Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
SBH reminds me of the type that washed out of the military because he couldn't hack it, now he is mad at the system. Spending one week in AFG would change that tune right quick. I can tell you for FACT that today's military people ARE NOT in it for the money. ESPECIALLY after their first contract. It's the people, service and camaraderie that keeps them going longer. It makes them sad when they have to get out, retire,....or get injured and have to leave.

I am on 17 years now and I think about all the family events that I missed and it does sometimes get me down. However, when I consider all the experiences, there is no way that I could ever replace that. The incredible things that I have seen and done. The people I have met. The missions. It was a life worth living and I feel blessed to have done it for my country.

Less than 1% of our population is on the active duty role now. That's not much. Hence, most of us know people who have lost their lives in combat. We know their families as well. We see and live the total devastation of losing a 30 yr old father, leaving behind a wife and three children to put it all back together. And guess what? Our families see that devastation too. Then our families see us go off 'again' and we tell them that it wont be us this time around. Yeah, that works real well.

But its all worth it. Because I get GI Bill benefits.

SBH, you are a shell of a man. Thanks for helping me remember the ignore feature.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

GB1

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
Thanks for your service. It is much appreciated. Something wrong with that SBH guy.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Gentlemen:

A favor if you please. I have had this bottom feeder on ignore for quite some time now. However, every time you quote him, I have to read his drivel. Please, if you respond to his trolling, I ask that you NOT quote him. Thank you.

Steve

p.s. Good video.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by StripBuckHunter
Wait here just one minute. I've paid for you. Doesn't this count for anything? Why is this never mentioned in these types of threads? Why can't you deliver to me......your customer.........what I've paid for without bitching and trying to make me feel guilty and somehow lacking in support of you (or was it me?).

I've paid for your lifetime healthcare........including medication copays.......which you've never seen.

I've paid for your on-the-job training.

I've paid for your neverending job security......which few other Americans have.

I've paid for your uniforms and gear.

I've paid for you to have state-of-the-art fighting and safety equipment....in order to protect YOU (or was it me?).

I've paid for your outrageous pension, too.

Please answer.

Here's your answer....

[Linked Image]

That is an American Cemetery above Omaha Beach in Normandy...

Sure you've never been there....

This is the resting place of guys who gave their lives so that folks like you can get on your soap box and wear out your first amendment rights, while making a jackass out of yourselves...

Every guy in this cemetery is there because he was killed in combat, fighting to preserve the freedoms you take for granted and abuse when it fits your needs...

This isn't Arlington Cemetery where there are guys buried after they died, having a long life...

There are many cemeteries just like this around the world...
and also many full of those veterans around our nation...

They paid much more than any one of your kind has ever paid...and in return you take it for granted....

I know these guys can no longer speak, to give you the answer to your questions.. but I can say with a lot of confidence it would be somewhere between STFU... GFY....or EATSHIT&DIE

Please enjoy your evening and have a better day tomorrow than you evidently had today...

best regards.....
From a Veteran of the Army Medical Corp.
and thanks for all the bed pans you supplied us with... believe me, we put them to good use to catch and get rid of tons of Schitt.....like thisf for instance...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by vabeachman
I have taken care of many WWII vets and Vietnam Era vets in Naval Hospitals. If they have done the time, they get the benefits. Actually the benefit package has changed and has become worse generally. You really need to keep your mouth shut about things you know nothing about.

VAB...

Thanks for your service from a fellow Corpman.. Army Edition..

Guys like you and I are in the honored position to have been able to meet, talk and take care of a lot of our veterans...

Those that have not had that luck, really haven't been blessed like we were.....

I have never seen a guy in a military hospital bed, as currently active or a veteran that was ripping off the tax payers of this country one red cent.......

Yet we have someone on the campfire who evidently thinks so, then at the same time, doesn't seem to have a problem with the high number of welfare abusers in this nation...guys who most have not only ever served, they don't even have a desire to get off their asssses and take care of their own personal lives...when they can have the taxpayers do it for free...

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
My grandfather's 92nd birthday today. He fought for us, US Army, WWII. He's still with us. smile Happy Birthday Grandpa Bud.

Camp is where you make it.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
TZ:

Happy Birthday to your GrandDad... and give him a salute of respect, from ALL of we Campfire Veterans and thank him for his service...( Hopefully I can assume I am speaking for all of we vets...)

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'll do so. Thanks.

Camp is where you make it.
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
And still, crickets. You coward.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
First of all, let me say that I am not a vet. That being said, I have the utmost respect for those who have served. I have no doubt that I am a free man today because of your sacrifices.

I had SBH on Ignore and couldn't remember why till I opened his rants here. Turds like you belittling our vets make me want to puke. You should be ashamed of your self.

