-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's a half million pound (+ or -) aircraft that would be difficult to land on a crude runway without causing major damage.

In technical terms ...

You could git 'er down but she may not git back up.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
OK Fish head does this make you feel better??

[Linked Image]

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
This thread needs an "Official Jet Airliner Song."

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TexasPhotog

If it was pilot suicide, he could have just nosed it over en route. It makes no sense to make a hard turn and fly on evasively for several hours.

*If* it was suicide, why not simply take an OD, or step off a tall building? I suspect that anybody who is prepared to kill hundreds of innocent people is so twisted mentally that their idea of whats logical/justified is radically different to yours or mine..

The benifit of crashing it into the Indian Ocean would be the difficulty/delays in the authorities finding and retriving the wreckage.

The other reason is simply "why not?"..A simple reprogram of the flight computers/auto pilot has the plane heading in a different direction..the pilot/crew could have actually been dead shortly after instigating the new course if that was the "plan"..

As far as landing and hiding the plane is concerned, it doesn't have to be at an airport. It wouldn't be horribly hard to make a crude strip in a desert in a remote area and/or private property. The plane could also land on a straight highway and might even be able to land on some dry lake beds. If rogue Pakis were involved, they may have a runway, hanger and fuel at their disposal.

Some taking-head from BA says they would need about 1600yards to get the plane down and there quite a few islands in the regions which have beaches long enough, not to mention make shift strips in the deserts ect. However, the chances of getting a plane down on an unfamiliar improvised strip at night would be very difficult indeed. It would take a huge logistical effort to prepare such a strip plus any infracstructure needed to hide or refuel the plane and if they intended on the plane being able to take off again would need a considerably longer strip....

While I think a Nation State might be able to do it and keep it all secret, I doubt terrorists could get away with it without appearing on various intellegence agencies radars..

If the plane's new owners can refuel it, they have a guided missile with enormous capacity and an 8800 mile range.

Surely it would be more effective to buy an old plane on the QT through a shell company? Now, every country in the region is on alert and will be until this plan is found..Of course, that might be part of the plan with this dissapearence being a deliberately staged distraction to some other event thats in the offing..

Last edited by Pete E; 03/18/14.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pete E

I suspect its crashed somewhere in the Indian Oceaan..I am leaning towards "pilot suicide" but we might be doing the crew a grave injustice..

If it was pilot suicide, he could have just nosed it over en route. It makes no sense to make a hard turn and fly on evasively for several hours.

As far as landing and hiding the plane is concerned, it doesn't have to be at an airport. It wouldn't be horribly hard to make a crude strip in a desert in a remote area and/or private property. The plane could also land on a straight highway and might even be able to land on some dry lake beds. If rogue Pakis were involved, they may have a runway, hanger and fuel at their disposal.

If the plane's new owners can refuel it, they have a guided missile with enormous capacity and an 8800 mile range.

Your thoughts on this, Jorge?

Highways and roads aren't designed to carry that kind of weight and if they did try to land on a highway, it would have crashed on landing. You've got to remember this is a huge aircraft that weighs over 600k lbs and would not hold up to an off runway landing.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Pete E

I suspect its crashed somewhere in the Indian Oceaan..I am leaning towards "pilot suicide" but we might be doing the crew a grave injustice..

Your thoughts on this, Jorge?

Certainly plausible. At this point there's just not enough dots connected to run with it. Although I just heard on the news there were reports of a low flying large commercial jet over the Maldives right at 0630...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fish head
Here's a theory that makes sense.

They know where the plane was when it went missing. That's indisputable and there's no reason to question this "fact".

The Thai's supposedly picked it up six minutes later headed on a different course. The Malaysians supposedly tracked it too. One thing though that I haven't heard is complete radar info including time, altitude, location, and heading.

The aircraft supposedly went up then down but why is there no data on location and heading when it went up and down?

They supposedly have a distance from the satellite but why only one ping and one radius? They should have picked up multiple pings over the hours it was pinging and have different radiuses.

Here's the deal. If they had all of the above radar and satellite data, and it was complete, then why in the hell can't somebody figure time, distance, estimated speed, location, heading, and draw lines and circles on a map, and then connect the dots?

Here's another way they figure could the location/heading of the plane if the satellite data is correct. If you use the last known location, time of the ping, the radius of possible locations, and then use time of flight and estimated speed(s) you'd narrow the location at a given time waaaaaay down. It would not be an area from the far north to the far south and everything in between.

*** You'd have to assume it traveled in straight line to be reasonably accurate.

There's some really bad info circulating.

Does that make sense?

Just in on the Kelley File ...

They're now saying that the ACARS system was shut off and the last ping received was about the same time they lost contact with the plane.

So, all of the pinging data from the satellite after that is ...

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They are also now saying Thailand knew or knows something and did not divulge.

WTH????

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I smell fishes.

Somebody(s) is hiding something.

Last edited by fish head; 03/18/14.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Certainly, there are people with info that are hiding it. The question is, why? What is there possibly to be gained by all of it?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here's one more thing to consider ...

If you were a passenger(s) with plans to hijack an airplane when/where would you do it?

If you were in the cockpit when/where would you do it?

Hmmmm ... ???

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just to be clear ... Would it matter where the passenger crew are and more importantly the isle carts?

There's a difference between everybody settling in and getting up to altitude and settling in on a flight path.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Is it possible that the pilot, knowing the plane was being hijacked, set the autopilot on a course for a random coordinate out in the ocean so that the hijackers could not use the plane to crash into a target? That would assume that the hijackers were not sophisticated enough to understand the autopilot system and figured they would control the aircraft by controlling the pilot....maybe a bit far fetched...

The news tonight reported that the course was altered manually by someone experienced in the flight controls....got me thinking.....and that's always a danger...

Eat moose, burn spruce
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Certainly, there are people with info that are hiding it. The question is, why? What is there possibly to be gained by all of it?

Whoever knows what they know is because they had eyes where they shouldn't had and if they spill the beans, it will open up a can of worms.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
You can use google maps to see Madagascar, Somalia, Yemen. there's a lot of airstrips that could handle it.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
If pilot suicide, why take out 238 others? If mass murder, why stop at 238 souls? He could have crashed into a Chinese building on approach.

No, something more sinister is afoot.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by FlaRick
Here's a much more believable and simple theory. One of the religion of peace pilots decided he wanted to kill himself and take hundreds of innocents along with him. The psycho mass murderer also wanted his surviving family members to get full death benefits for their loss. Accordingly, he took steps to make sure that there was no proof of what he had done.

More evidence that the muslim pilot{s) did it.

The timing of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370's change of direction is a focal point of the investigation into its disappearance, and it appears the passenger jet was programmed to steer off course before the pilots signed off with air traffic control...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/19/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-flight-path-change/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

I'm better when I move.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by fish head

Somebody(s) is hiding something.

Yes. It's called an airplane...

Did you move to Oregon recently?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

449 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 16gage, 257_X_50, 1Longbow, 22kHornet, 54 invisible), 2,414 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,743
Posts18,495,111
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.