Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 40 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 39 40
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Do you realize how bad this looks to the anti-hunting community? When you post up crap like this, it just adds to their fodder against us.

Let me get this straight... Shoot a bear in the ass. Bear suffers all night, then someone else finished him off. Pose like you are actually the responsible party for killing the bear. Drag the bear across the rocks with a winch until his hide is ruined. Post hero shots on multiple forums, so everybody knows what a badass you are. Then get pizzed when people call you on it.

This turns me off to hunters; let alone someone on the fence.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I remember a similar goat [bleep] from a few months back where a guy wounded a bull elk, passed another bigger one up because it was 40 degrees, drove 40 hours straight to a place that a biologist told him to check out while on his way through the state, etc. Since he wasn't highly unpopular like safariman has become after his classified fiascos, he was not just given a pass, quite a few members congratulated him and talked about what a bad azz he is. Funny how chit like that works.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If he was using the UBER fast BIG Bore schit, he deserved a pass.

It's that awesome.

Have Dog

Will Travel

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by wageslave
Holy Smokes,
just saw the tale scattered over (oops, I mean ALL over) the forum.

1. Saw a bear at a friends spot.
2. Ass shot bear with uber unit.
3. Phoned a friend.
4. Went home.
5. Came back with another friend.
6. Friend found bear.
7. Friend killed bear.
8. Friend took hero shots of me.
9. Friend hauled bear.
10. Friend gutted bear.
11. Friend skinned bear.
12. I wrote up multiple entries on internet forums of my awesomeness.
13. I was voted a badass mutherphoucer......

by me.

Well written.

He didn't kill anything. He just wounded an animal and then had to call a guide to come in and clean up his mess.

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Since you bastids have been so hard on my large bore, uber fast bear wounder today, I have acquired a reamer to make the worlds greatest bear slaying rifle.........
The .416 Gladiator Maximus.
4,000,000 FPS.
I see every shot in my scope.
I am still the awesomest.
You are not.

I will post this on numerous forms, to share my stud-ly-ness.
You are welcome.

Love in Christ,
UBER

Have Dog

Will Travel

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Ever seen any in person?

A brown bear? Yeah, at twelve yards, standing on his hind legs.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Did you ass shoot it, then go for coffee?

Have Dog

Will Travel

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Did you ass shoot it, then go for coffee?

Since we were up in a draw off of the highest ridge on Hinchinbrook Island, no. My buddy center-punched him right in the sternum with an 8mm mag. He still ran 75 or so yards and had to be shot two more times to keep from crawling into a creek

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Safariman: I have had some problems shooting at distance. I try to get as close as possible but last year shot from 450 for several reasons not the least of which as needing to fill my freezer. I was a few inches back from where I aimed and I believe this to be due to rifle cant. At long distances any angles in your rifle become a factor and you might get a level to attach to your scope for long range shooting as a few inches makes a big difference and it's why bear hunters usually want to be 200 and in. Also their hair length can distort the vital area. Glad you found and salvaged the bear!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Bear skin rug on the way while the old lady is riding around on used tires.

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Mark,
When you say you are thrilled with your fair chase, no bait or hounds bear, what exactly do you mean? Do you look down on the use of bait or hounds? In many places spot and stalk hunting is pretty much impossible.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Another backslap for a total goatfpuck.

This forum is worse than anything on Gaybeard.

Just as a matter of interest, I do not care if the man f_cked the animal to death with a feather pillow, it was his hunt and his story and it is not for me to be a miserable bastard and pick either to pieces.

Thank you for the pictures SM.

PS, JJH...well done fellow.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by jaydub in wi
Mark,
When you say you are thrilled with your fair chase, no bait or hounds bear, what exactly do you mean? Do you look down on the use of bait or hounds? In many places spot and stalk hunting is pretty much impossible.

The answerwas pretty clear, wasn't it?

Bait and hounds = bad.

tow trucks = good.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jaydub in wi
Mark,

NOT IN THE LEAST! I have hunted and shot bears using both methods, and even owned a pack of Walker hounds for a couple of years. Both are honorable and sporting pursuits in my view. I was only mentioning that taking a bear of this size without the use of those helps added, to me, a bit of the sense of accomplishment. But, if I had shot this bear with the use of hounds (a can no longer keep up with hounds or follow them at all these days) I would still be very proud of him.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Another backslap for a total goatfpuck.

This forum is worse than anything on Gaybeard.

Just as a matter of interest, I do not care if the man f_cked the animal to death with a feather pillow, it was his hunt and his story and it is not for me to be a miserable bastard and pick either to pieces.

Thank you for the pictures SM.

PS, JJH...well done fellow.

As to the pictures and story, you are welcome.

More to the point, Thank you for stating the obvious so well. I have never done this to another mans story, I was raised with the motto that if I did not have something nice to say, don't say anything. That there are several folks here who, for a reason totally unknown to me, seem to revel in pounding about any of my posts or threads into a mess. While this is quite fascinating, it is also very sad for these poor souls whose life must not contain very much else to do and certainly nothing positive to dwell upon or do.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by safariman

A really happy JJhack and Safariman together at the bear kill site:

[Linked Image]

Mark, which one is you?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Accomplishment?

You couldn't find it.
Someone else killed it.
You didn't retrieve it.
You didn't gut it.
You didn't skin it.

What did you accomplish again?

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by safariman
Originally Posted by 4ager
If you put in on an open forum, you make it the business of anyone who chooses to read the post.

Interesting perspective. But I find it most curious that only a few feel the need to post thier opinion about my hunt over and over in the same thread. And feed into one another. Always the same 5 or 6 members, in lock step with one another. Most fascinating but also very sad for them to have to entertain themselves in such a miserable manner. Proffessional name calling mud slingers on the internet? How noble and Galant sick

What's so interesting about his perspective?

He's absolutely spot on, you post a hunt report/story on an open forum and you open yourself up to criticism right along with the congratulations. Like it or not, that's the way it works and you know it.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I personally couldn't give a chit how Mark killed the Bear and how he got it out . Let the man tell his story and if you don't like it , then why say anything , just stop reading it, and stop the trashing of him because you don't agree with how this hunt turned out. It was his decision to shoot and sometime perfect bullet placement just doesn't happen. Animals get crippled sometimes regardless of how perfect the shot is or isn't. At least they recovered it and it wasn't left for worm bait.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by bea175
.....if you don't like it , then why say anything , just stop reading it....

You could say this about any post on this forum, but no one, including you, does it.

The definition of a forum is a place where people go to exchange ideas and opinions. By posting on a forum, you are opening yourself up to those opinions both negative and positive.

It's not rocket science, and there are no victims.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 6 of 40 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 39 40

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

316 members (160user, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1badf350, 34 invisible), 1,942 guests, and 929 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,658
Posts18,512,779
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.