Hop To
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
K
KDF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Man... schit show at best!

I had thoughts of listing a pretty nice pre-64 Fwt 243 here soon, but I'm a little scared now! crazy

GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by KDF

I had thoughts of listing a pretty nice pre-64 Fwt 243 here soon, but I'm a little scared now! crazy

Does it include the factory bipod?

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy...
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by KDF

No need to be scared. Be upfront and forthright with a nice array of photos.If someone asks a question, answer the question.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by KDF

How much??

[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr

I suspect safari sells a lot of stuff without having them in hand, and it's time to clean house of the bulshitters.

I'm surprised that the subject of BATFE's definition of an "unlicensed dealer" has not come up in this thread or the Ruger Charger thread. IMO, there is not enough money to be made buying & selling guns to take that risk, especially if you are pissing people off in the process.

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel
IC B2

K
KDF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by CFVA
Originally Posted by KDF

Richard,

Regretfully no on the bipod. Fortunately, it does have the factory compass in the buttstock though!

K
KDF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by jasonkjasonk
Originally Posted by KDF

How much??

Jason... that's one of two questions I'm still wrestling with. The other one is if I should get rid of it!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by KDF
Originally Posted by KDF

Richard,

Regretfully no on the bipod. Fortunately, it does have the factory compass in the buttstock though!

I'm sure that was a rare (probably non-cataloged) option, and should increase the value at least $500. It'd be worth even more if it still had the factory picatinny rails...

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy...
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Originally Posted by KDF

No need to be scared. Be upfront and forthright with a nice array of photos.If someone asks a question, answer the question.

No chit. No reason to be "scared" unless you are trying to hide something. There are plenty of guys here that know the ins and outs of the pre 64 model 70's, so that can actually be a blessing in disguise. It helps to keep everyone honest... wink

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by KDF
Originally Posted by KDF

Richard,

That's no problem, just update it with a garmin and you'll be in business. laugh

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Most here are just selling their personal firearms, perhaps to get something else that they just have to have. Others are what I call "flippers" perhaps in the business perhaps just addicted. I always look at these as suspect. Many times they are either over priced or not quite what was described, or both. I have enough trouble supporting my own addictions, I will not support someone else's.

Last edited by smithrjd; 01/28/14.
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smithrjd
...Others are what I call "flippers"...

Well, there are "flippers" and then there are those in the business of selling guns and who advertise as "like new" a gun that has obviously been modified and appears to have been assembled from various parts lots.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Personally I'm happy these conversations go on here - I know of a gun Mark sold to a good standing member here that was screwed up- needed a new mag box to function, and the buyer has been polite enough to keep quiet through all of this. I pride myself as do many others here of being stand up guys who will stand behind anything they sell and can afford to buy it back if need be. Makes the honest guys here look even better when this crap goes on.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Well said Killer, and I agree.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by smithrjd
Most here are just selling their personal firearms, perhaps to get something else that they just have to have. Others are what I call "flippers" perhaps in the business perhaps just addicted. I always look at these as suspect. Many times they are either over priced or not quite what was described, or both. I have enough trouble supporting my own addictions, I will not support someone else's.

I see this in a lot of the items I sell here. Many come back up for sale at higher prices than I sold them for. Its all good I guess. It burns me a bit sometimes as I have been naive enough to believe that this site is here to avoid places like gunbroker and other rip off sites , but lately it seems to have changed more to a making money site , lots of good folks and info here , but the op in this thread seems to be running a suspect track record in the least.

Y
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Y
Ladies and Gentlemen:

Caveat emptor ("Let the buyer beware." - Black's Law Dictionary, 1984, page 202) applies here:

http://insurance.oregon.gov/admin_actions/actions_2011/producer_2011/10-02-005.pdf

Sincerely,

Chris Bemis

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
A "No Return" policy should be a HUGE red flag!!! In online sales you are buying based on the sellers word and his ability and willingness to capture decent photos which is NOTHING like having the gun in hand. Especially when dealing with Collectables and Relics!
I'd take back any gun I've ever sold on here because I sold them at a very fair price.

Last edited by Launchingrounds; 01/29/14.
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by Yalie
Ladies and Gentlemen:

Caveat emptor ("Let the buyer beware." - Black's Law Dictionary, 1984, page 202) applies here:

http://insurance.oregon.gov/admin_actions/actions_2011/producer_2011/10-02-005.pdf

Sincerely,

Chris Bemis

Wow! I guess where there's smoke.....

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Ladies and Gentlemen:

Sincerely,

Chris Bemis

Well, that pretty well nails it in my mind....

"Keep your mouth shut, work hard. Life is tough. Work through it.” -- Stetson Bennett, Quarterback, Georgia Bulldogs
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Launchingrounds
A "No Return" policy should be a HUGE red flag!!! In online sales you are buying based on the sellers word and his ability and willingness to capture decent photos which is NOTHING like having the gun in hand. Especially when dealing with Collectables and Relics!
I'd take back any gun I've ever sold on here because I sold them at a very fair price.

Exactly. It really doesn't help when the seller skirts around basic questions, and constantly comes up with excuses. Terrible pictures aren't helping the cause, either.

Originally Posted by Lhook7
Ladies and Gentlemen:

Sincerely,

Chris Bemis

Wow! I guess where there's smoke.....

Very interesting....

Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

130 members (673, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 1minute, 29aholic, 17 invisible), 2,061 guests, and 930 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,758
Posts18,514,939
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.