Home
Posted By: FlyboyFlem I fought for you. - 01/22/14
Got this from my old AF buddy pretty hard to keep dry eyes.Thanks Chipp.

[video:youtube]chttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgYLr_LfhLo[/video]
Posted By: weaselsRus Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
Thanks, Woody.
Posted By: derby_dude Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
If we want to regain our freedom and destroy an enemy than we and our military needs to march on Washington and destroy the dragon within.
Posted By: T LEE Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
Damn allergies!

Thanks Woody.
Posted By: Godogs57 Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
Saw that patch on the gentleman's sleeve: "Veteran's of the Battle of The Bulge"....wish I had one of those for my dad...he was there.

Thanks for posting! Thanks dad for fighting for me and everyone else. RIP HDH, 75th Infantry Division....
Posted By: StripBuckHunter Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
Wait here just one minute. I've paid for you. Doesn't this count for anything? Why is this never mentioned in these types of threads? Why can't you deliver to me......your customer.........what I've paid for without bitching and trying to make me feel guilty and somehow lacking in support of you (or was it me?).

I've paid for your lifetime healthcare........including medication copays.......which you've never seen.

I've paid for your on-the-job training.

I've paid for your neverending job security......which few other Americans have.

I've paid for your uniforms and gear.

I've paid for you to have state-of-the-art fighting and safety equipment....in order to protect YOU (or was it me?).

I've paid for your outrageous pension, too.

Please answer.

Sgt Clarence Meyers, survivor of both the Hurtgen Forest and the battle of the Bulge. My Uncle and fondly remembered.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 4xbear Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
Can't see right now.
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
Thanks,Woody.

and thanks, ALL who've served.

GTC
Also, I've paid for your GI Bill stuff.

Same goes for VA hospital treatment(s).

Originally Posted by T LEE
Sgt Clarence Meyers, survivor of both the Hurtgen Forest and the battle of the Bulge. My Uncle and fondly remembered.

[Linked Image]

Competent and capable lookin' Hombre there, Terry.

Posted By: FlyboyFlem Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
Originally Posted by derby_dude
If we want to regain our freedom and destroy an enemy than we and our military needs to march on Washington and destroy the dragon within.

Yep that'll work will you be leading the charge?
Posted By: RS308MX Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
Thanks for the video Woody. More importantly, thank you for fighting for me. Thank you all.

Bob
Posted By: raybass Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
They were men. Men to look up to. My grandfather fought for us, I don't ever remember him bitching about it either. wink
Posted By: 12344mag Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
Thanks Woody!
Posted By: MGunns Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
Must be damn cat hair in my eyes.

Semper Fi!
Posted By: ingwe Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
T Lees post got me to thinking'

SSG Frank Brownlee 69th Infantry Combat Engineers

Fought at the Bridge at Remagen,one of the liberators of Buchenwald, and met up with the Russians at the River Elbe on V-E day�

[Linked Image]

A kind and gentle man who should never have seen the horrors he did�.

....one has to wonder about the fate of "Bamboozle" #s I, II, and III, and their crews.

No easy ride, that.

GTC
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
To all those who have been down range...God Bless you, and thank you
Originally Posted by gitem_12

That's not enough. They want something more......just by the fact that they post this stuff here.......continually. What is it that they want?

Posted By: Certifiable Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
T lee and ingwe...those are great pics to be treasured, as I'm sure they are.
Posted By: CaliRN Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
Watched that video at my desk at work, tears going down my
face.
Originally Posted by StripBuckHunter

That's not enough. They want something more......just by the fact that they post this stuff here.......continually. What is it that they want?

They want inbred turds like you to realize the actual cost those men and countless others have given, and continue to give. Those men will never get all they deserve. But I will dn sure thank them every chance I get.
Posted By: Certifiable Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
DFTT
Posted By: jnyork Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
Thanks, Woody, great post.
Posted By: T_Inman Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
Wait here just one minute. I've paid for you. Doesn't this count for anything? Why is this never mentioned in these types of threads? Why can't you deliver to me......your customer.........what I've paid for without bitching and trying to make me feel guilty and somehow lacking in support of you (or was it me?).

I've paid for your lifetime healthcare........including medication copays.......which you've never seen.

I've paid for your neverending job security......which few other Americans have.

I've paid for you to have state-of-the-art fighting and safety equipment....in order to protect YOU (or was it me?).

Please answer.

[bleep] you queer

I paid (and still do) for my own lifetime healthcare, I paid for my OJT, job security, all my own uniforms, the equipment I used and my disability (in lieu of pension).

You think the conus military doesn't get the living hell taxed out of them?
Posted By: the_shootist Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
They want inbred turds like you to realize the actual cost those men and countless others have given, and continue to give. Those men will never get all they deserve. But I will dn sure thank them every chance I get.

I'm glad it was an American that put this turd in his place, cause I was all stoked up for the job, and I ain't even American. Had lots of uncles in WWII, though, and we can never repay the debt we owe them. Thanks to all the men and women who served from north and south of the 49th parallel.
Originally Posted by the_shootist

I'm glad it was an American that put this turd in his place, cause I was all stoked up for the job, and I ain't even American. Had lots of uncles in WWII, though, and we can never repay the debt we owe them. Thanks to all the men and women who served from north and south of the 49th parallel.

Dang thought I was gonna hear a preacher cuss! grin

So, may we substitute a thank you on this forum in exchange for allllll of the things I listed......and call it good? Or are you asking for more than that? I'm unclear.

And just when does the customer/taxpayer get a say in what he is paying for and just what the desired services cost is?
Posted By: jimy Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
Most of them fought for the things that your handicap prevents you from doing, they gave so those of you unable to protect them selves are safe, they gave so people like you can and do exist.
Posted By: Apparition Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14

So, may we substitute a thank you on this forum in exchange for allllll of the things I listed......and call it good? Or are you asking for more than that? I'm unclear.

And just when does the customer/taxpayer get a say in what he is paying for and just what the desired services cost is?
If you think its such a good freaking deal, why dont you cowboy the hell up, take the oath, make it thru boot camp and head over to Afghanistan, spend a year or two in combat watching your buddies die. Then come back and tell us all how your getting over on us!!
Originally Posted by jimy
Most of them fought for the things that your handicap prevents you from doing, they gave so those of you unable to protect them selves are safe, they gave so people like you can and do exist.

