Print Thread
Hop To
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
][Linked Image]

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dammit - I knew that I shouldn't have cut those onions yesterday - amazing how long that juice can hang around before getting into a person's eyes.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dogs - FOREVER!
V

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Good advice, I hope it is followed.

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
yep , we have had her two months now. Figure she is Lab/greyhound cross. A real sweetheart.

[Linked Image]

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Over the last 20 years, I've shared my home with 5 dogs. 4 of the 5 were at risk strays that chose me and my family.
Along with the 4 stray dogs, there have been close to a dozen cats and a bird (Cocatiel) all rescued and taken in.

Seems like every time there's room for another animal in our home, one just shows up.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Several years ago a young kid came around our neighborhood with a little lemon beagle mix. He said his parents told him he had to find a home for it or it would be put to sleep. Of course, Pixie the Wonderbeagle adopted us. She had been abused, and was very timid. Once she warmed up to us, we realized how lucky we were that she chose us. My wife does preschool out of the house here, and Pixie is the star attraction. She is right in the middle of all the craft projects, naps with the kids, and doesn't like it on the weekends when the kids aren't around. How anyone could abuse a dog is beyond comprehension. The unconditional love they give and the joy they bring to a family is immeasurable. The kids are gathered around the table for snack time now, and Pixie's right there with them. When her day comes, we will adopt another stray, or a shelter dog. I can't imagine this house without a dog in it.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Good job on all of you!!!!

We are down to one right now, from a high of 5. There will never be a time we don't have dogs though, sometimes more than less.

I can't bring myself to buy another lab puppy though, while Cole would have to sit back at home at 13 and have to watch the training and be left at home etc....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
hell every stray dog ..kid..cat... or anything else finds its way too our house seems they always have I don't wonder why anymore and yes we take them all in there are a lot worse things in life than being soft harted............

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Allergies acting up.
Damn snow pollen!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The timing of the OP is amazing.

[Linked Image]

May 12, 2012 Belle (on the right) crossed the Rainbow Bridge she was 6 years old but that evil thing called cancer took her. Our vet tried to save her but the surgery was too much and she died in my arms. Sam mourned her. He laid in her kennel and cried for about a week.

Yesterday at 8:10 AM Sam (on the left) crossed that bridge. As tired, old and sick as he was he still got excited to go for a ride that morning. He tried to jump in the truck but I had to catch him and lift him in. Poor old guy was even excited to see our vet. I held him while he gave him the shot. Sam just relaxed into my arms no more pain... I hugged and told him I loved him and that he would be ok now. Damn dust the cancer had just progressed to far.

After we lost Belle we adopted Lucy in September 0f 2012. This is how she looked when she came home.

[Linked Image]

She looks like this now

[Linked Image]

She was making sure I got supper right that night.

When the time is right we will adopt another companion for her as she is truly mourning the loss of her friend Sam as are we.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good looking girl Keith, and again, I am sorry for your loss.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
What can a guy say about all this?? Awesome to know folks love dogs so much..

Molon Labe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Damn sorry my friend and kudos for giving Lucy a good home.

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
What can a guy say about all this?? Awesome to know folks love dogs so much..

We're warped and really out of touch.

Kill your dogs and adopt a Ugandan Kid will soon be all the rage.

Feed em' while ya' got em'.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Screw Mankind.....Praise Dogkind!

[Linked Image]

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Greg, can I teach the Ugandan kid to retrieve ducks?, will they learn hand signals or should I stick to whistle commands? Are they strong swimmers? Hard mouthed?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

522 members (1badf350, 22250rem, 1Longbow, 160user, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 48 invisible), 2,125 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,234
Posts18,504,419
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.