Page 9 of 40 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 39 40
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wrongway
Wow, cool story, yeah I would do no less than a .338 win mag

thats a big bear

Clueless, in addition to toothless.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender

The answerwas pretty clear, wasn't it?

Bait and hounds = bad.

tow trucks = good.

Best post of this entire thread.

I'd also point out to the OP that a Bear that bigs' ass is approx. 2' from the vitals so you might think about going back and editing that "near miss" part.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by TexasPhotog
Originally Posted by wageslave
Holy Smokes,
just saw the tale scattered over (oops, I mean ALL over) the forum.

1. Saw a bear at a friends spot.
2. Ass shot bear with uber unit.
3. Phoned a friend.
4. Went home.
5. Came back with another friend.
6. Friend found bear.
7. Friend killed bear.
8. Friend took hero shots of me.
9. Friend hauled bear.
10. Friend gutted bear.
11. Friend skinned bear.
12. I wrote up multiple entries on internet forums of my awesomeness.
13. I was voted a badass mutherphoucer......

by me.

Well written.

He didn't kill anything. He just wounded an animal and then had to call a guide to come in and clean up his mess.

Let's don't forget the part where he offers to give meat to anybody that wants it, except the one friend that was recently in his house but got none offered.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by prairie_goat

Nah...Burns is an azzhat of even greater prominence than Safariman.

You got that right.

Ahh, The butthurt flows strong in these two. grin

A couple of non-shootin' mofos, no doubt.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
You would know. Learn how to bed a rifle yet?

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You would know.

No he wouldn't.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Sure he would. He's the self-appointed UBER authority on all things firearms, except how to bed and shoot a light rifle.

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

I'd also point out to the OP that a Bear that bigs' ass is approx. 2' from the vitals so you might think about going back and editing that "near miss" part.
[/quote]

Not on a quartering away shot, it isn't.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Take_a_knee, are you and JohnBurns one in the same?

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smalljawbasser
Holy Smokes,

3. Phoned a friend.
4. Went home.
6. Friend found bear.
7. Friend killed bear.
9. Friend hauled bear.
10. Friend gutted bear.
11. Friend skinned bear.

by me.

Well written.

He didn't kill anything. He just wounded an animal and then had to call a guide to come in and clean up his mess.

Let's don't forget the part where he offers to give meat to anybody that wants it, except the one friend that was recently in his house but got none offered.

That friend and I are still good friends, I forgot about the bear meat while he was here, but also he was headed back for Japan in a day or so from when he was here. Bad idea to take raw meat in a suitcase when 1) Flying 'as a seat is available/on call then add in likely normal delays etc. can cause the trip to be very long in duration.

I am sure he will get some, and some feral pork, Venison etc. when he gets back stateside later this year.

I didn't think of the bear meat giveaway idea until I started this thread.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by GeoW
Take_a_knee, are you and JohnBurns one in the same?

No, he knows how to post pictures. He's better lookin' than me as well.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Sure he would. He's the self-appointed UBER authority on all things firearms, except how to bed and shoot a light rifle.

If you say so, 'cause I sure af pphuck never claimed any gunsmithing skills, here or anywhere else. Fact remains I'm the only poster here who's name is on the wall at Range 37, SOTIC Class 4-87. Call 'em and you can "out" me. Get some mofo.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by smalljawbasser
Holy Smokes,

3. Phoned a friend.
4. Went home.
6. Friend found bear.
7. Friend killed bear.
9. Friend hauled bear.
10. Friend gutted bear.
11. Friend skinned bear.

by me.

Well written.

That was written as a joke. I would not have been able to take any at that time anyway. You guys really need to get over yourselves as the junior high girl drama is really getting old.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by bufaf

That was written as a joke. I would not have been able to take any at that time anyway. You guys really need to get over yourselves.

Not a lot of these stupid mofo's, they feed on strife. Pot-stirrin' mofo's.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hicountry
How's business?
Oops....my bad.....