As for these lavish benefits that he says are heaped on the vets, that's hogwash. I'm an optician in the Twin Cites and we have a large VA facility here in town. I routinely hear about our vets waiting MONTHS to get in to see a doctor. These are the men and women who put themselves in harms way to protect our freedoms. They signed on the dotted line in BLOOD.

SBH makes it sound like the vets live lavishly as we shovel money their way. It doesn't take an Einstein to figure out this isn't the case. Heck, I'd bet even Maser could figure this out. Dad served in Africa and Europe. He was infantry under General Patton. Pretty much wherever Patton was, Dad was there. He went to his grave with a piece of German shrapnel lodged against his spine, and the gouging scar caused when a Messerschmidt straffes your position. Dad worked as a carpenter after the war, and had frequent bouts of severe back pain, courtesy of the Wermacht. What was worse were the constant nightmares. Mom and Dad's bedroom was next to mine, and I'd here him calling out in his labored sleep. Calling to his squad. Calling in artillery coordinates, troop movement commands. All fell on deaf ears, as most of these men died in action. Dad went to his grave troubled by what he experienced, what he lived through. There's a lot of stories similar to Dads. How much more sacrifice could we have asked of these men? SBH has no idea of the kind of suffering these men have endured, both during their time in service, and afterwards as they just tried to feel normal again. Today they call it Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome. Back then they just called it "dealing with it."

Paying any vets benefits is a check I will gladly write. I can never claim to know what they went through, but I can darn sure make sure they have the support they need, in return for the sacrifices they made.

I always feel like "thanks for your service" rings a little hollow in light of the sacrifices the vets have made, but I will continue to appreciate each and every vet I get a chance to meet. Rest assured that there are many who really do appreciate what you've done.

As for SBH-nice to live in a place where you can shoot your mouth off as you please, ain't it? You'd best be thanking a vet for that luxury you spineless little turd.

Last edited by gophergunner; 01/22/14.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by tzone
My grandfather's 92nd birthday today. He fought for us, US Army, WWII. He's still with us. smile Happy Birthday Grandpa Bud.

Shake his hand for me...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jealous you've still got 'em Tom. Sure do wish him and my dad could have swapped some stories. Please be sure to let him know there's a whole bunch of crazy rednecks here who really appreciate what he did for us.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A lot of us, many here, just did what needed doing. Not looking for any kudo's, just part of growing up. Even though many never got the chance!

They are forever young in our minds.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by vabeachman
Chris Darnell
4801 S. Dory Trail
Flagstaff, Arizona 86005

Is this you, Mister City Government Worker?

VA, Thank You!!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
SBH I was ready to unload on your sorry carcass pages ago but seeing as how my Camp Fire brethren have taken up the task I'll just leave you to the pathetic little world of self inflicted stupidity where you reside.

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem
SBH I was ready to unload on your sorry carcass pages ago but seeing as how my Camp Fire brethren have taken up the task I'll just leave you to the pathetic little world of self inflicted stupidity where you reside.

I just wonder if he is one of these Gus types with no self control?

Originally Posted by tzone

I would consider it an honor if you would shake his hand for me and express my undying gratitude for the sacrifices he made on my behalf.

And Thank You to all who fought to ensure the freedoms my worthless ass enjoys every day.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
12344 Mag....

Look in the mirror... If you don't see SBH ( Sorryassed ButtHead?) looking back at you... then I humbly submit...

You are NOT a WORTHLESS ASS.. nor do you have one....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yep great benefits for nothing.....ive lost 3 uncles that died a miserable, slow death from chemicals their government dropped on them.....have loads of friends and family recieve that "wonderful" free to them health care you speak of......most would prefer to doctor in the private sector out of their own pockets when given the chance cause thier "free health care" is often substandard due to lack of funding.....

yep an absolute wonderful benifit package all for signing your life away to be cannon fodder or a medical guinea pig aswell in the case of 3 of my uncles at some politicians whim.....

those that have served, thank you for doing what i, physically, couldnt due to my knees

Last edited by rattler; 01/22/14.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by T LEE
Sgt Clarence Meyers, survivor of both the Hurtgen Forest and the battle of the Bulge. My Uncle and fondly remembered.

[Linked Image]

What division was he in? My uncle used to talk about the Hurtgen Forest quite a bit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
GOOD MEN need not feel guilty over not serving due to elements far beyond anyone's control,nor for fulfilling genuinely vital jobs. Most of us who did go have had pretty good lives by most standards. Some of us have retreated into ourselves. Politicians posture, cowards bluster. Scumbags snivel and whine.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

513 members (12344mag, 22250rem, 270cowboy, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 49 invisible), 1,691 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,127
Posts18,523,086
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.