Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

having a gun in the house increases your chances of not being billed $200 for two aspirin..
I just had an idea, after reading that sentence..

When the patient gets home, take two aspirin from their bottle, bring them to the doc and say, "I'm returning these two for a refund."

grin

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
when the survey political girl asked me last evening if we owned a gun

I responded "honey you called an Alaskan number, are you gonna ask next if it ever gets cold here? Those moose don't just march into the freezer yaknow"

turns out all she wanted was a yes or no, who knew? lol

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I believe the NRA lost this one, and it may have been a precedent for the country.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/20...banning-doctors-from-asking-about-guns/#

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
It's part of a new federal requirement. It will become part of your electronic medical record which the Feds will have access too. Lot's of new charting requirements. My wife's a PA and is having to do all sorts of things to keep of with the new federal requirements. She hardly works anymore but is always getting calls from the urgent care she fills in at on occasion to come in and fill out some new paperwork.

She has also been required to move to electronic charting and had to electronically order so many scripts within a time frame. If information is power then this government is grabbing lots of it.

Bb

I can't find any such federal law. You got a link to something that supports this?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eh76
Part of the obamacare issue. Had a nurse ask me that when we got a new doctor after the old one left. She started in with the questions, I cut it short by asking her what her favorite sexual position was...she looked shocked and I just replied turnabout is fair play. You get to ask a question then I do wink

Some things are just none of others people's business.

Yep, ^ , O-care.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pira114
In doing some reading on this the last time it came up, I'm pretty sure it came from some "continued training" the docs receive at seminars and such.

In other words, no law or gov agency requested it, but rather some medical research group thought it would be a good idea to ask. Then included it in their training and lectures, and some docs bought it and the smart ones didn't.

It was questioning promoted by the anti gun AMA.

NRA Lifetime Member
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by pira114

Interesting. Personally, I've never left my kids alone with a doctor for any reason

Same here. I've even gotten into an argument with my kid's last dentist. They tried to tell me I wasn't allowed to watch my kids get their teeth cleaned,it was "against their policy".

I told them it was against my policy to leave my kids with some yahoo I don't know. Turns out my policy is more strictly enforced than their policy. smile

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bea175
My Doctor always brings the Newest Pistol he has purchased to his office with him when i have an appointment, so he can show it to me, he then ask me what I'm carrying today and for me to let him look at it .

That's how it'd be at my office, Bob grin

We just had training on a new software / electronic medical record system, and lo and behold there was the "guns" question tucked in there along with all manner of other personal schidt I'd never ask a patient without a really, really, really good reason. Why is it there - ostensibly, insurance-driven. Reality - I don't know, but it's no stretch at all to imagine the information being mis-used at a future point in time. Suffice to say, won't be participating in that bullschidt. Patients are welcome to bring their latest unloaded toy, what the hell, compared to the jibber jabber I hear all day it's a breath of fresh air.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Waders
A friend of mine just informed me that he was asked by his doctor's office if he had any guns in his home.
This is not new. I remember being asked this stuff at least 10 years ago by my kids pediatrician. Standard answer was always, "Nope."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by sandcritter
Originally Posted by bea175
My Doctor always brings the Newest Pistol he has purchased to his office with him when i have an appointment, so he can show it to me, he then ask me what I'm carrying today and for me to let him look at it .

That's how it'd be at my office, Bob grin

We just had training on a new software / electronic medical record system, and lo and behold there was the "guns" question tucked in there along with all manner of other personal schidt I'd never ask a patient without a really, really, really good reason. Why is it there - ostensibly, insurance-driven. Reality - I don't know, but it's no stretch at all to imagine the information being mis-used at a future point in time. Suffice to say, won't be participating in that bullschidt. Patients are welcome to bring their latest unloaded toy, what the hell, compared to the jibber jabber I hear all day it's a breath of fresh air.

Need more like you! Our home grown Docs have long since retired. All we seem to get now is libtard imports. Which is why I am liking this cold nasty winter....weeds them out smile

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Raeford
If you are going to answer it, I would just say something like: they're not at HOME, I have them all on me now.

If I'm ever questioned I'll reply..............NOYGDB!!!!!

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
1.) Don't give the nurse, PA, or front office person in a Medical office a GFY, they don't deserve that. They aren't making the rules. They are required to ask, and are in breach of the law if they don't. They don't want to get fired for not doing what is required. 99% don't care, they are just doing what they must do. Same for the MD. 99% don't care. Here in Georgia, most MD's have guns. I hunt and shoot with a bunch of them.

2.) I see no reason that you couldn't decline to answer that with a polite "I don't talk about such things".

3.) Just say "no" and get over it.

4.) Vote the Libs out of office, and if you live in a conservative district, work and or support those in other areas/states that have contested seats.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
you bet here in California they also ask the kids when they go too see the doctor no bs son brought the form over too me and said dad wtf I tell them too just say no and leave it at that.........

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Hell....

Two of the Doctors who performed surgery on me were avid hunters. One showed me photos of his African safari and the other is a dedicated bird hunter. In fact he purchased a Model 21 Double from a gun trader friend of mine. He and I would laugh about not owning enough guns or flyrods.

I guess my part of the country is a whole different from modern day urban America.

Happy Trails!
NRA Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by akpls
A friend of mine just informed me that he was asked by his doctor's office if he had any guns in his home.
This is not new. I remember being asked this stuff at least 10 years ago by my kids pediatrician. Standard answer was always, "Nope."

Same here.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ask them if they or anyone in their household ever performed or had an abortion.

I'm better when I move.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by akpls

I also was asked several years ago, and this was way before any obamacare.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had one of my doctors offer to loan me his T/C Contender to hunt with.

I agree with hatari - Be polite it goes a long way.

There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor polite, nor popular -- but one must ask, "Is it right?"

Martin Luther King, Jr.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've just spent 70 days in the hospitals, was seen by 'only the Lord knows' how many doctors, and never once did any of them ask me if I had guns in my house.

(Of course, when your in the hospital for falling out of a deer stand, it might be a stupid question) crazy

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I didn't read all the replies so if I missed something , me bad . I don't remember the question being part of O'care but think it is part or one of the orders O put in effect after the Newtown shootings to help deal with the metal healthe issue. So your answer may be put in your medicial file and if you are EVER perscribed any mential health drug (depression , anxiety ect. or maybe as simple as sleep disorder , one could be deammed unfit to own a gun . be very aware how onw answers any question that is put "on file " these days .

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (01Foreman400, 1badf350, 22250rem, 1Longbow, 160user, 10Glocks, 50 invisible), 2,153 guests, and 1,173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,235
Posts18,504,442
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.