Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by isaac
Keep it illegal,imo. If a violation and arrest occurs for minor amounts of dope; 500.00 fine,25 hours community service and push it out for 3-6 months. If the kid accomplishes the probationary obligations and mandates and satisfies fines and costs, the charge is then dismissed at the end of the ordered time period.

Do you believe the feds should have the power to make it illegal inside of all 50 states, or that it should be left up to the states to decide?

Or just let the feds blackmail the individual states with roads funds like they do on so many other things?

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by rattler
Originally Posted by xxclaro
I can see his side of it, but I still disagree. Like he said, some people are looking for an escape, and for some of those people pot is where they find it. Others find it in alcohol or other drugs. Fact of the matter is, you cannot protect people from themselves, which is what they are trying to do. Hell, its exactly what the gun control crows claims to be trying to do. "Your not responsible enough to know whats good for you, so we'll tell you".

Its not that they are wrong, either. A chit ton of people out there who are not responsible enough to do whats good for them. However, as long as they are adults, that responsibility rests with them. As for pot, I'm not a fan, nor of alcohol. I just don't particularly care for the effects of either one. I couldn't get addicted if I wanted to. Thats just me though, and I have no interest in telling others what they should do with their life. From the potheads and alcoholics I've known,which is more than a few, I'll hang out with the potheads every time, if I have to choose. I also know plenty who use both/either on occasion, and are no worse off for it.

I realize there are a lot of people out there unable or unwilling to fight addiction. Obviously some people have a far more addictive personality than others as well. Some people are also more likely to snap and go on a rampage than others. We don't ban guns(hopefully)because of those people though. We hold those who cause trouble accountable for their own actions, without punishing everyone else for it. At least, we should.

Finally, the argument that pot leads to harder drugs. I don't buy it. I used to hear "every alcoholic started with one drink", which sounded idiotic to me even back then. Whole bunch of occasional and social drinkers started with one drink too. Should we just go to prohibition, so the playing fields level? Many of those who are on hard drugs started on pot. If they hadn't smoked pot, they probably would have done whatever other drug was offered to them first. Pot is common, so thats what most of them start with. If pot was coke, they would do that. Its the person, not the substance.

If drugs were legalized, would we see more use and more deaths? Maybe. I'm not sure the law is keeping a needle out of too many arms though. People who want to do that will do so. Most others won't, for obvious reasons. As for them dying sooner, well, its cheaper than keeping them in prison and we certainly don't have a shortage of people on this earth.

only thing ill argue is that pot may lead to harder drugs cause if thats the case, most started with alcohol before pot so if a gateway drug is true, alcohol is it, not pot.....

The reason pot was the gateway drug for decade is the same guy who dealt pot also dealt cocaine and heroine. Breaking that connecting lowers it's effects as a gateway drug.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It is illegal in all 50 States, by Federal Statute. Obama has declared that the law will not be enforced under his watch.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
It is illegal in all 50 States, by Federal Statute. Obama has declared that the law will not be enforced under his watch.

yeah he declared that but he also ignored it shortly after declaring it and started raiding medical places here in Montana within 8 weeks of saying he was gonna leave it to the states.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That's because Montana ain't blue enough yet.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
prolly

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes, and certain people are being allowed to get rich unmolested operating "dispensaries".

abusus non tollit usum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by night_owl
Yes, and certain people are being allowed to get rich unmolested operating "dispensaries".

which they wind up paying a chit load in property and income/sales taxes....like any other business....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What's payed in taxes is beside the point.
Either the thing is legal or it's not.
How can one person be given permission to break the law and get rich while some regular person is jailed for a joint.

Last edited by night_owl; 02/18/14.

abusus non tollit usum
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Because in this state the regular person is no longer jailed for the joint.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

IC B3

zxc Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by the_shootist
Marihuana or Alcohol?

Ban 'em both! Won't effect me one bit. wink

Yes it will, your tax dollars will still be spent on a war that has been long lost, instead of on something constructive. Public pressure , via information,has reduced DUI's and smoking cigarettes has been vastly reduced by the population.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Like cigarettes, pot is a crutch that you will end up paying for, for yourself and others that use them to excess.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
To much money spent, tax dollars collected, jobs, equipment, prisons, etc. etc. to crooked peoples pockets being lined, to stop the drug war in our lifetime.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
What most here are too young to know is that many years ago...under the auspices of one J. Edgar Hoover...the FBI conducted an extensive study regarding the usage of drugs and it revealed that something like 80% of the major drug users started out smoking 'weed'!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RMulhern
What most here are too young to know is that many years ago...under the auspices of one J. Edgar Hoover...the FBI conducted an extensive study regarding the usage of drugs and it revealed that something like 80% of the major drug users started out smoking 'weed'!!

no they started with alcohol....they leave out that lil fact cause they know they cant outlaw alcohol cause that dont work......your telling me 80% of hard drug users smoked pot before ever having a beer? thats just idiotic thinking....i really cant understand why it shoots over peoples head that alcohol is a drug the same as any other intoxicant....it gives you a "high" and all things considered coming from someone thats had alcohol pot and medically prescribed opiates, beer is alot closer to opiates than it is pot as far as dangers ect....

Last edited by rattler; 02/19/14.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yearly average deaths due to just alcohol flat out killing you do to alcohol poisoning: 88,000 in the US per year

number of known poisonings due to marijuana.....there MIGHT be all of 3 in known literature....not 3 per year, three total known and 2 of them are possibles and not definitive.....

there are far more legitimate reasons to outlaw alcohol than there is for marijuana....lots of idiot college kids kill themselves or cause severe brain damage due to one night of bing drinking....however if you want to reliably kill someone with marijuana other than an accident, you have toput a couple pounds of it into a bag and than beat the person to death with it....as far as drugs go its far less toxic than Tylenol....

Last edited by rattler; 02/19/14.

zxc Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
yearly average deaths due to just alcohol flat out killing you do to alcohol poisoning: 88,000 in the US per year

number of known poisonings due to marijuana.....there MIGHT be all of 3 in known literature....not 3 per year, three total known and 2 of them are possibles and not definitive.....

there are far more legitimate reasons to outlaw alcohol than there is for marijuana....lots of idiot college kids kill themselves or cause severe brain damage due to one night of bing drinking....however if you want to reliably kill someone with marijuana other than an accident, you have toput a couple pounds of it into a bag and than beat the person to death with it....as far as drugs go its far less toxic than Tylenol....

I agree, some folks here don't like change. They like the same old thing garnering the same old results, dadgummit.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

They also produced a propaganda flick called Refer Madness claiming that if you took a drag off a join it would turn you into a murderer.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

no they started with alcohol....they leave out that lil fact cause they know they cant outlaw alcohol cause that dont work......your telling me 80% of hard drug users smoked pot before ever having a beer? thats just idiotic thinking....i really cant understand why it shoots over peoples head that alcohol is a drug the same as any other intoxicant....it gives you a "high" and all things considered coming from someone thats had alcohol pot and medically prescribed opiates, beer is alot closer to opiates than it is pot as far as dangers ect....

Hmmmm...what 'grade' are you smoking these days??

Even birds know not to land downwind!
pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
...something like 80% of the major drug users started out smoking 'weed'!!

Nearly 100% of them started out drinking milk.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (160user, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 64 invisible), 2,366 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,825
Posts18,477,900
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.