I'm not talking about fighting dickweed..........I'm talking about receiving. Alllllll those outrageous benes and all. It's twisted considering what is provided.

Since when do the payers get less benes for their work than those being payed? That's just fawked and UnAmerican. When does it all end?

Easiest 'ignore' yet�

GFY
Posted By: FOsteology Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
It is those veterans from the past and those who will come forward next that allow you to be free. Without us, you don't get to continue armchair quarterbacking while giving nothing back to your country. You're welcome.

Apparently you have no idea what personal sacrifice for the good of the country is, nor reading previous post of yours would I expect you begin to care.

You serve you, we (veterans) served our country so people like you can have the opportunity to be a self serving ingrate who thinks you have the experience or the understanding to judge them and what they "deserve".

You are a sheep, Veterans are the sheep dogs, without them you bah bah bah all you want but when the wolves come you lose everything you worked so "hard" for. Try showing some respect and maybe just a grain of gratitude someday, it will make you a much better person.

Since when do the payers get less benes for their work than those being payed? That's just fawked and UnAmerican. When does it all end?

When you acquire a taste for gun metal.
Same chit, over, and over, and over,.....

from this whiny, obnoxious, and demented little StripBuckHunter prick

Ref:

Link: http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/7767684/1

I'm not talking about fighting dickweed..........I'm talking about receiving. Alllllll those outrageous benes and all. It's twisted considering what is provided.

You can't be this dumb. Have you ever talked to anyone who uses the VA medical system ? Furthermore it's your constitutional duty as an American to raise and support The military. That includes medical care and equipment. If you don't like it. You are free to move to France
Originally Posted by ingwe

Easiest 'ignore' yet�

GFY

We taxpayers have given you all MUCHO. No kidding!

Please list here what more you want from us now. Also, please give us a deadline on when your requests might end.
I just DID list what I want from you, only one thing..

GFY

Veterams cannhave anything they want from me... They have earned it

Easiest 'ignore' yet�

GFY

Please list here what more you want from us now. Also, please give us a deadline on when your requests might end.
Posted By: vabeachman Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
Great Video. Great Americans. Thanks for posting.
I just DID list what I want from you, only one thing..

GFY

Does this mean that I can cut you all off now?

Wooooow.......what a joy......my taxes were just halved.......

Easiest 'ignore' yet�

GFY

Vets can have whatever they want from me. They have earned it
+1
Posted By: EvilTwin Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
Sounds like one of the piss ants that threw cups of dogpiss at us in SEA TAC has resurfaced.
Posted By: TakeEm Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14

Those things are EARNED, not given away. I somehow doubt you will grasp that concept.

GFY indeed.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14

A lot of good men and women had their lives changed or taken just so you could come on here and bad mouth us. Do you think you would get these privileges if Germany and Japan had won? Do you think you can get on the internet and bad mouth the country and it's veterans if you lived in a country like China or Iran?

Consider yourself lucky you were born and raised in America and people before you and after you are willing to take chances with their lives and futures just so you can talk crap about those who did serve. You are a lucky guy. You shouldn't forget it and how you got it. kwg
The sad part of all of this is, with money we can help the poor, doctors can cure the sick & the ill, we even have carpenters that can shelter the homeless.

But nothing in this world can fix, what this mans mother has created.
Posted By: acooper1983 Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14

Go get [bleep] you commie piece of dogshit. I hope you get your throat cut.
Originally Posted by kwg020

A lot of good men and women had their lives changed or taken just so you could come on here and bad mouth us. Do you think you would get these privileges if Germany and Japan had won? Do you think you can get on the internet and bad mouth the country and it's veterans if you lived in a country like China or Iran?

Consider yourself lucky you were born and raised in America and people before you and after you are willing to take chances with their lives and futures just so you can talk crap about those who did serve. You are a lucky guy. You shouldn't forget it and how you got it. kwg

Civil war vets didn't get much of the things on my list. At all. This was a war of passion and beliefs.

Neither did WWII draftees and their spouses who had to up and move and work in a factory someplace else. This was another war of passion and beliefs and true Americanism. A classic one.

Neither did Viet Nam draftees.

But present military personnel get salary and benefits that are second to none.......even more than the present private sector............cuz they whine and snivel and live off of the prior experiences and successes of USA military. They want a patting on the back for the things their forefathers did for patriotic reasons. They ain't gonna earn sheet as long as it is given to 'em. This is all exhibited right here, right now, on this thread. The entitlement syndrome in America isn't just limited to Dem's and minorities.

I'm tired of paying for this maniacal stuff.
Posted By: navlav8r Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14

Please answer.

Yes, monetarily, you paid for my health care but it's not my fault that that was part of my CONTRACT with the USN as was my pension.

My OJT (flight training) cost quite a bit but because went to flight school my contract was EXTENDED from 4 1/2 years to 6 1/2 years AND I didn't bitch to you or anyone else about it.

Job security.......Yep, as long as you SURVIVE and keep doing your job well which includes deployments of months and with today's optempo a year or more away from home. I figure in 21 years of active duty, I spent about a third of it away from home, wife and kids. How many birthdays, anniversaries, ball games, dance recitals, holidays have you missed?

Uniforms and gear....sorry pal, as an officer I get to pay for all my uniforms. Flight gear? Yeah, the taxpayer paid for that and also for all the A/C I flew and the fuel.

Protecting you or me? Well, the way I look at it, If I protect myself and do my job too, it's protecting YOU!

Pension? Yeah, it's pretty nice to have but I'll bet you don't even know how it's calculated.

By the way, the whole time I was on active duty, I was paying Federal and state income taxes JUST LIKE YOU and I have to pay taxes on my retirement pay too. As they say in Top Gun, there's no such thing as a free lunch.

How many times have you been scared witless just trying to get home at night? Oh, I'm sorry, you haven't landed on a pitching deck in bad weather have you? Go to You Tube and search "pitching deck operations" and watch but that'll only show what it looks like from an observer's point of view.

I don't care if you thank me or any of the other vets here or elsewhere for our service, but as long as you don't downplay or ridicule what's been done for you, I'm alright with it.

Posted By: calikooknic Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
I see your on the bottle again. Got any telephone poles to splinter up for us instead of running your suck?

