Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
When my 'Hawks were in the AFC West, I hated the Raiders. They have been so bad for so long now that I can't help but root for them a little bit. I think they may be headed in the right direction, since last year they paid more to players on other teams than to players paying for them.

Than being said, I would not put much hope in Schaub, last year his favorite red zone targets were the other teams secondary. I wont complain if he is still playing when the Raiders come to Seattle, the LOB will destroy him!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I say they loose their first four games, Schaub is benched, and the Ginger ninja takes them to the promised land. All Hail Matt Mcgloin.
Here are some interesting and little known facts about Mcgloin:

"It" has the Matt McGloin factor.
Matt McGloin can win a game of connect four in three moves.
McGloin only works out once a year�..that�s about all the gym equipment can take.
Matt McGloin doesn't flush the toilet ...He scares the [bleep] out of it.
McGloin secretly has sex with every single woman on the planet every single month. The result of this is bleeding for a week
McGloin�s calendar goes directly from March 31st to April 2nd because nobody fools McGloin
Kings buy Matt McGloin sized beds
Matt McGloin is the ONLY person who can fix Obamacare
Mercy rules were invented because of Matt McGloin
Matt McGloin once ate a whole cake before his friends could tell him there was a stripper in it.
When Matt McGloin was born, he drove his mom home from the hospital
In 93% of males, the left testicle is larger than the right..... Each of Matt McGloin�s testicles is larger than the other
Die Hard is a documentary. It�s working title was �The Matt McGloin Story�.

I'm only kind of kidding. He starts after 4-5 games, because of injury or lack of production by Schuab. He then leads them to the play offs where the raiders maybe win one game due to the team being injured and old. Book it.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by tweeter
I say they loose their first four games, Schaub is benched, and the Ginger ninja takes them to the promised land. All Hail Matt Mcgloin.

McGloin only works out once a year�..that�s about all the gym equipment can take.
McGloin secretly has sex with every single woman on the planet every single month. The result of this is bleeding for a week
McGloin�s calendar goes directly from March 31st to April 2nd because nobody fools McGloin
Matt McGloin once ate a whole cake before his friends could tell him there was a stripper in it.
In 93% of males, the left testicle is larger than the right..... Each of Matt McGloin�s testicles is larger than the other

I'm only kind of kidding. He starts after 4-5 games, because of injury or lack of production by Schuab. He then leads them to the play offs where the raiders maybe win one game due to the team being injured and old. Book it.

IMO, McGloin played pretty good last year considering the circumstance he was placed in. You have got to root for a guy like that. I would not mind seeing what he could do with a better line, some receivers, and another year of experience.

Last edited by VAhuntr; 04/03/14.

"Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VAhuntr
Originally Posted by tweeter

IMO, McGloin played pretty good last year considering the circumstance he was placed in. You have got to root for a guy like that. I would not mind seeing what he could do with a better line, some receivers, and another year of experience.

I would like to see McGloin OR Terrelle Pryor with a decent O Line and recivers! How many on the money passes did Denarious Moore drop last year? Only Rod Streeter could catch the damned FOOTBALL among the WR's.

I think Matt Schaub will return to form at least enough to be a very good QB. Within that scenario, I would like the Raiders to Retain McGloin as the #2 QB, then try to talk TP into being a hybrid Wildcat/ option plays /WR+reverse play OPTION QB. Terrelle makes a move like he is going to run a route, takes of for a reverse with the TE sealing off the corner trying to chase the play, takes the ball and makes for the corner. If the D flows over and up to him he throws it, if they cover thier guys on routes, off we go to the races! With the WR's blocking, of course. Would work for good to BIG yards a couple of times per game!

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
They're going to cut Pryor altogether, and be rid of him. They will draft a QB.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
They will draft a QB.

That part is certain. I think they will try to get Fresno State QB Derreck Carr in the 2nd or 3rd round, though some sources have them taking him with the 5th pick. I don't see Carr as a top five pick, but he does look like a very good prospect to fight for starting job when Matt Schaub retires, probably in 5 or 6 years. With that many years of tutelage and doing mop up and pre season duties, either Carr or Matt McGloin could be a very good next QB as well as a better than average 'injury insurance' capable QB in the interim.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
They're going to cut Pryor altogether, and be rid of him. They will draft a QB.

That'd be the first smart move Oakland has made in a very long time.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I would prefer they find a role for him, but if he won't be a role player and wants a chance to start somewhere, that might be their only option. Though I also hear that the Raiders have been offered some sort of trade deals. Even a lower round pick is better than cutting the man altogether. He would actually be a good fit in SanFran as a backup to Kapernick. Similar playing styles and physicality. Back up to RG lll in WA DC would also be a fit for him.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by safariman
I would prefer they find a role for him, but if he won't be a role player and wants a chance to start somewhere, that might be their only option. Though I also hear that the Raiders have been offered some sort of trade deals. Even a lower round pick is better than cutting the man altogether. He would actually be a good fit in SanFran as a backup to Kapernick. Similar playing styles and physicality. Back up to RG lll in WA DC would also be a fit for him.

He doesn't have the brains, the game management skills, or the talent of Kaep. The Niners passed on him, repeatedly, before and haven't gotten stupid enough to take him now.

DC, on the other hand, is dumb enough to take him.

Pryor wasn't good coming out of college and hasn't gotten better. Only the Raiders didn't see that.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by safariman

He doesn't have the brains, the game management skills, or the talent of Kaep. The Niners passed on him, repeatedly, before and haven't gotten stupid enough to take him now.

DC, on the other hand, is dumb enough to take him.

Pryor wasn't good coming out of college and hasn't gotten better. Only the Raiders didn't see that.

I don't think Pryor has it upstairs to be an NFL QB either. He should have been showing signs of improvement by now but has not. Too bad he is too hard headed to change positions. Line him up as a receiver or TE and he could create some mismatches with LB's or CB's.

I do wonder about one of your statements though. Are you sure the 49ers passed on hime several times? Pryor was taken in the supplemental draft, not the regular draft.

IC B3

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If Bortles is available to OAK then TAKE him. Period!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
2013 Toronto Bluejays. Need I say more. Don't count your chickens before they hatch. This collection of players sound good on paper, but that is a lot of change. No guarantee that it all meshes and they become a TEAM.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by byc

I think he will be a great QB for someone.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VAhuntr
Originally Posted by byc

I think he will be a great QB for someone.

I'd give him "good" capabilities and that's plenty for the right team. Unfortunately, like most QBs like him, he'll go to a team with little around him and get shellacked for a few years until there ain't much left.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Pryor will never be a good NFL qb, for any team.

He wouldn't succeed at WR/TE either.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]

I don't eat anything that didn't have a mother.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

343 members (163bc, 10ring1, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 160user, 01Foreman400, 34 invisible), 1,948 guests, and 1,023 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,333
Posts18,505,972
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.