Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
I have no intent to "dis" your sale. But like others, have pointed out a couple key bits of info that would help clarify what you have, eg. s/n and lop.
Hope it sells quickly.

Thank you for a reasonable and well intentioned post. I will get those details posted as soon as I possibly can. Have to logg off in a few minutes and catch my airplanes home, but if the flights go well I should be able to update this thread with the requested details this evening if I am not too exhausted from the travels. Been a very long, trying week here in Illinois..... And I have to come back in a couple of weeks for a longer stay. Need to sell these rifles in between the two trips if at all possible so I will be adding in as many additional details as I can upon my return home.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Praying for you brother. Let me know if I can help you facilitate sales while you're tied up. Post photos, etc.

LOL
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Maybe you can run to his house and get a serial #, OAL of the rifle and LOP for those that asked.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Serial number indicates a late version of the Featherweight, 1960 or so and LOP is only apx 13.50 without the pad so the stock definately was cut. LOP is about the normal 14.25 +/- (I have never been real sure of my LOP measurements) looks and feels about normal and standard to me, for most factory rifles.

I will try to post more tomorrow but tonight I have a RAGING headache, sharp, shooting pains in my eyes and left arm, and I am exhausted beyond any kind of reasonable function. Have to cash it in so as my pills (15 of them tonight, just now) and my ice bags give me some relief I can hopefully get to sleep.

On top of all that I have OTHER appointments I have to go to now in Sacramento starting with a Monday morning appointment. A freind from Church is driving me right after Sunday Services. I am in no condition to drive! And thankful for a true freind to drive me down there like Rattler did to get me to the hog hunt last year.

If I have a few minutes between church and leaving, I will check back in here and try to be a little more detailed, as well as answer any other questions that may come up.

Obviously, the rifle is not worth quite my original asking price with the slightly shortened stock so I am happy to hear of any offers whether all cash or cash plus one or more of the handguns I listed before as big time wants / needs of mine.

I will have my laptop in California and can pop in here between appointments as well as in the evening for a SHORT while. I will most likely be pretty wore out from my activities and tests etc.

Make an offer, if you care to, assuming the worst on anything I did not clear up here. Headed for the barn and now only hoping to recoup as much of my dollars commited to this fine little rifle as I can. It IS cute, and in nice condition sans the mods, which are admitedly a dirty rotten shame.

Talk to ya'll a little tomorrow, I hope.

Last edited by safariman; 01/25/14.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Would like to see a better pic of the floorplate scratch and buggered up front action screw.

IC B2

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The only other unknown is that bolt, as indicated by others the solid bolt was only available in 52 they went to a hollow bolt in handle in 53. So if that is a 1960 featherweight it has the wrong bolt in it, cause it should have a hollow bolt handle. I hope like heck you didn't give a whole lot for it cause you might have got screwed on this one.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I understand you have to let everyone know about your health issues, but wouldn't it have been a whole lot easier and less time consuming to just answer the questions guys have asked? Like the first few digits of the serial number? "1960 or so", WTF does that mean? Find "Bolt Action Rifles" and "Model 70" here and punch in the number:

http://oldguns.net/sn_php/winmods.htm

Does the bolt have a matching serial number? Actual length of pull (not a guess)?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Priceless

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
I understand you have to let everyone know about your health issues, but wouldn't it have been a whole lot easier and less time consuming to just answer the questions guys have asked? Like the first few digits of the serial number? "1960 or so", WTF does that mean? Find "Bolt Action Rifles" and "Model 70" here and punch in the number:

Does the bolt have a matching serial number? Actual length of pull (not a guess)?

Nice guy! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. You must've forgot about selling me a "collector grade rifle" with bedding compound smeared on the bluing. How many others have you screwed? And you have the balls to hang around here needling people.

Affordable Sportfishing Charters and Cruises out of Noank CT - https://www.rowdygirlcharters.com/
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What a goat rope.. Good thing some poor sap didn't buy it at the original listing or they would be s.o.l. with all sales "final".

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Hard to be that guy (health issues mentioned), but seen this same old song and dance many a time and agree it's not too hard to just state the facts like serial number, etc. yep, goat rope is appropriate.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Like to sell. As new. No idea wtf it is or if all original or not. How does $1350 shipped sound? All sales final, no returns........

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mark, I don't know you and am not trying to be rude. I'm not the "piling on" type. Just trying to make a point. I truly hope you take something of this experience as to save yourself future headaches........

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
The only other unknown is that bolt, as indicated by others the solid bolt was only available in 52 they went to a hollow bolt in handle in 53. So if that is a 1960 featherweight it has the wrong bolt in it, cause it should have a hollow bolt handle. I hope like heck you didn't give a whole lot for it cause you might have got screwed on this one.

Bingo!!...He still didn't give the first 3 digits of the serial # either did he??? OAL of the rifle will tell us more since I agree, the LOP measurement isn't as accurate. Mark says the LOP measured "13.5" inches, so that is in the ball park of an uncut 1960 stock that sported the composite butt plate. However, right now I'd be more concerned about the wrong bolt and whether that is a "pieced together" rifle he has..It's a nice looking rifle, but some things stand out like a sore thumb..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I haven't dog piled on any of these Safariman threads but damn dude.......you really need to step back from the classifieds for a while and rethink what the he'll you are doing here. The issues with the items you sell and the issues with the transactions after you sell stuff is like a broken record. And please stop telling everyone about your health issues, it's pretty clear that the sympathy factor has long since worn out.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have been looking for a featherwieght and was seriously thinking on this one I did know enough about them that the recoil was not factory. But the other things I didn't know so I'm glad I held off.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
79S, I wonder if the "original owner" has the correct bolt in his safe. Bolts do get mixed up sometimes. The bolt is definitely not period correct if that is a "1960" ish rifle as stated by the op. Even the std wt rifles had the .275" hole drilled in the bolt knob after around 1956. We really need a partial serial # (first 3 digits) to verify. Why haven't we gotten that info yet???? The flat bolt sleeve and solid bolt knob clearly shows that. If I were the OP, I'd be on the phone with the "original owner" and asking if he has a std wt rifle in his collection with a fwt bolt in it!! The recoil pad is definitely unoriginal to the rifle, as the original LOP would be 13 1/2-13 5/8".

BSA MAGA
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
We really need a partial serial # (first 3 digits) to verify. Why haven't we gotten that info yet????

The OP found time to make four posts over the last couple hours in other threads, but still no serial number. crazy

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Bill_N
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

Nice guy! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. You must've forgot about selling me a "collector grade rifle" with bedding compound smeared on the bluing. How many others have you screwed? And you have the balls to hang around here needling people.

Really, it was sold as "collectors grade"? And why don't you tell the audience exactly how much time had gone by before you started your whining; better than a year after you received the rifle, so it must've been a huge issue, right?

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Where is MissouriEd?

Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

450 members (160user, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 163bc, 38 invisible), 2,306 guests, and 1,080 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,761
Posts18,515,176
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.