StripBuckHunter, Indian name, Whuddadrunkfuker.
Originally Posted by calikooknic
I see your on the bottle again. Got any telephone poles to splinter up for us instead of running your suck?

Howdy Tonight Kook,

No hooch or Percocet here....as always......already told you this. I might be open to trying all the above.......tho.......after this one.

I'm depending on ya partner........to answer my questions here tonite. Nobody else has nor has the sack to. They just dance around 'em. Can you help out here?
I have taken care of many WWII vets and Vietnam Era vets in Naval Hospitals. If they have done the time, they get the benefits. Actually the benefit package has changed and has become worse generally. You really need to keep your mouth shut about things you know nothing about.
Originally Posted by vabeachman
I have taken care of many WWII vets and Vietnam Era vets in Naval Hospitals. If they have done the time, they get the benefits. Actually the benefit package has changed and has become worse generally. You really need to keep your mouth shut about things you know nothing about.

Classic self-centered gov't worker me-me-me response. Thanks for this one, VB.
Chris Darnell
4801 S. Dory Trail
Flagstaff, Arizona 86005

Is this you, Mister City Government Worker?
Posted By: achadwick Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
Crickets...
Posted By: the_shootist Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
Take a flying run up your left leg and disappear!
Posted By: calikooknic Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
Originally Posted by calikooknic

Howdy Tonight Kook,

No hooch or Percocet here....as always......already told you this. I might be open to trying all the above.......tho.......after this one.

I'm depending on ya partner........to answer my questions here tonite. Nobody else has nor has the sack to. They just dance around 'em. Can you help out here?

Only sack here is you, and a damn sad one at that. Pizz off.
Posted By: achadwick Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
Chris Darnell
4801 S. Dory Trail
Flagstaff, Arizona 86005

He was all full of piss and vinegar posting about every ~5 minutes or so until this post hit. Now just crickets. It is true that when the light turns on, the cockroaches go running.

Laffin!
Posted By: RAS Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
SBH reminds me of the type that washed out of the military because he couldn't hack it, now he is mad at the system. Spending one week in AFG would change that tune right quick. I can tell you for FACT that today's military people ARE NOT in it for the money. ESPECIALLY after their first contract. It's the people, service and camaraderie that keeps them going longer. It makes them sad when they have to get out, retire,....or get injured and have to leave.

I am on 17 years now and I think about all the family events that I missed and it does sometimes get me down. However, when I consider all the experiences, there is no way that I could ever replace that. The incredible things that I have seen and done. The people I have met. The missions. It was a life worth living and I feel blessed to have done it for my country.

Less than 1% of our population is on the active duty role now. That's not much. Hence, most of us know people who have lost their lives in combat. We know their families as well. We see and live the total devastation of losing a 30 yr old father, leaving behind a wife and three children to put it all back together. And guess what? Our families see that devastation too. Then our families see us go off 'again' and we tell them that it wont be us this time around. Yeah, that works real well.

But its all worth it. Because I get GI Bill benefits.

SBH, you are a shell of a man. Thanks for helping me remember the ignore feature.
Thanks for your service. It is much appreciated. Something wrong with that SBH guy.
Posted By: CharlieFoxtrot Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
Gentlemen:

A favor if you please. I have had this bottom feeder on ignore for quite some time now. However, every time you quote him, I have to read his drivel. Please, if you respond to his trolling, I ask that you NOT quote him. Thank you.

Steve

p.s. Good video.
Posted By: Seafire Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14

Please answer.

Here's your answer....

[Linked Image]

That is an American Cemetery above Omaha Beach in Normandy...

Sure you've never been there....

This is the resting place of guys who gave their lives so that folks like you can get on your soap box and wear out your first amendment rights, while making a jackass out of yourselves...

Every guy in this cemetery is there because he was killed in combat, fighting to preserve the freedoms you take for granted and abuse when it fits your needs...

This isn't Arlington Cemetery where there are guys buried after they died, having a long life...

There are many cemeteries just like this around the world...
and also many full of those veterans around our nation...

They paid much more than any one of your kind has ever paid...and in return you take it for granted....

I know these guys can no longer speak, to give you the answer to your questions.. but I can say with a lot of confidence it would be somewhere between STFU... GFY....or EATSHIT&DIE

Please enjoy your evening and have a better day tomorrow than you evidently had today...

best regards.....
From a Veteran of the Army Medical Corp.
and thanks for all the bed pans you supplied us with... believe me, we put them to good use to catch and get rid of tons of Schitt.....like thisf for instance...

VAB...

Thanks for your service from a fellow Corpman.. Army Edition..

Guys like you and I are in the honored position to have been able to meet, talk and take care of a lot of our veterans...

Those that have not had that luck, really haven't been blessed like we were.....

I have never seen a guy in a military hospital bed, as currently active or a veteran that was ripping off the tax payers of this country one red cent.......

Yet we have someone on the campfire who evidently thinks so, then at the same time, doesn't seem to have a problem with the high number of welfare abusers in this nation...guys who most have not only ever served, they don't even have a desire to get off their asssses and take care of their own personal lives...when they can have the taxpayers do it for free...
Posted By: tzone Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
My grandfather's 92nd birthday today. He fought for us, US Army, WWII. He's still with us. smile Happy Birthday Grandpa Bud.
TZ:

Happy Birthday to your GrandDad... and give him a salute of respect, from ALL of we Campfire Veterans and thank him for his service...( Hopefully I can assume I am speaking for all of we vets...)
Posted By: tzone Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
I'll do so. Thanks.
Posted By: pabucktail Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
And still, crickets. You coward.
Posted By: gophergunner Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
First of all, let me say that I am not a vet. That being said, I have the utmost respect for those who have served. I have no doubt that I am a free man today because of your sacrifices.

I had SBH on Ignore and couldn't remember why till I opened his rants here. Turds like you belittling our vets make me want to puke. You should be ashamed of your self.

As for these lavish benefits that he says are heaped on the vets, that's hogwash. I'm an optician in the Twin Cites and we have a large VA facility here in town. I routinely hear about our vets waiting MONTHS to get in to see a doctor. These are the men and women who put themselves in harms way to protect our freedoms. They signed on the dotted line in BLOOD.

