Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I had to refund shipping both ways and pay another transfer fee. That was more than half of the total. And I never asked for or expected a refund after that length of time. I contacted you because I wanted to find out if you knew anything about it and frankly your response was kind of telling. You�re no better than these people you�re always calling out here. GFY hypocrite!

Affordable Sportfishing Charters and Cruises out of Noank CT - https://www.rowdygirlcharters.com/
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Ok, I'll GFM, Moron.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by headwatermike
From this thread I have:

Learned some interesting details about Pre-64 fwt.

Found one member I would never buy from.

Found one member I would never sell to.

It's not much for the time in reading, but at least I have a little to show!

I know. Gives me a very bad feeling. And I'm not sure why I keep coming back to see what the next development is?? I guess it's kinda' like slowing down to check out a car accident�.hoping you can see some blood. I hate that side of me.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I have bought a fair amount of "stuff" on here and I really want to start a call out thread because they all seem to turn out so well for the call outer and generate lots of views for Rick.
Problem is, I've never had a bobble....dammit!

I'll keep trying though.

(sarcasm font inserted for the non-Mensa members)

Have Dog

Will Travel

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

“Lighten up Francis”
IC B2

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What is so bad he bought two pre 64 and looks like he got burned real bad on them. I feel for the guy to a certain extent. He is out spending money he probably shouldn't be spending. I suspect he gave a lot more for that featherweight than what it is worth. The transition pre-64 if it is true that its a 1946 made one and one fella pointed it out the rear bridge was not drilled and tapped for scope mounts in 1946 that didn't come along until 1948 that's what one of the posters said. If that's the case I was always told $250 dollars a hole on the pre-64 so take $500 off the transition pre-64. He saw pre-64's possible quick turnaround and make a few bucks off the deal. In the end it looks like he got a featherweight with the wrong bolt in it, and transition pre-64 with two extra holes in it. Instead of making $2500 plus off the guns he might be lucky to get $1600-$1750 for the pair. He probably gave 2 grand for the both of them.

Last edited by 79S; 01/27/14.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by micky

Holy smokes that is a nice one!

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
WOW! Now that's what I'm talking about.

Sending PM.

donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by micky

Holy smokes that is a nice one!

Yes it is.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
What is so bad he bought two pre 64 and looks like he got burned real bad on them. I feel for the guy to a certain extent. He is out spending money he probably shouldn't be spending. I suspect he gave a lot more for that featherweight than what it is worth. The transition pre-64 if it is true that its a 1946 made one and one fella pointed it out the rear bridge was not drilled and tapped for scope mounts in 1946 that didn't come along until 1948 that's what one of the posters said. If that's the case I was always told $250 dollars a hole on the pre-64 so take $500 off the transition pre-64. He saw pre-64's possible quick turnaround and make a few bucks off the deal. In the end it looks like he got a featherweight with the wrong bolt in it, and transition pre-64 with two extra holes in it. Instead of making $2500 plus off the guns he might be lucky to get $1600-$1750 for the pair. He probably gave 2 grand for the both of them.

If he actually bought them..... and/or described them from the other sellers description, I wonder if he will check into the other sellers return policy...... grin

Have Dog

Will Travel

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by wageslave
If he actually bought them..... and/or described them from the other sellers description, I wonder if he will check into the other sellers return policy...... grin

I'd suggest he waits at least a year before contacting the seller... whistle

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by wageslave
Originally Posted by 79S

Yeah, there was something kinda funny about him not being able to provide serial numbers. Almost like the rifles weren't in his possession.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
Like to sell. As new. No idea wtf it is or if all original or not. How does $1350 shipped sound? All sales final, no returns........

[Linked Image]

I'll take it, that's a very rare flintlock pistol pizza cutter. shocked laugh

Gunner

Gotta be a Beretta. Being Italian and all, nobody else would need a pizza cutter...

That's right, it even has a built in non-removable bi-pod. blush laugh

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
While I have no dog in the fight, I have learned that any time you near the "couped up" tax time season and mix it with the mystery of classic winchester lore.....you can get a lot more views on a classifieds post than one expressing the loss of a wife, the first hunt with a child or a "look at me, I've lost 80 lbs today" post. You will fall short of a 1970's classic car revival thread though. As ugly as the thread got, he did manage to get nearly 10k views on a less than grand deal. ..m that is impressive in its own right.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 79S

Mark has been dealing guns quite a while so I doubt that he got suckered on either of them. He knows what he is doing.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
If anybody would actually READ what he's been saying, they would know that he does not have access to the rifles at present as he's in CA at medical appointments while the rifles are at home in WA. It's not difficult to understand why he can't provide serial numbers/LOP, etc.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Uh, Dude...he was home yesterday morning and posting on the fire. Just not here in this thread, where he could open an eye, look at the number and type the first three on his reply.
Having read the thread, I ciphered he left his home yesterday afternoon.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
He knows what he is doing.

That's the scary part, Bro.

Have Dog

Will Travel

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
What happened to the damn Ruger Charger?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
This makes me wonder where Bricktop is?

Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

289 members (22magnut, 1OntarioJim, 1badf350, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 29 invisible), 2,211 guests, and 973 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,515,025
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.