-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 133 of 138 1 2 131 132 133 134 135 137 138
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Dats no kidding, and its not to mention all the planning, logistics, and hours waiting at the airport to give a visiting Montanan a ride.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB1

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by hicountry
Really...Tom, Bob and Dan went way over the top in their generosity...

==============

Tony...since I no longer imbibe, I was simply going to gift it to my hunting buddies for a "opening day pass around in camp till it's done" kind of thing. If you're out, you and your lovely wife and friends can knock out one of the two bottles...with my blessings.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Dan and I did nothing the other 28 guys wouldn't have done for the group. You saw it with Joe for your return flight. That pulled venison with a bite Joe made was frikken good. Kentucky is populated by some fine men.

Dan, Pat, Steve, Allen and myself simply have it down to a easy planning science since we've done it so many times.

Getting you to camp was my pleasure,Tom. Next time I'll get a bigger SUV. I had no idea you were as big as the other three Gigantors in camp.

Oh yeah, almost forgot...happy to hear about Rommel. I knew you were carrying that weight and I'm glad it turned out well. I trust he's back in full regal swing.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'll keep the 'pies for a future gathering of the campfire
brotherhood.

Tony

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Deal.

William Arthur Ward

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Strive,Pat and ole pugs also put in way more than their fair share.

Counting days till hog fest 2015

Tony

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I told you you'd be sorry that you missed the earlier outings. Talk Sam into going with us next year.

I'll give you a shout for turkey hunting out at the farm in Warrenton. It's loaded with them. It will also give you a chance to check out the property for some Fall deer hunting.

William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by isaac

Dan, Pat, Steve, Allen and myself simply have it down to a easy planning science since we've done it so many times.

Some of you guys have a born gift for organization and planning, and the rest of us benefit mightily from it. I'm grateful for everything you've done. Sorry I didn't get up at 5:00 to wave goodbye on Sunday morning, though.

And if Steve posted here a little more often, we could thank him a little more for all the behind-the-scene stuff he does, not only during the hunt, but well beforehand as well. What a terrific gentleman he is.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Sorry I didn't get up at 5:00 to wave goodbye on Sunday morning, though.
============

I was up at 3 to walk the dog.

William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Sorry I didn't get up at 5:00 to wave goodbye on Sunday morning, though.
============

I was up at 3 to walk the dog.

Well, I'm glad I missed that.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'll take up up on that Bob.....

Tony

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Well fellows sounds like a Banner Hunt this year, how about a few more pics? did anyone get a group pic? I realy hope to make it one of these times. like to have a drink or too with the gang, how many took hogs this year?

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Dan and I did nothing the other 28 guys wouldn't have done for the group. You saw it with Joe for your return flight. That pulled venison with a bite Joe made was frikken good. Kentucky is populated by some fine men.

Getting you to camp was my pleasure,Tom. Next time I'll get a bigger SUV. I had no idea you were as big as the other three Gigantors in camp.

Oh yeah, almost forgot...happy to hear about Rommel. I knew you were carrying that weight and I'm glad it turned out well. I trust he's back in full regal swing.

Steve and Pugs sure did a lot of the logistics, and the actual hard work! All of you are class acts for sure. Thanks again for everything, including your concern, at a time when you had little concern to spare.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I really don't recall a group photo.

Then again I lost quite a few brain cells during that stretch...

It was waaaaayyy too much fun !!!

Tony

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Glad to hear Rommel is doing good.

What a great name for a German Shepard.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by hicountry
Dans '11 was nice, sounds like it was good I didn't get to finger the Baer..

Tony

laugh laugh Careful there. LOL

Gunner

Trump Won!
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Jerry...those plum preserves rock,man.

Please make sure your lovely wife knows I appreciate her effort.

My stepson lathered it over a English muffin topped with some stuff my wife and son love called Nutella.

Thank you. Thanks to your wife.

William Arthur Ward

I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I
Originally Posted by saddlering
Well fellows sounds like a Banner Hunt this year, how about a few more pics? did anyone get a group pic? I realy hope to make it one of these times. like to have a drink or too with the gang, how many took hogs this year?

I think evryone took a pig? 29 of us? Well everyone but Bob still didn't find his plaid pig grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've been searching my ass off for the good doctor's 7x57.

I didn't discuss prices with the doc since he wasn't near ready to part ways from that beauty but I have specially set aside 350 bucks to quickly pick one up if it avails itself. Even told the M.D. I'd throw in a prenup. Ingrate!

I don't know if I can wait out sandcritter so if any of you find one, please let me know straight away. And don't buy it first expecting to make more money off of me.

Yeah, I know how you boys roll!

Bob, just pm me your digits and if another BRNO Mannlicher shows up, by all means would buzz you. Perhaps we trade the finders fee for the prenup.

Was just down at the same honey hole this AM debating how much I wanted a particular old Suhl shotgun(s) vs. other priorities... (Other priorities won this time).

P.s. remember, don't care who did what... can live in a tent, but certain old rifles and shotguns stay with me.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Jerry...those plum preserves rock,man.

Please make sure your lovely wife knows I appreciate her effort.

My stepson lathered it over a English muffin topped with some stuff my wife and son love called Nutella.

Thank you. Thanks to your wife.

She's sitting right behind me Bob, I called her over to read your post and she said it was her pleasure and you are MOST welcome. smile

Gunner

Trump Won!
Page 133 of 138 1 2 131 132 133 134 135 137 138

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

88 members (257_X_50, 21, 2ndwind, 41rem, 12 invisible), 2,346 guests, and 1,003 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,779
Posts18,536,015
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.