-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 40 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 39 40
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It was a chitshow, and his actions in the field and on here make a lot of us look bad.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Maaan, there are some �ber self-righteous types on this thread.

Some days being alive and having the will to go on is a huge accomplishment and my hat is off to those who do. I can't wait to hear from the critics when their bodies and lives are falling apart. I am sure they will still be packing elk out ten miles, all up hill and will have killed them with a slingshot.

I agree with Ranger, this is about something else. Just sayin.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When my body and life is falling apart, I'm not going to be trying stuff I shouldn't be doing. And I'm not going to expect people to give me a pass for being involved in a chitshow of my doing, just because of my condition.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by oldtrapper

Some days being alive and having the will to go on is a huge accomplishment and my hat is off to those who do. I can't wait to hear from the critics when their bodies and lives are falling apart. I am sure they will still be packing elk out ten miles, all up hill and will have killed them with a slingshot.

That's what you took from this? Wow.

I saw no mention from any of the realists of how this hunt should have been done in a tough guy manner.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
When my body and life is falling apart, I'm not going to be trying stuff I shouldn't be doing. And I'm not going to expect people to give me a pass for being involved in a chitshow of my doing, just because of my condition.

You're a schidtshow now.

IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Yet they shower praise upon their gun writer idols for their uberpriced wine&cheese tethered lion hunts.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P

Absolutely.

Being old and in poor shape is no excuse for shooting game in the azz, then coming on the internet and bragging like it was some sort of accomplishment.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
It was a chitshow, and his actions in the field and on here make a lot of us look bad.

So a drunk driver makes everybody who drinks look bad???

FWIW, I doubt Mark would have taken the shot had he not been fairly certain that the bear was as good as dead when he pulled the trigger...I also seriously doubt his choice of attire was picked out in order to "show off" his tats... crazy

You guys that are trying to crucify the man, apparently know VERY little about him...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Personally, if the OP had just posted the thread he did here and left it at that, I wouldn't have commented. When he posted what he did on the Hunting Rifles forum and congratulated himself for using his "Uber-fast 33" he took the whole story from "one man's hunting story" into an entirely different area (discussion of the merits of various chamberings for tough shots on big game) which was his own doing.

To whine about people commenting on that just compounds the foolishness.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by safariman
Originally Posted by jaydub in wi
Mark,
When you say you are thrilled with your fair chase, no bait or hounds bear, what exactly do you mean? Do you look down on the use of bait or hounds? In many places spot and stalk hunting is pretty much impossible.

NOT IN THE LEAST! I have hunted and shot bears using both methods, and even owned a pack of Walker hounds for a couple of years. Both are honorable and sporting pursuits in my view. I was only mentioning that taking a bear of this size without the use of those helps added, to me, a bit of the sense of accomplishment. But, if I had shot this bear with the use of hounds (a can no longer keep up with hounds or follow them at all these days) I would still be very proud of him.

Fair enough. I wasn't trying to pick a fight. Just saying that without bait or hounds it would be very tough to take a bear here.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by safariman
Mark,
When you say you are thrilled with your fair chase, no bait or hounds bear, what exactly do you mean? Do you look down on the use of bait or hounds? In many places spot and stalk hunting is pretty much impossible.

NOT IN THE LEAST! I have hunted and shot bears using both methods, and even owned a pack of Walker hounds for a couple of years. Both are honorable and sporting pursuits in my view. I was only mentioning that taking a bear of this size without the use of those helps added, to me, a bit of the sense of accomplishment. But, if I had shot this bear with the use of hounds (a can no longer keep up with hounds or follow them at all these days) I would still be very proud of him.

Fair enough. I wasn't trying to pick a fight. Just saying that without bait or hounds it would be very tough to take a bear here.

That is very true in many areas. In reality, being able to use bait and or hounds in my opinion allows hunters to be more selctive in which animals they harvest. When I and my hounds have treed a bear in the past, it was easy to tell its size, sometimes its sex, and certainly if there were any cubs around. To a lesser extent by a little bit this is also true of baiting bears. The do gooders who outlaw such things do not take into account that thier actions often cause the demise of smaller bears, female bears etc. simplly due to an excited hunters inability to make a quick distinction on the fly. So far, I have only killed mature male bears, and I hope sincerely to keep this trend going. Good chance of that as this bear may be my last one ever.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by oldtrapper

Sorry. But if I worked with somebody that came to work with these pictures and this story, they would never hear the end of it. Ever.

I would make fun of the story for eternity. You don't need to have animosity toward an individual to see the insane amounts of hypocrisy involved in the telling of this hunt.

Just think of all the possibilities in a workplace:

"The Great Whiter Hunter"

"Uber-mag"

"The Wicked Winch of the West"

"I shot him, but I can't get up".

"Magnum-Man. Guaranteed to [bleep] his buddies. HARD"

I could get so much mileage out of this story. Virtual or otherwise...

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by smokepole
Personally, if the OP had just posted the thread he did here and left it at that, I wouldn't have commented. When he posted what he did on the Hunting Rifles forum and congratulated himself for using his "Uber-fast 33" he took the whole story from "one man's hunting story" into an entirely different area (discussion of the merits of various chamberings for tough shots on big game) which was his own doing.

A few of the negative comments have come from people who thought John Burns was the cats meow...talk about hipocracy...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I don't see the connection. Are you implying that I'm one of those people?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I get sick of everybody making fun of Burns' forehead and tan.

Very immature.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yeah but George and Kramer really crack me up.......

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

See what I mean? Nobody cares his forehead is the size of a Volkswagen and his skin looks like something KFC would sell. I don't understand why everybody has to comment on it?

Travis

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

A few of the negative comments have come from people who thought John Burns was the cats meow...talk about hipocracy...

Nah...Burns is an azzhat of even greater prominence than Safariman.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

Nah...Burns is an azzhat of even greater prominence than Safariman.

That is a matter of opinion but at least he's trained himself to eyeball his turret before he breaks a round, unlike your dumbazz.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by deflave

See what I mean? Nobody cares his forehead is the size of a Volkswagen and his skin looks like something KFC would sell. I don't understand why everybody has to comment on it?

Travis

Your forehead is a foot tall now, and goes all the way back to your cervical area. You've also got a good start on a whiskey nose, at only 36. Keep it up chump.

Page 7 of 40 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 39 40

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

402 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 54 invisible), 2,478 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,645
Posts18,512,528
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.