SBH makes it sound like the vets live lavishly as we shovel money their way. It doesn't take an Einstein to figure out this isn't the case. Heck, I'd bet even Maser could figure this out. Dad served in Africa and Europe. He was infantry under General Patton. Pretty much wherever Patton was, Dad was there. He went to his grave with a piece of German shrapnel lodged against his spine, and the gouging scar caused when a Messerschmidt straffes your position. Dad worked as a carpenter after the war, and had frequent bouts of severe back pain, courtesy of the Wermacht. What was worse were the constant nightmares. Mom and Dad's bedroom was next to mine, and I'd here him calling out in his labored sleep. Calling to his squad. Calling in artillery coordinates, troop movement commands. All fell on deaf ears, as most of these men died in action. Dad went to his grave troubled by what he experienced, what he lived through. There's a lot of stories similar to Dads. How much more sacrifice could we have asked of these men? SBH has no idea of the kind of suffering these men have endured, both during their time in service, and afterwards as they just tried to feel normal again. Today they call it Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome. Back then they just called it "dealing with it."

Paying any vets benefits is a check I will gladly write. I can never claim to know what they went through, but I can darn sure make sure they have the support they need, in return for the sacrifices they made.

I always feel like "thanks for your service" rings a little hollow in light of the sacrifices the vets have made, but I will continue to appreciate each and every vet I get a chance to meet. Rest assured that there are many who really do appreciate what you've done.

As for SBH-nice to live in a place where you can shoot your mouth off as you please, ain't it? You'd best be thanking a vet for that luxury you spineless little turd.
Originally Posted by tzone
My grandfather's 92nd birthday today. He fought for us, US Army, WWII. He's still with us. smile Happy Birthday Grandpa Bud.

Shake his hand for me...
Posted By: gophergunner Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
Jealous you've still got 'em Tom. Sure do wish him and my dad could have swapped some stories. Please be sure to let him know there's a whole bunch of crazy rednecks here who really appreciate what he did for us.
A lot of us, many here, just did what needed doing. Not looking for any kudo's, just part of growing up. Even though many never got the chance!

They are forever young in our minds.
Posted By: Apparition Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
Chris Darnell
4801 S. Dory Trail
Flagstaff, Arizona 86005

VA, Thank You!!
SBH I was ready to unload on your sorry carcass pages ago but seeing as how my Camp Fire brethren have taken up the task I'll just leave you to the pathetic little world of self inflicted stupidity where you reside.

Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem
SBH I was ready to unload on your sorry carcass pages ago but seeing as how my Camp Fire brethren have taken up the task I'll just leave you to the pathetic little world of self inflicted stupidity where you reside.

I just wonder if he is one of these Gus types with no self control?

I would consider it an honor if you would shake his hand for me and express my undying gratitude for the sacrifices he made on my behalf.

And Thank You to all who fought to ensure the freedoms my worthless ass enjoys every day.
12344 Mag....

Look in the mirror... If you don't see SBH ( Sorryassed ButtHead?) looking back at you... then I humbly submit...

You are NOT a WORTHLESS ASS.. nor do you have one....
Posted By: rattler Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
yep great benefits for nothing.....ive lost 3 uncles that died a miserable, slow death from chemicals their government dropped on them.....have loads of friends and family recieve that "wonderful" free to them health care you speak of......most would prefer to doctor in the private sector out of their own pockets when given the chance cause thier "free health care" is often substandard due to lack of funding.....

yep an absolute wonderful benifit package all for signing your life away to be cannon fodder or a medical guinea pig aswell in the case of 3 of my uncles at some politicians whim.....

those that have served, thank you for doing what i, physically, couldnt due to my knees
Posted By: Pat85 Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14

[Linked Image]

What division was he in? My uncle used to talk about the Hurtgen Forest quite a bit.
GOOD MEN need not feel guilty over not serving due to elements far beyond anyone's control,nor for fulfilling genuinely vital jobs. Most of us who did go have had pretty good lives by most standards. Some of us have retreated into ourselves. Politicians posture, cowards bluster. Scumbags snivel and whine.
Posted By: g5m Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
Thank you for posting, Woody.

On another thread I believe it was mentioned that less than 1/2 of 1% of young men have served in our recent wars. No wonder people don't understand.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
SBH was probaly still living down a hangover from partying on his long weekend. hopefully he's not that stupid.

he asked when is it enough, I say never.

Reminded of that a few weeks ago when a young kid in our town of 2500 was laid to rest. I didn't know him, but in a small town like that you know someone that knew him. So SBH what you do tell his mom about all these great things you've given him?

Dave
Posted By: pod Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
my heroes: my brother jim D day invasion and made it thru the bulge. my cousin huck died on Anzio my brother charley a tour in korea and 3 tours in nam.my wives brother ww2 korea nam. my wives father ww1 ww2 korea. my wives 5 brothers all served in ww2 my father ww1. his brother gased in ww1 and served in the Mexican war I hate like hell to think we gave all this and then some for naught. for those who don't appreciate this type of patriotism GO f--- yourself[ I also served and proud of it]
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
Thanks to all the great, true heros who gave more than can ever be compensated.

And a pox on the cowardly twit, who is so self-absorbed he can't understand that.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
Thanks for this Woody.that idiot troll just by the questions asked, has no clue...
Posted By: fester Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14

I wish I could have seen my son being born. Oh well.

Easiest 'ignore' yet�

GFY

Posted By: fester Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
I wish I could have seen my son being born. Oh well.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
He's probably gone from this thread, but allow me to clarify some of the "benefits" he has bought us.

There's the benefit of never choosing where we live.

There's the benefit of not choosing the job we'll do.

There's the benefit of being away from our loved ones most of the time.

There's the benefit of our kids being afraid of the stranger who shows up at long intervals.

There's the benefit of living on a salary low enough to get food stamps.

There's the benefit of being assigned a doctor who wasn't good enough to have a civilian practice.

And then there's the benefit of knowing all that gear your life depends on was supplied by the lowest bidder - because greedy, selfish bastids like SBH do nothing but bitch and moan about how much they pay for it.

So if he wants thanks for all those "benefits" then I say Thanks...

...a whole phuqing bunch.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
Just another Bristoe Redux to name one of many here on the Fire. SA Charlie's another POS with similar views.
I'd kinda' forgotten about you (certainly not difficult, in a world AWASH with demented flakes)

You were going to come (Uninvited,) visit, " camp in my yard ", ....last I heard.

