S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by geedubya
Model 10 FCP-K, 308 Winchester

Best,

GWB
I got one, and it's so accurate that my buddy got one just like it. They'll both go five for five on clay pigeons at 300 metres.

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
1TN: are you planning to reload? The only reason I ask is that you mentioned something about finances and factory .260 ain't cheap. 7-08 is a bit cheaper, and if you want to shoot Prvi you can order it for about $17 per box. I don't know what you're planning to do with the rifle, but the inexpensive Prvi shoots great in my 7x57. As much as I like my .260, unless you're hand-loading you might want to give the 7-08 another look.

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have a 110E in 7mm RM. Bought it from someone who got it off the used rack. So I am at least the 3rd owner. Shot great just the way I bought, but I bedded it and changed to a Timney trigger. With good reloads and good technique it is consistent MOA or better. I have thought about a new stock and a new barrel, but don't see the need as of now.

I just recently got another 110E in 243win, so it is the long action, which means I can convert it to whatever I would want, although I was actually wanting a 243. May perk it up at some point, but I need to shoot and see if and what is needed.
None are pretty, but I don't take them dancing, I use them to get dirty and make holes in animals and paper.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Sponxx

None are pretty, but I don't take them dancing, I use them to get dirty and make holes in animals and paper.

Amen to that!

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Rev,

I don't reload but plan to in the very near future.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
1tnhunter - Tikka action (IMO) is smoother than the Savages. Shroud - no opinion. Same with recoil lug and stock. Mags for both are overpriced except the Savages are metal and not "polymer" i.e. plastic. Homesteader

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
4th.Point - ref: groups w/ .375 Ruger. Considering the rounds power and the lite-weight of the Savage my hats off to you for shooting those smallish groups. Homesteader

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I have owned them and they were accurate, but that is where the good stopped.

Every one I've been around has had feeding issues and some of the newest ones are so rough I thought I was breaking something when I ran the bolt.

They ain't exactly cheap any more either.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
The only thing is, the OP is looking for a .260. If Remington gaffs and doesn't bring out the SPS in .260, outside of the M7, Sako, Cooper, MRC, and then moving on into the custom market at multiples of the Savage price, Savage is about the only game in town (at least on the "new" market).

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 1tnhunter
Rev,

I don't reload but plan to in the very near future.
I'd suggest that you stick the new gun money into a reloading setup and get the rifle later. Loading your own makes all the centerfires you currently have much more fun and interesting.

I have a Savage 10 with an aftermarket 260 Rem barrel. Not as good looking as my other rifles, but I really dig the safety operation and location. Someone earlier mentioned gas handling. This past summer I blew a primer (not paying enough attention when working up a load) and didn't realize it until I went to work the bolt. Had to have the ejector replaced, but other than that all was well. I'm seriously considering getting a second barrel for mine in 358 Hoosier.

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
[Linked Image]

Mrs. Tide likes hers pretty good. She took her first buck with it a couple seasons ago. It is a varmint setup in .270 WSM. I load 110 grain TTSX's for her and sucks the life out of whitetail creatures.

Accuracy is good, and it does what she wants. I actually bought that rifle on closeout, and if memory serves, I paid less than 500 for it.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
atta boy Mrs. Tide! thats kind of interesting, I didn't know they did a heavy barrel 270 wsm.

Uber Demanding Rifle Aficionado
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RevMike
The only thing is, the OP is looking for a .260. If Remington gaffs and doesn't bring out the SPS in .260, outside of the M7, Sako, Cooper, MRC, and then moving on into the custom market at multiples of the Savage price, Savage is about the only game in town (at least on the "new" market).

That's why God gave us the 7-08.

Sheesh... I gotta point out everything around here.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by deflave

That's why God gave us the 7-08.

Sheesh... I gotta point out everything around here.

Travis

Nah, God shoots a .275 Rigby.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by n8dawg6
atta boy Mrs. Tide! thats kind of interesting, I didn't know they did a heavy barrel 270 wsm.

I don't think they catalog it anymore, like I mentioned I bought it on closeout.

She was looking for a heavy barreled setup in a light kicking cartridge just north of a 243. I was looking for a 25-06, honestly, but wasn't having any luck locating one at a price I could stand to pay at the time.

I ran up on the 270 WSM and decided it was close enough for government work, so to speak. There was, and maybe still is, some discussion as to whether the WSM round is any better than the WCF round, but it didn't matter for my purposes.

I don't know how many deer she has taken with it, but I've taken a couple, and Tide Jr. killed one with it during the 2012 season. I also bumped off a feral donkey with it one season, using the 110 grain TTSX. It worked like a lightning bolt, BTW.

That rifle has dings, scratches and other hunting marks, but she still reaches for it when she plans to get serious about bumping off a deer.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
[Linked Image]

Here is another one she bumped off with it, I think, in 2012.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Savage are great rifles and very very accurate.

OH! And everyone knows God shoots a WBY

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fotis
Savage are great rifles and very very accurate.

OH! And everyone knows God shoots a WBY
No I don't... wink

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I wouldn't own a Savage.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I had an old 110 years ago in .270 Win. The old gun shot great. We used to put water jugs on an opposing hillside and see how far away we could hit them. I wish I still had that gun. I would highly recommend one to anyone looking for an American made tack driver, without breaking the bank.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

692 members (160user, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 153, 10ring1, 74 invisible), 2,952 guests, and 1,395 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,975
Posts18,480,777
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.