
Don't put me in with those hi-line guys�I put in my time up there�.

That stuff in bottles is for special occasions�.

Must be Geratol?

Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (1eyedmule, 21, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 67 invisible), 3,938 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,759
Posts18,535,662
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.