Hop To
Page 7 of 16 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 15 16
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by MissouriEd
For you folks that are bitching and complaining that you can't find 22LR ammo at decent prices, could be your looking in the wrong place. I had 2800 rounds delivered TYD for 5.8 cents per round last week. That's about $30.00 per brick.
I've got 3000 rounds on backorder that's at that price, but that order was placed 3 months ago - and it's not here yet...

Methinks it might show up in July or August...

Maybe..

Well just wait and in the meantime, put more on back order.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 40O

P.S., anybody know why Walmart, Cabelas, etc. haven't gotten into the gouging game?

Yes. They feared the raising of prices would result in their company being viewed as dishonest, or opportunistic.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
You fellas aren't making the distinction between market and black market which "gouging" is. There is always a black market for nearly every product. Think moonshine, counterfeit products from China, or more above board stuff like .22lr or Beaney Babies.

When demand is high it creates shortages that drives prices up. The normal market stays static because their suppliers have kept costs from rising. In fact, the suppliers are making more money then ever working around the clock to get ahead. The normal market simply waits for more supply, thus keeping their prices normal.

Demand will diminish in time as ammo manufacturers catch up. Then the black marketeers will be on to the next "must have" item. It isn't Capitalism, because it doesn't play by the same rules. they don't pay taxes, manufacturing, or distribution costs. They pay retail and depend on emotion driving sales.

Same thing happened with ARs last year. Black marketeers took advantage of the Newtown emotion and sold a ton of $800 rifles for $3K. The other side is the guys that "that have to have one, no matter what" and are sitting on a $3000 Bushmaster. Good luck getting your money outta that.

Black market items are illegal. There is nothing illegal about the private sales of 22LR or firearms.

Although give this thread enough time, and we'll undoubtedly have "conservatives" promoting legislation in regards to rimfire ammunition sales.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MadMooner
No fuggin' way I would pay $75 a brick when stores still stock it at $25. I'd take up golf.

People that make these type of comments all have one thing in common.

They all have 22LR.

Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Crockettnj

This right here.

(WTF? did someone else hijack your screen name?)

I was typing on my phone and the post got jacked up.

Travis

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MadMooner
And the panic will subside, the black market will dry up, and those $80 bricks will still be in the closet next to the $3k Bushmasters.

Buy high and sell low seems to be the mantra of most gun show patrons.

None of this is new.

You think guys selling bricks for $75.00 paid $75.00 for those bricks?

'Fraid not dude. You can't lose money cleaning out a retailer's shelf. That's why you can't find any 22LR on a retailer's shelf.

Travis

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have a closet full of Federal 550 boxes, and Remington 525 boxes. Most were bought at around $8.95 a box.
Sad that not everyone looked down the road and spotted a bottleneck with .22 LR, but, oh well.............
As far back as Y2K, preppers were saying that .22 LR would be the new currency. smile

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Fireball2

I'm not advocating this price or that price, I'm saying in fairness we need to take care of each other and society as a whole.
We all agree we need politicians that look after our interests as a country, but how about each of us? We howl about Democrats and their greed and self-interest, but how about us?
Hate to say it, but they're a representation of what this society is producing. It's us.

I know you are from Oregon, so let me help you out here...

The retailers have been trying to take care of the shooting community and its customers as a whole. That is why they have been getting cleaned out for a year now.

Hope you comprehend this.

Travis

Listen Travis, I joke along with you about Oregon, but we both know there's nothing wrong with Oregon, it's a great state. It's fun to play around, I get it. And as much as you may think I am, I'm not stupid. We're just at different places.
I respect what you're saying. Knock the legs out from under the scalpers by raising prices at the retail stores. But then, when scalpers quit, when do prices go back down, and what do the scalpers do when that happens? They'd be right back at scalping. You can't tell me everyone is going to stock up at $75 bricks so demand will dissipate. For me, the bottom line is a societal problem, not a 22LR problem.
I think if we had been around in the era our country was founded, we would all have a different value system, probably imposed on us by a strong father, and I think it would help in us self-policing against this type of behavior. Today, we are an out-of-control, run-amok bunch of people that literally invent new ways to sin. Things not even imagined 100 years ago, like preying on old people with phone solicitations and scams, is commonplace today.
If that type of behavior had been attempted 100 years ago, society would have tarred and feathered the perp. Self-policing, politeness and a duty to do what's right.
Now, we call the POLICE and the govt is expected to fix it. We're not allowed to tar and feather anyone, whether they need it or not.
If someone is caught doing something wrong, if he can get a great lawyer, maybe he can get away with it. Think OJ Simpson. Wouldn't have been tolerated long ago. Now it's tolerated, and even embraced by corrupt, sinful, and prideful, arrogant people.
I just see this as a symptom of a much larger problem. One that needs to be solved by introspection, not retail price manipulation.
No matter how many angles from Sunday you twist this thing, you'll always be back at the problem of people lacking restraint and not doing what's good for society rather than themselves.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have agree if there were any logic behind what the next "shortage" will be. There isn't anyway (legally) to stop pirates from creating the next shortage because, as Mule Deer suggested, there hasn't been any real reason for all this nonsense anyway. I've lived through primer, powder, handgun ammo, high capacity mags, AR-15's etc etc.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
For sure don't see me bitching about the 22LR ammo shortage. I am an active participant and encourager. No shortage in my ammo closet.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
A buck a box for 22"s was the rule, when gas was about 75 cents a gallon. So three bucks a box or even 5 if I needed them, would be OK.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Sooner or later the closets, safes, lockers, underground storage tubes and credit cards will max out. Production will catch up it's just a matter of time. And if ammo makers have bumped up their production potential the price for rimfire may just drop a bit from pre-panic/pre-market exploitation prices. And it will be caused by a drop in demand as much as increased production. Those that have overstocked will no longer be buyers. They will be sellers sitting on product having a reduced value. Components are coming back now though not to the level of availability pre-Obama. "Assault Rifles" have definitely come back and black rifle ammo is again available at bearable prices. Not sure if Spam and canned corn are yet affordable but if not they will be soon. Rimfire ammo is coming up the list it'll just take a little while longer. You can bet offshore manufacturing is looking at this as a profitable market as well. With capitalism, product will be made available when the current level of demand is present

