Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
zxc Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by eyeball
Dolphins have defended humans and other creatures from sharks.

Dogs have protected humans from animals.

It's disgusting to me to see men stand by and do nothing while snowbound animals are wiped out by wolves because libturds say, "It's all good (unless a man shoots one to eat)."

You are humanizing animals, Walt Disney would be proud of you.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Isn't there a way to get wolves to smoke pot? If so; they could suck their prey to death grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by JSTUART

I am saying that if it was your kids that have to be fenced in you may have a different outlook.
Wolves kill and eat and I do not have a problem with that, as I do not have a problem with great whites or crocodiles killing and eating...I do have a problem when people are on the menu, and in such circumstance have no compunction killing anything and everything that is a threat.

Particularly if it is near me or mine.

Sounds reasonable to me.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
I'd like to see some reintroduction into Atlanta, Chicago, Detroit and DC.

I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's And his hair was perfect.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When the herds of animals are gone the wolves turn on domestic live stock but by then the game departments will be broke. The hunters will have left for other avenues. Who supports keeping the wolves feeding on live stock. The ranchers are not going to and I would not expect them to feed their lively hood to wolves. Who pays for the wolves then. The game departments will have massive layoffs. No big game and no one will buy tags. No money coming in to support any of the projects or the wolves. Of course this is worst case. I with JSTUART when my family is on the menu then I would kill anything and everything that is a threat.

IC B2

zxc Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The moose and deer population is down in our area, this is mostly due to wolves and black bears. There are less people in the bush these days what with the super efficient logging practices, young people just can't afford to get out due to wallyworld wages and split shifts, also the decline in good paying jobs.
Years ago you were allowed to kill 5 black bears per year, this was cut to 2 bears and all edible portions removed to your place. This really was/is hard on the moose calf population. Winters are less harsh than they have been for some time , this has allowed the wolf population to increase, hard on moose and deer populations.
Needless to say wolves are shot on sight, black bear regulations need to change as well.

E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Fur, can you sell the fur?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If the people in the east want to see wolves reintroduced why don't they do it in the east so they could see the wolves more often? There was more than one reason the large predators were eradicated or heavily controlled here in the west. Most of the reason was to cut back on the live stock which was lost to the larger predators. It takes a lot of meat to sustain a pack of wolves, a family of coyotes, bobcats, lynx, mountain lions, bears of any kind, and wolverines. When you add them all together they take a large toll on deer, elk, moose, and bison. All of these predators can and will take their share of domesticated animals too if we give them the opportunity. That includes humans too.

Last edited by mtnsnake; 02/20/14.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Our ancestors didn't get rid of them because they were nice to live with.

Exactly right, Sir!

While it is not on the same level as the wolf problem, we are fighting this "reintroction" problem with the Lousiana Black Bear. Our bear has been gone for years, so they are bringing down Arkansas problem bears to breed and multiply. These are bigger bears than our native Louisiana version and we have very little public land in Louisiana. So they are basically dumping out bears on small patches of public land, knowing full well they will roam to the thousands of tracts of surrounding private land. The kicker is that you can't do anything as a landowner. The bear doesn't belong in north Louisiana in 2014, as he is a nuisance and the landowners don't want him, but Big Brother stuck us with him and is telling us to get used to it......

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The reason they want the wolves out west is because they don't OWN any land to put them on, so they put them on public land.

Liberals think they have the key to gate with "public lands"...but in reality, they don't pay taxes or buy licenses to support public land. They are just ignorant leaches, and behave as such.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I haven't watched the sportsman channel in six months --and will never watch it again --it makes me sick.

90% of the show are pathetic.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

625 members (1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 160user, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 57 invisible), 2,380 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,832
Posts18,478,014
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.