Wow thanks for asking because it was a pretty good day today. Hope the OP won't mind a small hijack. laugh
Starting off I got a small batch of uppers and lowers back from the Anodizer. Wanted to try a some Sand Matte Type III. Looked pretty good but might tweak it some in the future. Love that Wyoming Arms Logo. Most everthing we do is is Type III Black but the Matte Sand is cool and in demand.

[Linked Image]

Got the 300 Blackout barrels on the mill for fluting and things looked good. As you most likely know our 5.56 WYO barrels pretty much set the standard for "uber" accuracy/ "uber" reliabilty and I am anxious to keep the trend going forward.

Unfluted

[Linked Image]

Magic

[Linked Image]

Now it is fluted and the gas port is in.

[Linked Image]

As normal the coated BCGs continue to amaze and the light bodies are really quite the step above.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Got the coating on the barrel extension dialed in and boy does it work nice.

[img]http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums...s%20Shop%20Pics/DSC00972_zps05a794f1.jpg[/img]

I do love living in a State (Wyoming) where the Governor, Matt Mead, loves talking about guns at the Mansion and can buy the best in AR type rifles.

[img]http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums...20Matt%20Mead/IMG_1387lr_zpsc7d19a10.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums...20Matt%20Mead/IMG_1399lr_zpsfb30ef71.jpg[/img]

Ever get the feeling you are 2 steps behind the big boys??

Shoot I almost forgot, but Surefire's Maggie Reese won High Lady at the Superstition Mt Mystery 3 gun with our barrel and Mike Voight placed in the top 5 overall with the WYO LOK barrel at the same event last weekend. grin Cheers

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

If you say so, 'cause I sure af pphuck never claimed any gunsmithing skills, here or anywhere else. Fact remains I'm the only poster here who's name is on the wall at Range 37, SOTIC Class 4-87. Call 'em and you can "out" me. Get some mofo.

Ok. If you say so. But something you did 27 years ago doesn't qualify you to be a blowhard on all things here. I'll let you "out" yourself if you're so inclined.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
John,

NO PROBLEM with a brief sidetrack to show us some nice AR type firearms! I did not even know that you were in the AR business! The AR-15 / Stoner platform is sure becoming popular. Calif. is going to find out soon that they are THE common firearm people arm themselves with for self and Country protection and will be forced by the courts to scale back their ban.

Do you make a pure varmint shooting / Benchrest format AR with a 24 inch (or thereabouts) full bull barrel and a good trigger? I am wanting to aquire such a rifle in the near future but I don't much care for short barrels or two stage triggers for my gophergun AR's.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Ok. If you say so. But something you did 27 years ago doesn't qualify you to be a blowhard on all things here. I'll let you "out" yourself if you're so inclined.

I have not seen a SINGLE post my Take A Knee that looked or sounded like him being a blowhard or self appointed expert.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Starting off I got a small batch of uppers and lowers back from the Anodizer.

Ever get the feeling you are 2 steps behind the big boys??

Dude did you really just make references in your post claiming those are YOUR lowers and YOU own Wyoming Arms LLC? Your clearly a part of the place but owner........

All legal records of that LLC appear to belong to another individual. Business license, FFL, Trademarks the whole works appears to be registered to Jeff Leisy as his name is the ONLY one registered as owner.

Have heard good things about the wares from friends involved with high end suppliers here but all of them mention only Leisy.

Also not sure how you can call Wyo Arms one of the big boys after 18 months of businesses. Lots of manufacturers have a shcitt ton more wins and do so routinely.

No attack, just trying to clarify my interpretation of your post

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by safariman

I have not seen a SINGLE post my Take A Knee that looked or sounded like him being a blowhard or self appointed expert.

Thanks for posting that.

Congrats on wounding a bear?

Page 9 of 40 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 39 40

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

467 members (160user, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 163bc, 10Glocks, 41 invisible), 2,303 guests, and 1,031 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,660
Posts18,512,860
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.