Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One down so many left to go!

NRA Lifetime Member

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
A bud of mine lives in the Davis Mountains of West Texas and had trouble with javelina digging in his yard. He nailed one behind the ear with a Ruger 177 pellet gun. He said it made about 5 yards before rolling over.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Looks like the pellet hit the woof in the heart artery.

It's pretty evident wolves like to kill coyotes and other food chain competitors. Why one would contemplate they can distinguish a dog from a wolf is a real stretch concerning the smartest of canines. They apparently like the taste of dog.

I know my bird dog can tell the difference in a coyote and another dog by the way she chomps and shakes the ones which come after her and get shot on coyote hunts.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Those wolves sure do look like coyotes!

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I found a study that was not real well publicized. By Bill Ripple, who is way to the wolfy left, big on "carnivore restoration." They concluded that in areas occupied by wolves, there's only a sixth the ungulates (cervidae: deer, elk MOOSE) that there are where no wolves are present.
Imagine that....
Look at the size of the Yellowstone elk decline, it washes well with Ripple's junk --

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Must've accidently stepped in front of some youngster who was carefully target practicing with his new Red Ryder

....or at least been up close as in right there.

IIRC it was Wyoming where a ranch lady shot a wolf right off their front porch. Turns out it was a female in heat in an area with as yet few wolves, and the ranchers owned a male rat terrier.

Birdwatcher

If I was that rat terrier, I'd be the talk of the town! smile

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Common practice in Upper Michigan is to shoot the woof and then remove the collar and attach it to a stick large enough to float. Then they toss said stick into the river and let it float away from the carcass......just sayin.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
I found a study that was not real well publicized. By Bill Ripple, who is way to the wolfy left, big on "carnivore restoration." They concluded that in areas occupied by wolves, there's only a sixth the ungulates (cervidae: deer, elk MOOSE) that there are where no wolves are present.
Imagine that....
Look at the size of the Yellowstone elk decline, it washes well with Ripple's junk --

How about a link to this article.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
what a nice thing to wake up to this morning... another dead wolf.... Now I am going to try and go kill some fish with my son....

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 63 invisible), 2,424 guests, and 1,244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,444
Posts18,489,584
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.