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Listen Travis, I joke along with you about Oregon, but we both know there's nothing wrong with Oregon, it's a great state. It's fun to play around, I get it. And as much as you may think I am, I'm not stupid. We're just at different places.
I respect what you're saying. Knock the legs out from under the scalpers by raising prices at the retail stores. But then, when scalpers quit, when do prices go back down, and what do the scalpers do when that happens? They'd be right back at scalping. You can't tell me everyone is going to stock up at $75 bricks so demand will dissipate. For me, the bottom line is a societal problem, not a 22LR problem.
I think if we had been around in the era our country was founded, we would all have a different value system, probably imposed on us by a strong father, and I think it would help in us self-policing against this type of behavior. Today, we are an out-of-control, run-amok bunch of people that literally invent new ways to sin. Things not even imagined 100 years ago, like preying on old people with phone solicitations and scams, is commonplace today.
If that type of behavior had been attempted 100 years ago, society would have tarred and feathered the perp. Self-policing, politeness and a duty to do what's right.
Now, we call the POLICE and the govt is expected to fix it. We're not allowed to tar and feather anyone, whether they need it or not.
If someone is caught doing something wrong, if he can get a great lawyer, maybe he can get away with it. Think OJ Simpson. Wouldn't have been tolerated long ago. Now it's tolerated, and even embraced by corrupt, sinful, and prideful, arrogant people.
I just see this as a symptom of a much larger problem. One that needs to be solved by introspection, not retail price manipulation.
No matter how many angles from Sunday you twist this thing, you'll always be back at the problem of people lacking restraint and not doing what's good for society rather than themselves.

That's some Grade A rambling. You even managed to touch on the OJ Simpson case.

Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RDFinn
There isn't anyway (legally) to stop pirates from creating the next shortage because, as Mule Deer suggested, there hasn't been any real reason for all this nonsense anyway.

Of course there has been a reason. Demand exceeded supply.

There is a legal way to stop the shortage. Retailers raise their prices until supply catches up.

Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by shootem
Sooner or later the closets, safes, lockers, underground storage tubes and credit cards will max out. Production will catch up it's just a matter of time.

The "hoarding" only jump started the problem.

The current problem exists from the fact that retailers are used as wholesale outlets all around the country. You can literally turn $300.00 worth of 22LR into $750.00 in under 60 minutes right now. That is with no risk, and minimal effort.

Travis

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Travis

Whatever.

Last edited by Fireball2; 01/22/14.

LOL
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Travis

Whatever.

Good one.

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fireball,
The one in Oregon, not the flavored whiskey,
I would like to help you in your quest to return our country to greatness. Let's go back in time together.
You here?
Good.
I would offer you the exact price you paid for all your 99's.
You won't make one penny and people will see how wonderful of gesture you made. Others will follow your lead. I will buy more. After I buy all the 99's we can move on to something else of value for you to move for zero profit. You and I will both be giddy,
and you can run for the whitehouse...
PM me.

P.S. I will not be financing your political run.
I spent all my money on the "stuff".

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RDFinn
I have agree if there were any logic behind what the next "shortage" will be. There isn't anyway (legally) to stop pirates from creating the next shortage because, as Mule Deer suggested, there hasn't been any real reason for all this nonsense anyway. I've lived through primer, powder, handgun ammo, high capacity mags, AR-15's etc etc.

and did you ever find yourself without any of those items? Did you run up against not having any, and not being able to find/buy them? Probably not. I know that when things got tight, I had the powders I use, the primers I need, the ammo that I required and all the AR/mini 14/M1A/.30 Carbine mags I wanted.
Just have to pay attention and buy early.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Look, where in the whole "Doing what's fair" posts did I suggest zero profit for anyone? I'm talking about across the board, out of control greed. You know the difference.
If I haven't explained it so you understand it by now, I'm not going to be able to.

LOL
Page 7 of 16 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

508 members (1badf350, 10ring1, 1234, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 40 invisible), 1,807 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,004
Posts18,520,527
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.