So,........What's up with that, Chris ? whistle

Chris Darnell
4801 S. Dory Trail
Flagstaff, Arizona 86005

Crickets indeed, you scum sucking bilge rat.

GTC
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
GOOD MEN need not feel guilty over not serving due to elements far beyond anyone's control,nor for fulfilling genuinely vital jobs. Most of us who did go have had pretty good lives by most standards. Some of us have retreated into ourselves. Politicians posture, cowards bluster. Scumbags snivel and whine.

Well said Jim..
Posted By: tjm10025 Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14

This man fought for me before I was born. And everybody else here, too.

[Linked Image]

He came back from the Pacific a troubled man, but with his humanity mostly intact. He went to school on the GI Bill, but so far as I can tell, he didn't take much of anything else in tax-payer benefits. By the time I was old enough to know anything, his medical costs were being covered by private insurance through his employer.

He didn't complain about what he'd done, or what he saw, or the comrades he'd lost, or about any of the people who tried to kill him, either deliberately or accidentally.

He never complained about the ingrates and free-riders - some of whom have been named here - who thought he was an indoctrinated sap for volunteering to go to war.

He sucked it up and carried it all inside him, to varying degrees of success for more than a half-century, and at the end of his days, he had about 20 years of sobriety under his belt, his 55-year marriage was still intact. And all his children loved him.

Posted By: Huntz Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14

Easiest 'ignore' yet�

GFY

For starters why do you not do the honorable thing Jap style.
Posted By: hatari Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
Originally Posted by Seafire

I've paid for your lifetime healthcare........Including medication copays.......Which you've never seen.

I've paid for your never-ending job security......which few other Americans have.

I've paid for you to have state-of-the-art fighting and safety equipment....In order to protect YOU (or was it me?).

Please answer.

Here's your answer....

[Linked Image]

That is an American Cemetery above Omaha Beach in Normandy...

Sure you've never been there....

I can answer Dillweed.

Blood is expensive. Hard to care for the dead, but we can for the survivors.

Thanks to all Vets. I've never bitched about what we pay to support our Vets.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
I'd kinda' forgotten about you (certainly not difficult, in a world AWASH with demented flakes)

You were going to come (Uninvited,) visit, " camp in my yard ", ....last I heard.

So,........What's up with that, Chris ? whistle

Chris Darnell
4801 S. Dory Trail
Flagstaff, Arizona 86005

Crickets indeed, you scum sucking bilge rat.

GTC

the one thing i wish he would do is remove from location the fact he is in northern arizona, that truely is offensive.
I'd haveta' say he'd look good in the Marianas TRENCH, myself.

GTC
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
my apologies to our vets here that have fought and lost comrades so that every one of us could exercise our right to free speech.

And yes I spose that includes idiots like Chris Darnel, but we're also free to respond to him as some of you have so appropriately.

I too resent how much I pay in taxes, but funny I resent the other half of my taxes more than I do the part that pays for our national defense.

when I've seen our fighter jets fly over and feel the hairs on me stand on end, I try and tell myself that's what my tax dollars go for.

I've plenty of contempt for those that are at the far end of the handle and wield the spear, (read politicians) I think they often are not worthy of holding our valuable national resource that represents the tip of the spear.

but I have only respect and admiration and a deep sense of gratitude for those in our country both past and present that make up the head of the spear. Both those in combat that represent the very tip and those that support their efforts by making the body of the spear head.

I'm just one of those guys on the handle that support via tax dollars your efforts to protect and defend our nation, I'm proud to do so.

There's some chit on that spear handle as well, so sorry you had to hear from one of them on this otherwise great thread.

Thanks for your post Woody and thank you and God bless to all those that have ever been willing to stand in harms way for the rest of us, whether we be deserving of your sacrifices or not.

Posted By: Dave_in_WV Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14

Please answer.

Item #2 - I don't think I could repair aircraft without training but you may have more confidence in me than the USAF. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't know how to be a flight engineer without training. As for civilian training you paid nothing, zilch, nada.
#3- false There's no guaranteed job security even in the military.
#4- false. I paid for my uniform initial issue and was given a monthly allotment for uniform maintenance. I paid for my uniforms.
#5- would sub-standard been better?
#6- thanks for my outrageous pension I waited until age 60 to get along with healthcare. I'm not getting any VA assistance even though some health problems are due to military service. If my pension and health benefits piss you off that's your decision. Service members that get no retirement benefits of VA assistance for service related injuries or health problems get nothing. Not everyone volunteered to serve.

I enlisted in 1972 and served protecting people that thought I was a SOB for doing so. I retired being called a hero by some but still know I'm the same SOB I was in 1972. Whether you respect me or hate me makes no difference to me.
nor do you have one....

Thank you Seafire......But have you seen the extended butt crack thread?? grin
Chris Darnell
4801 S. Dory Trail
Flagstaff, Arizona 86005

This got me thinking...

Strictly a hypothetical question here...

But is it that we potentially have a AFSCME Union member here, complaining about the governmental "benefits" ( as he puts it ) that our veterans and military get, all the while hoping no one will notice or think about all the Benefits he milks out of the taxpayers being an AFSCME Union Member?

again, just a hypothetical question... whistle
Originally Posted by 12344mag
nor do you have one....

Thank you Seafire......But have you seen the extended butt crack thread?? grin

naw, I gotta admit in public, the title didn't exactly have the pazzaz that would usually attract my attention... grin
Posted By: Batchief909 Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
Chris Darnell
4801 S. Dory Trail
Flagstaff, Arizona 86005

I'm a 32 year career firefighter AND a Vet. Thanks for this info.... cool
Posted By: pod Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
stripbuckhunter:
I wear the same wings as dave in w,v,they didn't come free or without paying a price to have the privilege to wear them and serve. that was my choice of direction and you wouldn't understand the obligation many feel as a payback to the privilege of living in this place I call home. I was taught I had an obligation to give something back. all males in my family served that being my dad and his three sons [all combat vets] you are free to vent your personal negative views towards us because over the decades the vet stood tall without reservation and put his safety and well being aside for what you now enjoy. I drag a leg around a crippled hand and carry multiple other wounds with me every day but it was a small price for 6 decades of freedom and peace of mind. I only mention these facts at this juncture in my life because after over 60 years of listening to ass holes like you and keeping silent. I figure this may be my only shot at finally telling the likes of you off. there is more of us than you thank god. [ I feel better now should have vented years ago]GOD BLESS AMERICA]

Sure if people were really interested in restoring freedom but most people care more about the government tit than freedom. Besides the huge number of low information voters on the Fire convinces me it's not worth it.

