Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 40 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 39 40
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
You didn't ask him, did you?

Maybe when TAK and TRH are done with their pig roast, you'll get a chance.
I don't know what you're talking about. Pig roast?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pig%20roast

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
dude, that's gross.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have one simple question that I don't think has been answered yet and that is why SFM didn't shoot uber bear again instead of knowing that he was leaving a wounded but live animal?

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
I have one simple question that I don't think has been answered yet and that is why SFM didn't shoot uber bear again instead of knowing that he was leaving a wounded but live animal?

Simple.
In SFM speak, "anchored" means ass shot and ran off.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calvin
dude, that's gross.

I'm not here to judge how Ethan enjoys the company of TAK and Hawkeye. (shrug)

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
When the day comes that I am unable to follow up on an animal should things go bad, I will hang up my hunting boots. My love for the hunt and more, for the critters I hunt, dictates it be so. They deserve that, at the very least.

It's time the OP faces the hard reality: his hunting days are pretty much behind him, save for maybe some small game stuff. Mark, shame on you for starting something you *knew* you couldn't finish if things went bad. It shows a total lack of respect for the hunt, as well as for the animal that suffered as a result of your bad choices and inability to follow through with what you started. Rather than try to come off as some hero, you should be hanging your head.

Final thought: JJ Hack appears to be a good and generous man, filled with kindness. Respect.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
JJ Hack is the real deal. And has a ton of real experience.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by ingwe
JJ Hack is the real deal. And has a ton of real experience.

If he runs around with lots of 'Safarimen' types, I guess he'd *have* to be. Cleaning up messes like that on the regular would take--and build-- some serious skills, yo...

whistle blush grin

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Hes a P{H and a professional guide�Im sure he's cleaned up a lot of messes for a lot of dudes.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I know, brother. Been reading his stuff for many years on AR, but thanks. wink One of my favorite hunts he pulled off was of that beast of a cougar he called in--the one missing a paw. What an animal that one was. Not to mention the gazillion bears he's taken in WA (I believe it's WA but maybe OR)...

Also have enjoyed a lot of his African stuff over the years. Any guy who gets his PH license pretty much has my respect for the bush knowledge/skills requirement alone. An American who has to learn all the required stuff without the benefit of growing up in an African nation does it? Mad props. smile

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Yep, its time.

This decrepid half paralized, dead guy with a thousand diseases weirdo needs to hang it up, no more hunting for him.

its all over pops, start selling your junk and get ready for the inevitable.

Hey!! Your going the wrongway.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by wrongway
Yep, its time.

This decrepid half paralized, dead guy with a thousand diseases weirdo needs to hang it up, no more hunting for him.

I think your wrong.
The elk camp I hunted out of as a teen was made up of 6 old guys that were too old to pack or even hike much and then there was two of us that we're in our mid teens that did all the physical work. Looking back, I was taught a ton by guys that had BTDT and it gave those guys a few more years in the woods.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Yep, its time.

Your scrawny, gay lookin, fireplace posin' azz won't even make it to the age Mark is now.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
When the day comes that I am unable to follow up on an animal should things go bad, I will hang up my hunting boots. My love for the hunt and more, for the critters I hunt, dictates it be so. They deserve that, at the very least.

It's time the OP faces the hard reality: his hunting days are pretty much behind him, save for maybe some small game stuff. Mark, shame on you for starting something you *knew* you couldn't finish if things went bad. It shows a total lack of respect for the hunt, as well as for the animal that suffered as a result of your bad choices and inability to follow through with what you started. Rather than try to come off as some hero, you should be hanging your head.

Final thought: JJ Hack appears to be a good and generous man, filled with kindness. Respect.

Hey, I would chase things all over for you friend!

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
FWIW, I went after my bear, alone, the night I shot him and only quit when my flashlight did and I started tripping over limbs and vines. AFAIK, he was stone dead. The shot looked and sounded great, and the bear piled up and rolled quickly down into the nasty Blackberry vines and rocks with very steep slopes. The next morning, I was in the bottom of that canyon WITH JJ looking for my dead bear (All indications were that he was dead down in there) And was looking for blood or sign in the bottom of the drainage when Jim happened upon him and administered a Cou De Grace at nearly point blank range like anyone would have done.

