Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Deflave, I can understand you being pissed that you got your azz tossed out of the great state of Texas bro! You can come visit me.

I'm not bitter.

Not the first buncha gals I had to let down.

Thank you for the invite.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
HR IC

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Boolits matter farrrrrrrrr more than headstamps,despite the Imagination and Pretend of The Hay Bale & Crockett Faction.

Though of course...poor poor stupid [bleep] JG could dangle a few barbed-wire pics and elaborate upon why she is such an amazingly clueless [bleep]. That despite her Imagination preparing her for the Pretend requisite,to "think" she has a [bleep] clue in the first place. Laffin'!

Funny schit!

The ONLY people who "think" killing Critters is difficult,is them who ain't killed many Critters. On pins & needles waiting for someone to "tell" me all about boolits too!(grin)

Joe Average and The Paper Hat Brigade,ain't a barometer of much of anything,despite perpetually doing their "best" to convince themselves otherwise.

Much to their chagrin,good boolits,in good locations,reliably do GREAT things.

Hint

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter

Yes, I found the game, but just because I found the deer or antelope, doesn't mean in my book the caliber did a suitable job..

I've had the same experiences, more with bullets than cartridge.

Just because you killed the game and recovered it/them does NOT mean the cartridge OR bullet performed properly.

+ 2

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Be it heavy or light, It's not what you shoot, but how well you shoot it.

All the rest is just mouth.

There ya have it!

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
[quote=Boxer]Boolits matter farrrrrrrrr more than headstamps,despite the Imagination and Pretend of The Hay Bale & Crockett Faction.

Though of course...poor poor stupid [bleep] JG could dangle a few barbed-wire pics and elaborate upon why she is such an amazingly clueless [bleep]. That despite her Imagination preparing her for the Pretend requisite,to "think" she has a [bleep] clue in the first place. Laffin'!

Funny schit!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Boxer:

Its been a while, but now I find one of your stupid posts. JG, is a good guy and
he does know what he is talking about.

Have you been out picking up those rotten salmon along the river, and cooking them
up in your nightly stew? Those things are not good for you and will give you
headaches.

By the way, I have seen the words DRT on this thread, what does that mean?

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Femboy1,

It's your Imagination,Pretend with it however you please.

I'll feign my "surprise",that even someone as [bleep] as stupid as you...KNOWS better than to try and discuss anything in regards to The Rifle. Congratulations?!?

JG is a blathering clueless [bleep],who's "experience" is encompassed in barbed-wire and gates. Now I would not disparage the inherent hilarity,of that poor poor stupid [bleep]'s sheer and utter cluelessness,or your's. Laffin'!

Feel free to "tell" me all about Feeshin',should you think you'd fare better there in that genre. Laffin'!

Kudos for having the keen "intellect",to be oblivious to DRT too. Looking forward to another of your Whines and added compilation of the amazingly long list of things you do not know. Laffin'!

WOW +P+!

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Boxer:

I am sorry I responded to your post.

You seem to be an angry little man, and I do hope you can get some help.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Dead Right There.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Femboy1,

Sweetie...you were sorry,long before the response. Congratulations?!?

Prolly an exceedingly GOOD [bleep] call,to run away from ALL things The Rifle and Feeshin' to boot. Laffin'!

Looking forward to your next Whine and more Pretend,as you perpetually talk out your ass,in regards to the things you know the least about. I'd tell you to simply shut the [bleep] up and take notes,but you are too stupid to even do that "much".

Here's to the hilarity of your "best"...being soooooooo far offa the mark. Laffin'!

Bless your heart.

'seller,

Yes...she certainly is.(grin)

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I've enjoyed reading this thread the last few days. Too bad the site's official "turd in the punchbowl" has decided to show up and ruin it for everyone.

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.
IC B3

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by TATELAW
I've enjoyed reading this thread the last few days. Too bad the site's official "turd in the punchbowl" has decided to show up and ruin it for everyone.

+1. The dude is a pooh boy.

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The 270 and 30-06 are just boring. They simply work. Any that says they are gay or do not work are FOS. Simple as that.

An appropriate bullet in the right place solves a lot of problems, and ends a lot of discussions.

Arcus Venator
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
TATE',

Hell...I reckon I enjoy your Whining,[bleep] nearly as much as you do. You poor poor clueless kchunt. Laffin'!

Fortunately for all,there really ain't much,that you won't Whine about. Congratulations?!?! I'll feign my "surprise",that as per your usual,you went wayyyyyy outta your way to skirt all things The Rifle and go right to Whining instead. Laffin'!

Personally,I'm looking forward to your next Whine and mebbe some more fascinating Tales of all the things you almost did,with all the wares you almost had and from all the places you've almost been. Laffin'!

Just how loud is your Imagination,when you shoot it?!?

Bless your heart.

'hunter,

Ain't it a fascinating constant,that you Clueless Kchunts first reaction is to start cramming things in your mouth and ass?!?

Perhaps you and TATE' oughtta swap PM's and align your Axis Of Imagination and really extoll on your Pretend,in unison? Show no mercy,with the collaboration of your collective "experience" and "results". Laffin'!

I'm crying I'm laughing so hard!!

You "hard chargers" are a [bleep] RIOT!