You can't be this dumb. Have you ever talked to anyone who uses the VA medical system ? Furthermore it's your constitutional duty as an American to raise and support The military. That includes medical care and equipment. If you don't like it. You are free to move to France

Where in the Constitution does it say that???????
Posted By: tjm10025 Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14

Sure if people were really interested in restoring freedom ...

You'll be leading from the rear, then?
Originally Posted by Pat85

[Linked Image]

What division was he in? My uncle used to talk about the Hurtgen Forest quite a bit.

I don't have any of the details anymore and I flat don't remember. Charley wiped out a lot of my memories and unfortunately my memory ain't so good anymore either.
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Sure if people were really interested in restoring freedom ...

You'll be leading from the rear, then?

Absolutely, I'm not stupid.
I would like to thank everybody for my lack of freedom. Since all of you have been fighting and dying for my freedom I have lost more and more of it. The amount of freedom that has been lost in the last 60 is more than can be documented on a forum.

So please stop fighting and dying for the lack of freedom as we can't afford to lose any more.

[Linked Image]

I don't have any of the details anymore and I flat don't remember. Charley wiped out a lot of my memories and unfortunately my memory ain't so good anymore either.

T, where wuz he from??? The 28th Infantry Division,a National Guard unit from Pa. fought there at Huertgen. It was so hard hit that the red Keystone was called the "Bucket of Blood". 9th ID,4th ID also fought in Huertgen. Factually, we lost that battle.
Posted By: fgold767 Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14

Please shake his hand for me and tell him : "Thank you sir".
Posted By: mikeymjr23 Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
Thank you for posting the video. My living room is full of dust this afternoon.

Also, thank you to all men and women who are/have been there to protect my freedom.

And to you, stripwhateveryournameis...they deserve everything they get from us. What have YOU done to help anyone other than yourself?
Posted By: Idared Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
Many thanks for posting that link. Dad served on Tinian island and when he came home I was a year and a half old. My brother and I were both encouraged by him when it was our turn. Sadly he has been gone for over 15 years now and we both still miss him.

Many thanks to all veterans on the 24hr site. I sincerely appreciate your service past and present.

Perhaps SBH should think about what Eleanor had to say once.

[Linked Image]
I would like to thank everybody for my lack of freedom. Since all of you have been fighting and dying for my freedom I have lost more and more of it. The amount of freedom that has been lost in the last 60 is more than can be documented on a forum.

So please stop fighting and dying for the lack of freedom as we can't afford to lose any more.

More senseless ramblings from the resident Kook..
From IL ET, he was in a tank retriever outfit, that much I do know.
Posted By: zxc Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
[quote=derby_dude]I would like to thank everybody for my lack of freedom. Since all of you have been fighting and dying for my freedom I have lost more and more of it. The amount of freedom that has been lost in the last 60 is more than can be documented on a forum.

More senseless ramblings from the resident Kook.. [/quote

My grandfather (who I never met) and my father were both over seas during WW 1 and 2. My father was in the Air Force, he has been gone 45yrs now and left a wife and 3 children at that time. My mother is 88 yrs old now and still receives that veterans check every month. War is not friendly and has effected our lives for the better and the worst, we reap the 'better' part because of there sacrifices , the worst part is for us to deal with. But, if my father could come back for a look , he would not be happy with the loss of freedoms he enjoyed while alive.
Posted By: mark shubert Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
I don't believe SBH realizes what he would be paying - IF our warriors hadn't given their collective "all" - to protect the freedoms his sorry, little, scrawny, worthless, whiny, a$$ enjoys denigrating.
He's now the second since I've been on the "fire" to make "ignore"
GOOD BYE - scum!

Mark
Posted By: Pat85 Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
Originally Posted by EvilTwin

[Linked Image]

T, where wuz he from??? The 28th Infantry Division,a National Guard unit from Pa. fought there at Huertgen. It was so hard hit that the red Keystone was called the "Bucket of Blood". 9th ID,4th ID also fought in Huertgen. Factually, we lost that battle.

My uncle was there with the 4th ID
Posted By: twofish Re: I fought for you. - 01/22/14
This place is pretty cival and full of a lot of true gentleman.

SBH, if you posted that schit in GD over at AR15.com you would not have been treated or faired so well.

GFY

twofish
Posted By: StripBuckHunter Re: I fought for you. - 01/23/14
Originally Posted by achadwick
Chris Darnell
4801 S. Dory Trail
Flagstaff, Arizona 86005

He was all full of piss and vinegar posting about every ~5 minutes or so until this post hit. Now just crickets. It is true that when the light turns on, the cockroaches go running.

Laffin!

AC,

Revisit your threads Thumper-with-a-Vengeance, when you seemed to brag (oh wait, you did) about your super duper kiddos attending Colorado School of Mines. You posted those to make you look better.....not your rugrats. Difference, dude. You ain't them and consequently can garner no credit. Folks like you will never, ever get this. shocked

Along those same lines.........discrediting and intimidating the poster ALWAYS leads to winning the argument, right? NOT. My info is posted..........where in the world is yours you lifesaver? shocked

As somebody else here mentioned, I got just exactly what I wanted......with no surprise......outta this one. Quite predictable. And quite a few other threads, actually. I just don't think that most of you realize how bad it makes you all look to post the redneck responses that you do.

Posted By: StripBuckHunter Re: I fought for you. - 01/23/14
Originally Posted by pod
stripbuckhunter:
I wear the same wings as dave in w,v,they didn't come free or without paying a price to have the privilege to wear them and serve. that was my choice of direction and you wouldn't understand the obligation many feel as a payback to the privilege of living in this place I call home. I was taught I had an obligation to give something back. all males in my family served that being my dad and his three sons [all combat vets] you are free to vent your personal negative views towards us because over the decades the vet stood tall without reservation and put his safety and well being aside for what you now enjoy. I drag a leg around a crippled hand and carry multiple other wounds with me every day but it was a small price for 6 decades of freedom and peace of mind. I only mention these facts at this juncture in my life because after over 60 years of listening to ass holes like you and keeping silent. I figure this may be my only shot at finally telling the likes of you off. there is more of us than you thank god. [ I feel better now should have vented years ago]GOD BLESS AMERICA]

Howdy Pod,

And I almost don't know how to begin as your message is decent, heartfelt, and credible. The only one here. Congratulations.........you are just what I was looking for.

