Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 40 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 39 40
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

You think that will help? Maybe you are interested in some ocean front property in Wyoming.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by safariman
Originally Posted by TexasPhotog
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by TexasPhotog
Sure he would. He's the self-appointed UBER authority on all things firearms, except how to bed and shoot a light rifle.

If you say so, 'cause I sure af pphuck never claimed any gunsmithing skills, here or anywhere else. Fact remains I'm the only poster here who's name is on the wall at Range 37, SOTIC Class 4-87. Call 'em and you can "out" me. Get some mofo.

Ok. If you say so. But something you did 27 years ago doesn't qualify you to be a blowhard on all things here. I'll let you "out" yourself if you're so inclined.

I have not seen a SINGLE post my Take A Knee that looked or sounded like him being a blowhard or self appointed expert.

You are profoundly obtuse and reading comprehension isn't you're long suit. You also are a disaster at logic, ethics, and dressing yourself.

In the past few months alone you've recommended mauser actions for ultra light builds, recommended a 300 WSM for a 13 year-old boy's first rifle, and been called out for fraud in the classifieds. Obtuse is the most charitable word available for your behavior.

Now you wound a black bear and need an outfitter to find it, put it out of its misery, and pack it out for you. Instead of being humble, you brag about it in three forums. That bragging includes a post that says a lighter cartridge would've only wounded the bear, which, ironically, is all you actually managed with a cartridge named after a dinosaur, but that irony sails right over your head. Obtuse is far too charitable here.

You should be ashamed - not for flubbing a shot nor asking for help - but for your actions after the hunt. You're a stain on a fine sport. Here's hoping you quit hunting today.

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by wageslave
Yep.
Looks like he's more upset with your cable weight guess than his hobby being trashed as presented....on a public form. Go figure.

Of course this thread would not be on page one if it were not for those that love to bash and keep it in the fore front. As if that dose no damage. Can you say self righteous?

This thread would never had made a second page if Mr. Self Aggrandizing hadn't made the post in the hunting rifles forum - then another forum to make sure no one missed how splendidly awesome he and his dinosaur are. Per always, he can't sidestep his ego or his pee pee. This may be about his bear hunting story but in reality it ain't about the bear hunting story at all. wink

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jwp475

You think that will help? Maybe you are interested in some ocean front property in Wyoming.

Price?
grin

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Exactly.
I truly think he enjoys even the "bad" attention. At least we are all saying his name.......

Have Dog

Will Travel

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Mark.
Thanks for the pictures and story. That's a nice bear.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Jamie
Mark.
Thanks for the pictures and story. That's a nice bear.

It is a nice bear. For comparison sake safariman is 6'3" and 250lbs.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If you hunt long enough you will cripple a animal sooner or later. I'm just glad he found it the next morning . Tramping around in the bush in the dark after a wounded Bear isn't going to get you the Albert Eisenstein award. He did the smart thing get help and wait to morning and day light.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Correction. If you're a szhitty shot and/or take szhitty shots you will wound animals no matter what �ber fossil fuel you're using.

Love the 'hunters' who use this lame line over and over again. If you have to limit yourself to 50 yd standing broadside shots to ensure an ethical kill, so be it. And the longer you hunt the more this should be true.

Amazing how many game 'shooters' abound on a supposed 'hunting' site. Sadly, the anti's caricatures of the shooting/hunting community are too often proved by the very people who cry foul.

I don't always get DRT's but I don't wound animals. Why? Because I NEVER take a shot I'm not 100% sure of. Period. Even if it means tag soup (and it has many a time). Some may shout 'self righteous' to which I'd reply...I'm a hell of a lot more righteous than they,apparently.

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by bea175
Tramping around in the bush in the dark after a wounded Bear isn't going to get you the Albert Eisenstein award. He did the smart thing get help and wait to morning and day light.

Red herring. He did look for it that night, and got a friend to, also.

he just didn't find it.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by smokepole
Tramping around in the bush in the dark after a wounded Bear isn't going to get you the Albert Eisenstein award. He did the smart thing get help and wait to morning and day light.

he just didn't find it.

or you could say it didn't find him

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smokepole

he just didn't find it.

or you could say it didn't find him

Wouldn't that then, negate the "well anchored" bit of the story?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by MojoHand
Correction. If you're a szhitty shot and/or take szhitty shots you will wound animals no matter what �ber fossil fuel you're using.

Love the 'hunters' who use this lame line over and over again. If you have to limit yourself to 50 yd standing broadside shots to ensure an ethical kill, so be it. And the longer you hunt the more this should be true.

Amazing how many game 'shooters' abound on a supposed 'hunting' site. Sadly, the anti's caricatures of the shooting/hunting community are too often proved by the very people who cry foul.

I don't always get DRT's but I don't wound animals. Why? Because I NEVER take a shot I'm not 100% sure of. Period. Even if it means tag soup (and it has many a time). Some may shout 'self righteous' to which I'd reply...I'm a hell of a lot more righteous than they,apparently.

What an idiot.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
yep the Bear would then be posting photos of his Trophy hanging from his jaws . Mojo is a Legend in his own mind

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
JJ did the right thing and I don't believe the fish cops would hammer him for doing so. Killing a wounded and potentially dangerous bear might be construed as defense of life.

That's what I'd say if questioned about it. wink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by safariman
Originally Posted by rattler
love the bear retrieval rig.....80 some year old father in law keeps a roll of rope in his truck thats prolly atleast a half mile for pulling deer out of the deep coulees here......either he attaches a pulley to our truck if we are with him or a post if we are not, run the rope through the pulley, down to the deer and then drive down the road and up comes the deer....works best with three people but can be done with one.....

That is ANOTHER good way to do it! I have a small ATV winch in the back of my avalanche, but I have to get the dead creature close to the truck before it does me any good.

BTW, to any of the still capable folks here who might thinnk this is 'cheating' to winch out a bear, I have backpacked out a bunch of stuff, loved doing so, but physically just cannot make that happen any more. I am so very glad to have real freinds who make it possible for me to still hunt at all these days.

If you think that is cheating we generally drive up to the elk with an 4wd tractor and bring them in this way.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

What an idiot.

Well, hunting animals is a wee bit different from shooting targets in the 80's at 'school'. Congrats on your 'trophy plaque'...

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Well, hunting animals is a wee bit different from shooting targets in the 80's at 'school'. Congrats on your 'trophy plaque'...

Thanks, you don't have a "trophy plaque" by any chance, do you? So, the best comeback you can come up with is to make a feeble attempt at denigrating graduates from Tier One US military sniper schools? I guess Nolan Ryan was a non-pitching POS as well, right?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
"You guys really need to get over yourselves as the junior high girl drama is really getting old."

Indeed. But, now the "henhouse gang" is gettin to the point of funny.

Points to whoever finally put an umlaut in �BER.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Archie,

THAT is way cool sir!

Thanks for sharing those pictures.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Page 12 of 40 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 39 40

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

154 members (1_deuce, 2500HD, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 27 invisible), 1,880 guests, and 1,056 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,650
Posts18,512,624
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.