J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by jwp475

It appears that the attitude of some feel that only the perfectly physically and those that never miss the vitals are the only ones that should be allowed to hunt. Freedom and liberty be damed.

I don't think that's the point at all. I think the point most are trying to make is that the braggadocio involved in the posts is rather ridiculous especially in light of the actual events of the hunt in question.

Safariman does tend to write link an advertisement, does that deserve this type of a use?

When he goes off about how only an "ubermagnum" would be capable of the feat, or how a 3/4 pickup had what would total about 17k tons of cable in the bed, or how the entire event was the equivalent of a hunt never to be equaled in the ages, then he brings it on himself. Add in the "problematic" shot placement that would negate the touted "quartering away", the reliance on others to actually kill the bear and then do the work, and then the multiplicitous posting of the same event in multiple forums - each attempting to one up the last and all building upon the flaws of the others, the self-induced misery compounds.

It would also appear that he has developed somewhat of a reputation. That never helps, but I can't speak to that (as I wasn't privy to the events or the incidents).

5/8" cable weighs .72 pounds per foot therefore total weight of the cable is no where near 17 tons.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I do not agree with his take on armament, but you guys seem to forget that he is younger than JJ, but in such poor health that he needed the help to recover the animal and he sought the help needed. He also told the exactly as it happened and sugar coated none of it. You guys are way to self righteous.

Some may be self-righteous, but I'm certainly not intending to be so at all.

The bold part is the part that I, and perhaps others, disagree with. The telling exactly as is happens doesn't align with the obvious difference between claimed shot angle and actual shot impact/result. Telling it exactly as it happened doesn't get into the blowhard diatribe about how only an "ubermagnum" could have killed that bear or been used to make that shot, when in fact the bear was killed the next day with a .44 magnum handgun and the shot taken could have been made with a myriad of weapons. Telling it exactly as it happened doesn't involve the obvious and ridiculous claim as to the capabilities of the truck used to drag the carcass out of the gulley.

Safariman does have medical and physical difficulties that limit his activities. That has little to do with the above, and at least to me nothing to do with my take on his story.

Hey, I'm glad he got out bear hunting and glad he got a bear. I'm also glad that he has friends willing to pitch in and help him out. All of that is great. How he regales it and how he presents that information, himself, and the actual hunt, though, leaves quite a bit to be desired.

Obviously, YMMV.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Burns,

Send me one of those things to try out please.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

5/8" cable weighs .72 pounds per foot therefore total weight of the cable is no where near 17 tons.

That depends upon the cable involved, but even going with your numbers, at 2 miles of cable the cable alone would weigh over 7500 lbs, not counting the winch system, motor, etc. Add all of that in, and you're easily pushing 4 tons.

It would appear that you have a problem with my exaggeration, but not any his.

Last edited by 4ager; 04/05/14.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by safariman

I have not seen a SINGLE post my Take A Knee that looked or sounded like him being a blowhard or self appointed expert.

Life is so awesome. I love it.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I do not agree with his take on armament, but you guys seem to forget that he is younger than JJ, but in such poor health that he needed the help to recover the animal and he sought the help needed. He also told the exactly as it happened and sugar coated none of it. You guys are way to self righteous.

The bold part is the part that I, and perhaps others, disagree with. The telling exactly as is happens doesn't align with the obvious difference between claimed shot angle and actual shot impact/result. Telling it exactly as it happened doesn't get into the blowhard diatribe about how only an "ubermagnum" could have killed that bear or been used to make that shot, when in fact the bear was killed the next day with a .44 magnum handgun and the shot taken could have been made with a myriad of weapons. Telling it exactly as it happened doesn't involve the obvious and ridiculous claim as to the capabilities of the truck used to drag the carcass out of the gulley.

Safariman does have medical and physical difficulties that limit his activities. That has little to do with the above, and at least to me nothing to do with my take on his story.

Hey, I'm glad he got out bear hunting and glad he got a bear. I'm also glad that he has friends willing to pitch in and help him out. All of that is great. How he regales it and how he presents that information, himself, and the actual hunt, though, leaves quite a bit to be desired.

Obviously, YMMV.

Like I posted he does write like it is an advertisement. You weren't even close with the weight of the cable, so should we go after you? How do you know that the claims of the winch truth are/were ridiculous? Do you know the owner of the winch truck, have you seen it personally?

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

That depends upon the cable involved, but even going with your numbers, at 2 miles of cable the cable alone would weigh over 7500 lbs, not counting the winch system, motor, etc. Add all of that in, and you're easily pushing 4 tons.

It would appear that you have a problem with my exaggeration, but not any his.