I get your message, and I understand it. Both my grandads volunteered for WWII, plus my grandad's only brother to boot who both ended up on the same boat in Guadalcanal both weren't supposed to say so cuz of too many family members on one boat syndrome. So......they lied. Both ended back here........alive and TOUGH! Both were tough New Mexico countryboys............and both lived into old age.

My great uncle........same age and such as my two grandad men............was it seems the ultimate badass in WWII. He came back blasted and wounded arms and legs.............and he never said another word. He taught me much after that point.......and never said a word and I saw his scars.

My only dead uncle quit college to volunteer for VietNam and was a helicopter pilot and of course ran across enemy lines at night to pickup. This worked and it also failed. He died in 1972 while serving as a trainer pilot in a Cessna 1972 in southern New Mexico after being discharged from Nam. So much for achievement going to Nam efforts.

My dad did 4 years in the Navy, and his brother did 4 years in the Army.

I didn't serve.
Posted By: pabucktail Re: I fought for you. - 01/23/14
What would they say to your efforts here?
Posted By: rn4j0r Re: I fought for you. - 01/23/14
[quote=pod]stripbuckhunter:

Thank you for your service!
Posted By: Seafire Re: I fought for you. - 01/23/14

I didn't serve.

And therefore lies the biggest problem most of your fellow forum members have with your post....

They, like myself, think you would have a lot different attitude if you had of served, and especially if you served in a combat arms capacity, in a combat zone....

you can have your opinion, no one is denying you that.... but when you express it, and express it with anger and what seems like a chip on your shoulder... you just need to face up to the facts that you can piss a lot of veterans off like that...

especially when it is read by guys who served in Nam and were spit on and had insults thrown at them coming home and just getting off the plane....by people who hadn't served....

you think WE don't "get it".. and we think the same about you...with this opinion... and your post above came across to me like you think you are some sort of victim here...

and I can't speak for the others, just myself... but for myself, I just ain't buying it... not a word of it...

you don't like it, write your congressman & Senator...not post it on the internet.. that wasn't exactly a brilliant move on your part...

so have a better day tomorrow, but remember, many of those before us, fought so that you could have the freedom to abuse your first amendment rights and make a jackassss out of your self...that is your prerogative.. and our response to it is ours...
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: I fought for you. - 01/24/14
I didn't serve.

Oh, I dunno'

I'd venture that you serve ADMIRABLY,

......if serving as a perfect example all that's petty, mean, un-manly, chicken chit, and generally warped in perspective were one's goal,.......You've found your "Niche".

You're getting a LOT more "Respect" from most of the guys here than you'll ever get outta' me.

GTC
Posted By: ExpatFromOK Re: I fought for you. - 01/24/14
My father, Master Sergeant Lloyd A. Powell, 1st Squadron 11th Armored Cavalry Regiment Viet Nam March 1967 Operation Junction City. Dad was recovering after two actions in which he was twice cited for valor and wounded in action. He is also a Korean War vet. The guy with him is an Australian Army corporal.

Expat

[Linked Image]
Posted By: rattler Re: I fought for you. - 01/24/14
not to the same level as some of the guys here but the guy in the tractor is my father in law....he jokes he spent the Korean War in swim trunks cause his job was pulling PBM's in and out of the water in the Philippines and Japan..

[Linked Image]

dad didnt serve during Vietnam cause he had flat feet and unfortunately i dont have any pics of all my uncles that served....my uncle Scott was a navigator for a nuclear sub....my dads brothers were in the Army, Air Force, Navy and Marines.....they pretty well covered the spread laugh
Posted By: gunchamp Re: I fought for you. - 01/24/14

Go [bleep] yourself you pos! Why do you post here? FOAD
Posted By: MontanaMarine Re: I fought for you. - 01/24/14
SBH, You're as full of schitt as a christmas goose, but I'd still defend your RIGHT to say the dumb-azz'd schitt you spew.
My great grandfather, Wade Vanderpool, during WWI. I never met him, and don't know any details about his service other than he went to Europe.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: I fought for you. - 01/24/14
I'm just taking my glance down off of a letter under glass, typed up on some old ribbon typewriter. Letterhead (very plainly) says,
"The Secretary of the Navy". It's signed James Forestall.

......My Dad's Legion of Merit.

He was a quiet hero, and a real leader.

He very truly, and in EVERY sense of the word, FOUGHT for us.

.....growing up with a man like that around,....how LUCKY am I ?

...not to mention Blessed.

GTC

Posted By: LBP Re: I fought for you. - 01/24/14
I served and I'm sorry to say with what the military and country has become I will not encourage my children to serve. I'm ashamed to admit it but that's how I feel.
Posted By: Seafire Re: I fought for you. - 01/24/14
not meant as a personal slam LBP... we all have to make our own decisions and serving your country, you earned the right to say and feel anything you darn well feel...

I however, take the opposite view...we need our youth to serve in uniform who were raised with the traditions we were raised with... I know my son was raised to the beliefs I was raised with, and is a pretty conservative kid, loves his country, believes in it, knows how to be a team player, how to think of others...he was a 4.0 student in high school, is a 3.5+ GPS student in college ( even if it is at the local community college), is an Eagle Scout, is an EMT and belongs to the local Explorer Post sponsored by the Ambulance and Air Ambulance company at the local airport...

He is working toward being a qualified Paramedic and Registered Nurse.. once achieving those accomplishments, he is planning to serve his country....

our military needs foundations like that among their ranks.. regardless of what our liberal politicians are trying to turn it into.. I served under Carter, who was an idiot, even if a veteran, and served under Reagan.. and saw the difference under each...

Democrats in office, won't last forever...and the pendulum will swing back to normalcy, after Obama et al are out of office...

our nation needs young folks in our military who still stand by the foundations this nation was built upon...
Posted By: LBP Re: I fought for you. - 01/24/14
Seafire,

I didn't take it as a slam at all and you make a darn good point. It just disappoints me to no end what has happened to our country and military. I know your argument is right.