And, I was as involved as anyone in recovery and processing the bear. The picture showed Jim H working on the bear while he was by the truck because I had stepped away to take that picture.

So many wrong, negative assumptions have been made along the way in this thread that have no basis in fact. Just speculation that turns into an accusation.

My friends who go with me on hunts go willingly, knowing that I need a bit more help these days due to my illness. I did not force anyone. And that day I dove down into the mix of everything and stayed at the project until the bear was in a cooler and the hide at the taxidermist.

I paid dearly for that in pain and exhaustion for the next few days after, but for me it was a good trade.

Yes, JJHack IS a very good man and I am fortunate to count him among my closest friends. I have helped others on game retrieval adventures when I could, and there may come a day when I can again. Some people post Kidney Transplant bounce back to be nearly thier former selves. This is my hope, but only God knows and only time will tell.

For me, I am going to live as big as I can for as long as I can. Keep pushing the envelopes until I die, or maybe die trying.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Yep, its time.

Your scrawny, gay lookin, fireplace posin' azz won't even make it to the age Mark is now.

So, you worked out who the piece of rubbish is...your description is fairly close to the mark.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by safariman
FWIW, I went after my bear, alone, the night I shot him and only quit when my flashlight did and I started tripping over limbs and vines. AFAIK, he was stone dead. The shot looked and sounded great, and the bear piled up and rolled quickly down into the nasty Blackberry vines and rocks with very steep slopes. The next morning, I was in the bottom of that canyon WITH JJ looking for my dead bear (All indications were that he was dead down in there) And was looking for blood or sign in the bottom of the drainage when Jim happened upon him and administered a Cou De Grace at nearly point blank range like anyone would have done.

And, I was as involved as anyone in recovery and processing the bear. The picture showed Jim H working on the bear while he was by the truck because I had stepped away to take that picture.

So many wrong, negative assumptions have been made along the way in this thread that have no basis in fact. Just speculation that turns into an accusation.

My friends who go with me on hunts go willingly, knowing that I need a bit more help these days due to my illness. I did not force anyone. And that day I dove down into the mix of everything and stayed at the project until the bear was in a cooler and the hide at the taxidermist.

I paid dearly for that in pain and exhaustion for the next few days after, but for me it was a good trade.

Yes, JJHack IS a very good man and I am fortunate to count him among my closest friends. I have helped others on game retrieval adventures when I could, and there may come a day when I can again. Some people post Kidney Transplant bounce back to be nearly thier former selves. This is my hope, but only God knows and only time will tell.

For me, I am going to live as big as I can for as long as I can. Keep pushing the envelopes until I die, or maybe die trying.

That there was a mistake, the defensive posture invites attack.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wageslave
Originally Posted by JimH
I want to see a better pic.of the pick up with 2 full miles of 5/8" cable! That is almost 8000 lbs. of cable alone,plus the weight of the winch.Must have uber duty springs!

Dude, you should have been there. It was UBER..... EVERYTHING.
Not one bit was un-UBER.
Including awesome.... UBERED.
Kinda like UBER squared, only with more UBER.

Lol....
What a cluster fock.
D*mn.

Great beast, but ass shooting anything will cause uber suffering...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yep, its time.

so now another one of your specialties, is you are the deciding factor, on when people should no longer hunt??? at least according to your perspective?

you must be one of those 20 somethings that grew up with mommy telling you that you were special....and actually believing it...

I'm sure you spend hours admiring yourself in the mirror each morning after brushing your teeth.. as I am sure you aren't old enough to have to shave yet...

but you are exactly what this forum needed... a new douche bag that is a legend in his own mind.... no forum on the internet can have enough of those....thanks for gracing us with your presence and your "Wizdumb"...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by safariman

Thats all you can do is keep doing what you can. I knew a guy who helped a blind man kill a buck. I've known a couple guys in wheelchairs whose friends pushed them out in the woods. Thats what friends are for. I know I would never quit hunting unless I wAs competely bedridden. You get out there and do your best, and surround yourself with some good friends.

Page 19 of 40 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 39 40

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

498 members (219 Wasp, 219DW, 01Foreman400, 160user, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 45 invisible), 2,426 guests, and 1,040 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,663
Posts18,512,905
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.