Yes it does depend on the cable and 5/8 cable was the claim and 17 tons of weight claimed by you and others isn't even close to being correct. So is seems that claim is very ridiculous. There are bigger trucks that have been fitted with pickup bodies and I could not tell if this was the case or not from the picture. You guys are are way too zealous in your attacks. If JJ does not feel a need to be critical then neither should the rest of you IMHO. Unless of course you never ever make a mistake and if that is the case then by all means carry on.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Obviously, YMMV.

Like I posted he does write like it is an advertisement. You weren't even close with the weight of the cable, so should we go after you? How do you know that the claims of the winch truth are/were ridiculous? Do you know the owner of the winch truck, have you seen it personally?

Have you? Advertisements are, by and large, falsehoods. I don't find them to be a worthwhile endeavor either.

As stated, and corrected, I was off on the weight of the cable. That still doesn't negate his obvious exaggerations as to the cable, the truck, or many other things. You have a problem with one exaggeration I made, and corrected, but not with any of his; that says a lot.

It also says quite a lot when you're going at me on this, when I've not insulted him, used any profanity toward him or his hunt, stated that the bear is his and he's lucky to have friends to help, etc., and yet take no direction toward others who have done the opposite.

I pointed out where I differ on the "facts" as safariman presented them and on his position of what would or would not have been sufficient for that hunt. I didn't realize that I had to clear any objections to his posts with you prior to offering them up, though. I must have missed that rule in the FAQs.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I did not single you out individually my post are aimed at all who continue to bash relentlessly. I did not post until today, I got tired of reading the constant insults and innuendos. I think that safari man is full of it if thinks that a 260 would not have produced the same results with the same shot placement based on my own experience. Everyone has an opinion although some are more valid than others. I would not have told the story as he did, but that is just me. I am not going to thrash his hunt and story because it is not the way I would have seen it.
That is the difference, I am sure that I will not change you or anyone else for that matter.

Last edited by jwp475; 04/05/14.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep.
Looks like he's more upset with your cable weight guess than his hobby being trashed as presented....on a public form. Go figure.

Have Dog

Will Travel

IC B3

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by wageslave
Yep.
Looks like he's more upset with your cable weight guess than his hobby being trashed as presented....on a public form. Go figure.

You mean it is OK to bash and present untrue info to farther the bashing? At least be accurate.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by deflave
Burns,

Send me one of those things to try out please.

Travis

Sure thing, since Burns and myself are one and the same I've been informed. What's your address?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No, I mean you are upset about the wrong things.

Have a wonderful day.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I did not single you out individually my post are aimed at all who continue to bash relentlessly. I did not post until today, I got tired of reading the constant insults and innuendos. I think that safari man is full of it if thinks that a 260 would not have produced the same results with the same shot placement based on my own experience. Everyone has an opinion although some are more valid than others. I would not have told the story as he did, but that is just me. I am not going to thrash his hunt and story because it is not the way I would have seen it.
That is the difference, I am sure that I will not change you or anyone else for that matter.

Curious as to why my posts were the ones quoted then.

It seems we agree that he was full of it on whether the results could have been had with something other than an "ubermagnum", and we agree on whether the story should have been told as it was.

I'm neither bashing his hunt, nor his story. I'm simply disagreeing with some of his premises and statements that are obviously false. He got the bear; great.

Oh, and no, your posts nor mine will change anyone here at all.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by wageslave
Yep.

Of course this thread would not be on page one if it were not for those that love to bash and keep it in the fore front. As if that dose no damage. Can you say self righteous?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

Sure thing, since Burns and myself are one and the same I've been informed. What's your address?

TAK,

You are not Burns.

You're welcome,
Travis

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Curious as to why my posts were the ones quoted then.

It seems we agree that he was full of it on whether the results could have been had with something other than an "ubermagnum", and we agree on whether the story should have been told as it was.

I'm neither bashing his hunt, nor his story. I'm simply disagreeing with some of his premises and statements that are obviously false. He got the bear; great.

Oh, and no, your posts nor mine will change anyone here at all.

You were simply the last post that I saw that represented the theme. The thread needs to die.

Last edited by jwp475; 04/05/14.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You were simply the last post that I saw that represented the theme. The thread needs to die.

Odd to the first part, and as to the second - safariman himself posted at least two others on this, has continually bumped them up, and now there is a fourth dealing with the same topic.

Last edited by 4ager; 04/05/14.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The "bashing" is deserved.
For most it would lead to a re-assessment of their presentation and/ or ideals.

Mark has had problems in more than one area on the forum.
He has chose to never back down and admit little error, or blame it on drugs, sickness or being tired "if" he did something wrong.
He only does that after he's called out.
In fact, he plainly states often that he is right and isn't going to change.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Foes of hunting need to see this type of "hunting" bashed here.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Page 11 of 40 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 39 40

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

61 members (10gaugemag, Alan_Robertson, 7mm_Loco, 1_deuce, 6 invisible), 1,344 guests, and 668 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,650
Posts18,512,635
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.