'S,

There is nothing inherently redeeming in either the 270 or '06,save as donor hulls for the good stuff. No reason to barge outta another closet. Laffin'!

I read in F&S,that boolits do in fact matter more than a leetle...'course one would only know that,by flingin' more than a few.

Hint.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Thanks Farmboy, same to 'ya. Like you, it's not worth the time or effort corresponding with that loser. He's too short, drunk, and broke to hunt with me anyway.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jwall

Yes, I found the game, but just because I found the deer or antelope, doesn't mean in my book the caliber did a suitable job..

I've had the same experiences, more with bullets than cartridge.

Just because you killed the game and recovered it/them does NOT mean the cartridge OR bullet performed properly.

+ 2

The only animals, I've had to seriously track to recover, where nothing to do with bullet or cartridge inadequacies.

They were simply bad shots on my part ! "The nut behind the bolt".

Think I may be the first person on this forum to ever admit that !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Be it heavy or light, It's not what you shoot, but how well you shoot it.

All the rest is just mouth.

There ya have it!

AMEN. + 1 to that.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
99, I have shot several antelope with 24's and 25's that were hit in the lungs.. I remember one doe drinking at a little pond.. She was quiet, I put a 100 grain Core loke through both lungs.. She bolted and ran across the prairie for about 200-250 yards.. She was dead on her feet, it was easy to follow the path she took, but there was little if any blood the first hundred yards... Then a few drops.. As I remember, she never did bleed very much.. Now because she was in sight the whole time, it was not a problem.. But a friend and I were hunting and she shot a buck with the .243 about the same place.. He was standing on a small hill.. At the shot, he ran over the hill out of sight.. It was late in the evening, with little blood to follow they looked til dark.. No antelope.. Next morning they found what the coyotes had left.. It was a good shot, but not enough blood for a good trail.. Placement is important, but what you put there is also important.. The rest is just mouth..

Molon Labe
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
99, I have shot several antelope with 24's and 25's that were hit in the lungs.. I remember one doe drinking at a little pond.. She was quiet, I put a 100 grain Core loke through both lungs.. She bolted and ran across the prairie for about 200-250 yards.. She was dead on her feet, it was easy to follow the path she took, but there was little if any blood the first hundred yards... Then a few drops.. As I remember, she never did bleed very much.. Now because she was in sight the whole time, it was not a problem.. But a friend and I were hunting and she shot a buck with the .243 about the same place.. He was standing on a small hill.. At the shot, he ran over the hill out of sight.. It was late in the evening, with little blood to follow they looked til dark.. No antelope.. Next morning they found what the coyotes had left.. It was a good shot, but not enough blood for a good trail.. Placement is important, but what you put there is also important.. The rest is just mouth..

You had a bullet failure there, not a cartridge failure.

I've seen the same darned thing happen with '06s, 7mm Mags, and a bunch of other rounds. If you're shooting crappy bullets, it doesn't really matter what you use. If you want DRT performance, shoot for bone. JFC people, this isn't that complicated.

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
prairie goat, the bullet went the completely though.. I have had this experience more that several times with my 243's and 25's.. Mostly beyond 200 yards, this was the only one that acted this way on a close shot.. I admit a bone shot is a killer, that is mostly what I go for, but to me there is more than placement to consider when shooting game..
Oddly, I have never had this type of experience when shooting .22 calibers.. Most of the big game I shot with a .22 cal was with the .22-250 class of rifle.. But we also used the Hornet, .223 and 222. They always worked fine.. But with each shot I kind of held my breath. I was not certain of the out come.. I also never had an animal run like the one mentioned.. One of my favorite bullets was the old 55 grain Serria HPBT.. When I shot most of my game with the .22 calibers, I was hunting areas with lots of game, and I was under no pressure to take a risky shot..
It seems to me this is something folks don't consider when discussing caliber. In Montana with a 5 or 6 week deer season, you are probably under no pressure to take a marginal shot.. Same in Texas, or Alabama or other states.. Not all folks have that season.. I love fooling with all calibers.. In the future I am sure I will shoot some game with my .22's, but I would probably not carry my .22-250 as my only rifle when mule deer hunting.. I don't see enough truly big bucks to not want to take any reasonable shot.. I don't want to cripple an animal of any kind..
To me it is too simple just to say placement is the key.. It is important.. But what you put there is important also.. I have never had this kind of experience with a 7mm caliber or above..
Maybe others have, I know crazy things happen when a guy is shooting.. I also know you have reasons for your ideas also.. I can't look at it as a bullet failure when I did have an exit.. BUT I AM SURE IF I HAD MADE A HIGH SHOULDER SHOT SHE WOULD HAVE DROPPED ON THE SPOT.. NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT.. It has come to be my favorite shot..

Molon Labe
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

The only animals, I've had to seriously track to recover, where nothing to do with bullet or cartridge inadequacies.

They were simply bad shots on my part ! "The nut behind the bolt".

Think I may be the first person on this forum to ever admit that !

No, you're not the only one. I snuck up to within 15 freaking yards of a huge 190" muley buck, and completely whiffed 5 times, from 40-300 yds, with a 7mag.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (1badf350, 1minute, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 007FJ, 52 invisible), 2,256 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,039
Posts18,500,735
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.