Thanks, Les
Posted By: jorgeI Re: I fought for you. - 01/24/14
LBP: I agree with you 100%. There is NO WAY I would encourage my son to join today, NO WAY and I did my thirty...
Avoiding the military isn't going to let anyone avoid American 'culture'. Well, maybe, if you move to the Falkland Islands, or someplace similar.

This is the world your kids will have to learn to navigate, and succeed in.

And for SBH, It isn't the members of our military that make the rules regarding standards, benefits, pay, etc. It all comes down from higher (civilian) authority.
Posted By: bobbyjack Re: I fought for you. - 01/25/14
My uncle Olin was an acoholic that was very good at woodworking and cabinet making,but allways had a bottle of hooch hiding some where . He loved his family but never had enough money to support them and his habit.

We the family allways kicked in to support the family,but never understood what he was really going through his mind.

He was a member of a B17 flight crew and many times had to pull the mangled gutted bloody crewman out of a bubble turrent,just to jump in and take his place at the gun .

I wish I had known then what I know now,I would never have judged him so harshly.

My Great Grandfather searved in the Illinios Volenteers,Grandfather WW1,Father 7th cav WW2,me Korea,brother Viet Nam 2 tours Marines,Daughter Iraq M-88,so our family is all volentiers.
I made 50.00 per Month for most of my three year enlistment,
you want some of that back?

I get free flue shots and high blood pressure meds,that too much to ask?

Bob
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: I fought for you. - 01/25/14
Wait here just one minute. I've paid for you. (snip blah blah blah)

I really can't fathom how someone could be that disconnected and selfish.

I have no idea what your financial sitution is, but odds are I've put more into Uncle Sams till than you. I also never served in the armed forces.

My grandfather was gassed by the Germans in WW I, he survived but died when my father was 4 years old and left a widow with two boys to raise during the depression, He paid.

My uncle was drafted into the Marines during WW II, and you can find his name here http://www.recordsofwar.com/iwo/dead/dead.htm along with 6000 others. He paid.

I would gladly give every penny I had to have had the opportunity to have met either of those great men.

Posted By: StripBuckHunter Re: I fought for you. - 01/25/14
[quote]

un-manly, chicken chit

GTC

And here you are again, Greg, leading the name-calling charge and insults during your priceless moments of dementia. Just who are you, forum addict and drunk?

Post right here, right now, your address and telephone number, just like you keep doing mine you gutless, yellow coward. Do it right here, right now.....or you are a coward for life and everybody knows it. I'm calling you out right here. Nut up or shut up.

Post it here right now...or STFU forever, and go back to nailing the goats in your pen.
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: I fought for you. - 01/25/14
Only do that when communicating with friends, feces breath.
There is an established protocol for "campfire call outs" that seems to gave worked out well.
I'd suggest that we meet under a bridge somewhere,.....you pick one and post a date and time,.....

GTC

Posted By: LBP Re: I fought for you. - 01/25/14
Originally Posted by jorgeI
LBP: I agree with you 100%. There is NO WAY I would encourage my son to join today, NO WAY and I did my thirty...

Its really sad.
Posted By: StripBuckHunter Re: I fought for you. - 01/25/14
Only do that when communicating with friends, feces breath.
There is an established protocol for "campfire call outs" that seems to gave worked out well.
I'd suggest that we meet under a bridge somewhere,.....you pick one and post a date and time,.....

GTC

Uh-huh, just as I suspected you goatfawker. You posted mine without following any such protocol. Also, you're a chickensheet and gutless yellow bastid and a fine one to talk about guts and military.
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: I fought for you. - 01/25/14
We've been re-posting the co-ordinates that YOU put up here, stupid.

I would once again encourage folks to go back and read your CLASSIC, and definitive post about "Government Workers". You pretty much DEFINED yourself there, Chris,......and no amount of your blither, bluster,and bloviation can change that.

GTC

Link: https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth..._The_Gov_t_Worker_Gravy_Trai#Post7767495
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: I fought for you. - 09/29/14
go figure, I'd missed this before

just saw it for the first time today

but before posting, I figured someone on the 'fire had to have posted it. Just too good not to share.

What a surprise to see who did so. Our own Woody. Made me smile and thought I'd leave it alone.

but what the hell if this ain't worth a bump nothing ever posted here was.

so with that in mind for others like me that may have missed it

this is definitely MUST SEE TV
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: I fought for you. - 09/29/14
hmm on closer inspection I guess I did see it, but having it emailed to me today it hit all the same nerves just as the first time I saw it.

Forgive me, if need be.

but it's a video every American needs to see.

and may God bless our vets.
Posted By: Pashooter Re: I fought for you. - 09/30/14
You are without a doubt the single most disgusting piece of dog crap I have ever encountered.
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: I fought for you. - 09/30/14
Originally Posted by tjm10025

This man fought for me before I was born. And everybody else here, too.

[Linked Image]

He came back from the Pacific a troubled man, but with his humanity mostly intact. He went to school on the GI Bill, but so far as I can tell, he didn't take much of anything else in tax-payer benefits. By the time I was old enough to know anything, his medical costs were being covered by private insurance through his employer.

He didn't complain about what he'd done, or what he saw, or the comrades he'd lost, or about any of the people who tried to kill him, either deliberately or accidentally.

He never complained about the ingrates and free-riders - some of whom have been named here - who thought he was an indoctrinated sap for volunteering to go to war.

He sucked it up and carried it all inside him, to varying degrees of success for more than a half-century, and at the end of his days, he had about 20 years of sobriety under his belt, his 55-year marriage was still intact. And all his children loved him.

May God bless and keep him.
Posted By: hatari Re: I fought for you. - 09/30/14

Please answer.

None of that was paid for in blood.

Posted By: oldtrapper Re: I fought for you. - 09/30/14
THIS!!!! Some things an EBT card can't buy.

I will die never having said thanks, enough. It can't be done.
Posted By: Seafire Re: I fought for you. - 09/30/14
an Old Post... Let's nostalgically thank Woody for posting it once again, and 2Legit for reviving it...

lets honor the good parts of this thread....

and overlook the stupid parts posted by the ungrateful...
© 24hourcampfire