Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
anyone ever had something shipped by a seller on armslist? found some optics i may be interested in. they said they could ship them. just wondering if anyones been scammed or lost money or heard of someone losin money on there

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There are plenty of scams around. I have bought and sold many times on armslist with no problems, but it should be face to face.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Recently completed a good rifle deal on Armslist via email..flawless without a hitch.

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Go buy a lottery ticket..PDQ

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
i found a heck of a deal on something.but it almost seems to good to b true. so im a little hesitant

IC B2

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
If it's local, and you can meet face to face, then you're probably okay. However, if you have to mail $$$$ to someone blindly, and have no assurance, then a solid "maybe"

I've made some great sales and buys over Armslist. I almost always talk with the person over the phone first. You gotta protect yourself.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A few years ago (2011), somebody on this forum mentioned an Armslist ad that sounded too good to be true: SAKO L579, 7mm-08 Pacnor tube, MacMillan stock, Leupold rings, ammo, $550.

I immediately checked it out and discovered that my cousin lived about 10 miles from the guy. While people on the forum were debating whether it was legit, my cousin contacted the guy, went to his house, and bought the rifle (for me). Two mule deer and two whitetails later, I still think it's one of my best gun deals.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I've found several deals locally but when asked to meet FTF for the sale they clam up and I haven't heard from them again. Maybe there afraid that I'm a fraud or maybe going to hurt them I don't know. I've had good experiences but lately it's been a bit sketchy!!

Here are 3 deals lately that I have emailed and confirmed the gun was still for sale but, when asked when we could meet so I could purchase it they never respond back.

Tikka T3 Stainless .300 WSM with 3.5-10 Conquest 550.00

Remington BDL Wood Blued with a VXIII 3.5-10X40 500.00

Tikka T3 Stainless .223 no glass 450.00

All had nice pictures etc...

"If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?"
Vince Lombardi
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I recently saw a really clean Husqvarna 30/06 FS on ArmsList and it had pictures as well. Only problem was the pictures were from one of my Husqvarna's that I sold here several years ago..

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've probably done 10 deals on the armslist that involved shipping. So far so good. A phone goes a long way when feeling out a deal.

IC B3

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by RDFinn
I recently saw a really clean Husqvarna 30/06 FS on ArmsList and it had pictures as well. Only problem was the pictures were from one of my Husqvarna's that I sold here several years ago..

^^^^^^^
Now that's funny Roy!!!

"If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?"
Vince Lombardi
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
He'll, I can rarely ever get anyone to contact me back on things I have inquired about. Seems pretty much a waste of time to me.

K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
you are pretty much protected if u do the transaction through paypal tho right?

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by killindeer
you are pretty much protected if u do the transaction through paypal tho right?

No arms or arms related items are supposed to be purchased through Paypal. They look for keywords.

K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
a scope?

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by killindeer
a scope?

Optics are not listed in their policy. What's interesting is all EBay payments go through Paypal and you can buy gun parts there.

"What is PayPal�s policy on transactions that involve firearms?

PayPal prohibits all account holders from buying or selling any type of firearm and certain firearm parts and ammunition.

Firearms � Include all rifles, shotguns, and handguns, whether they are intended for use in sporting, as collectibles, or as curio and relic firearms. These items are prohibited regardless of their present working order.

Firearm parts - Include, but are not limited to, receivers and frames, silencers, kits designed to convert a firearm to automatic firing capability, high capacity magazines, multi-burst trigger activators, and camouflaging firearm containers.

Ammunition - Includes ammunition with propellant, such as gunpowder or blank ammunition. Ammunition is defined as ammunition or cartridge cases, primers, bullets, or propellant powder designed for any firearm.

Stun guns - For U.S. residents, PayPal allows transactions for stun guns only if the transaction is permitted by law in both the buyer's and seller's jurisdictions. U.S. sellers must ensure that each transaction is legal in both locations before completing the sale. Transactions for stun guns involving account holders outside the U.S. are prohibited.

Other Related Items � PayPal allows transactions for paintball guns, blank guns, and air-soft guns as permitted by law in the applicable jurisdiction. These items must display all markings required by law, must not be convertible to shoot a lethal projectile, and must not include blank ammunition"

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I personaly would only do face to face on Armslist. In the past month I've found 3 rifles listed on Armslist using pictures and descriptions from Gunbroker auctions. Usually they're in a different state and are priced to move. I'm sure there are good people on there, but it is full of scams. Buyer beware!

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
yea i duno. i kinda got a strange feeling about it

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Example

Gunbroker Sako

Armslist Sako

Who would you trust?

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Yep, but the scams are pretty easy to spot. Too good to be true probably is. Just copy and paste the headline into google and you will find it was snagged of GB or other auction sites. Have had mostly good luck FTF. Talk on phone first and meet in VERY public place
Bought a very nice Beretta 92G Brigadier Elite at a nice price yesterday from Armslist seller.

Last edited by Cruiser1; 02/27/14.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

160 members (2UP, 44mc, 264mag, 338rcm, 2500HD, 18 invisible), 1,616 guests, and 1,070 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,965
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.