Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
This is way beyond daytime soap, that it isn't even funny...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Subscribed

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
I haven't dog piled on any of these Safariman threads but damn dude.......you really need to step back from the classifieds for a while and rethink what the he'll you are doing here. The issues with the items you sell and the issues with the transactions after you sell stuff is like a broken record. And please stop telling everyone about your health issues, it's pretty clear that the sympathy factor has long since worn out.

+1

+2; good post.

Here on the 'fire, it is all about reputation and honesty.

If there have been any misunderstandings in the past, it is all the more reason with classified ads to give concise descriptions and sharp pictures, along with prompt and clear answers to all questions. If you don't, regardless of your intent it appears that you are being, at best, evasive.

While obviously anyone can buy and sell here, I personally am a bit more leery of sellers who clearly churn equipment for a profit.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I don't mind someone turning a little profit, but dammit, be honest with us!!! When we ask for a LOP, give it to us. When we ask for a serial # for confirmation, give it to us!!!! When we ask for better pics, you know what this is leading to. Don't beat around the fn bush. That's what I have a problem with!!!

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
At the very least, leave the outright lies and pure made-up BS out of the ads.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by pal
At the very least, leave the outright lies and pure made-up BS out of the ads.

I'm sorry pal, I know I bs too much...

BSA MAGA
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
bsa--I meant the ad, here. Your bs(a) is just fine. grin

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
I doubt anyone will ever see a legitimate sn.If you do see one it will be made up to match the original description,after the rifle is sold to an outside party.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
VERY good point about laying off of all this stuff while I am so busy and until I can provide more details and maybe some beeter pictures.

Pulling this one off of the market here, might be stuch with it, not a bad thing entirely. could become a quite nifty 22/243ai OR 22/6MMai for my grandkids to use and hunt with.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
This just keeps getting better! I truly hope you're not stuck with it, since you "spent money you didn't have to get them " and " need to sell them quick like". Good Lord man.

Oh, and believe it or not, deer bite. Fairly hard.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The drama continues. safariman, why do you continue digging a deeper hole? I know you are a nice guy but you need better marketing.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Lots of posts lately but nothing from the OP. ????

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by boliep

Lots of posts lately but nothing from the OP. ????

Look back 2 or 3 posts. I believe he pulled the rifle, it's no longer go sale.

NRA Endowment Life Member
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Originally Posted by Bill_N
Nice guy! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. You must've forgot about selling me a "collector grade rifle" with bedding compound smeared on the bluing. How many others have you screwed? And you have the balls to hang around here needling people.

Really, it was sold as "collectors grade"? And why don't you tell the audience exactly how much time had gone by before you started your whining; better than a year after you received the rifle, so it must've been a huge issue, right?

Had to dig a ways back to find this one (2006), but here it is:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...Re_Sako_L461_Vixen_Deluxe_222#Post848301

Tell you what Bill, box it up and tell me where to send your refund and I'll have it in the mail tomorrow. Never should've sold that rifle in the first place.

Unfortunately, I didn�t notice the issue when I picked up the rifle. Whoever did the bedding did a pretty good job of cleaning it up but enough got on the barrel and action that it left a light haze on the bluing and there was a little stain on the stock at the front of the action. To be honest it was extremely hard to see unless you looked at it in direct light.

I put the gun in my safe and forgot about it for a while until I bought a Riihimaki Deluxe and decided to sell the Vixen. The guy who bought the Vixen from me noticed the compound and returned the gun to me. I contacted GW at that point and was told that too much time had gone by since the sale. I ended up selling the rifle at a loss.

Maybe it was an honest mistake but I didn�t appreciate the tone of the response. Now I notice that GW is part of the judge and jury team for the classified section � seems a little ironic to me.

Affordable Sportfishing Charters and Cruises out of Noank CT - https://www.rowdygirlcharters.com/
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
...GW is part of the judge and jury team for the classified section � seems a little ironic to me.

That judge and jury team you mock is trying to police our own campfire classifieds to expose the serial liars and cheaters so it will be a safe place to shop.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Safariman

Just rewrite the Ad. Put pre-64 Model 70 Winchester FWT .308, AS IS, and your price.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow,
now the story is....

You never saw a problem with the gun after receiving it.
You later sold it.
Still no problem.
Someone else gets the gun (wondering here who was calling it collector grade now).
"Someone else" says they have an issue.....
Maybe "someone else" botched the bedding job and now sees a way "out", after ruining the "collector grade".
In this example A YEAR LATER, after A YEAR of you being happy,
and I find out you sold the gun anyway, I would not be interested in refunding your money either.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I think < 1 year return policy is ample. Your time ran out Bill.

Really not busting your balls, just chalk it up as a lesson learned. Take the rifle outside in daylight and look it over good. No need to call out the seller on a 2006 transaction. That rifle was probably still worth what you paid for it.

Last edited by Sakoluvr; 01/27/14.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
From this thread I have:

Learned some interesting details about Pre-64 fwt.

Found one member I would never buy from.

Found one member I would never sell to.

It's not much for the time in reading, but at least I have a little to show!

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Nice guy! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. You must've forgot about selling me a "collector grade rifle" with bedding compound smeared on the bluing. How many others have you screwed? And you have the balls to hang around here needling people.

Really, it was sold as "collectors grade"? And why don't you tell the audience exactly how much time had gone by before you started your whining; better than a year after you received the rifle, so it must've been a huge issue, right?

Had to dig a ways back to find this one (2006), but here it is:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...Re_Sako_L461_Vixen_Deluxe_222#Post848301

Tell you what Bill, box it up and tell me where to send your refund and I'll have it in the mail tomorrow. Never should've sold that rifle in the first place.

Unfortunately, I didn�t notice the issue when I picked up the rifle. Whoever did the bedding did a pretty good job of cleaning it up but enough got on the barrel and action that it left a light haze on the bluing and there was a little stain on the stock at the front of the action. To be honest it was extremely hard to see unless you looked at it in direct light.

I put the gun in my safe and forgot about it for a while until I bought a Riihimaki Deluxe and decided to sell the Vixen. The guy who bought the Vixen from me noticed the compound and returned the gun to me. I contacted GW at that point and was told that too much time had gone by since the sale. I ended up selling the rifle at a loss.

Maybe it was an honest mistake but I didn�t appreciate the tone of the response. Now I notice that GW is part of the judge and jury team for the classified section � seems a little ironic to me.

Let's not forget, it was more than a YEAR later when you contacted me. And if you sold it for $825.00 ($150.00 loss) as you indicate in your PM, you're a bigger moron than I originally thought.

Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (160user, 1minute, 1234, 219 Wasp, 06hunter59, 163bc, 64 invisible), 2,523 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,788
Posts18,515,957
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.