Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 20 of 40 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 39 40
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wrongway
Yep, its time.

This decrepid half paralized, dead guy with a thousand diseases weirdo needs to hang it up, no more hunting for him.

its all over pops, start selling your junk and get ready for the inevitable.

Thank God for schooldays. We won't have to endure any more of your "posts" until this afternoon.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by moosemike
Originally Posted by safariman
FWIW, I went after my bear, alone, the night I shot him and only quit when my flashlight did and I started tripping over limbs and vines. AFAIK, he was stone dead. The shot looked and sounded great, and the bear piled up and rolled quickly down into the nasty Blackberry vines and rocks with very steep slopes. The next morning, I was in the bottom of that canyon WITH JJ looking for my dead bear (All indications were that he was dead down in there) And was looking for blood or sign in the bottom of the drainage when Jim happened upon him and administered a Cou De Grace at nearly point blank range like anyone would have done.

And, I was as involved as anyone in recovery and processing the bear. The picture showed Jim H working on the bear while he was by the truck because I had stepped away to take that picture.

So many wrong, negative assumptions have been made along the way in this thread that have no basis in fact. Just speculation that turns into an accusation.

My friends who go with me on hunts go willingly, knowing that I need a bit more help these days due to my illness. I did not force anyone. And that day I dove down into the mix of everything and stayed at the project until the bear was in a cooler and the hide at the taxidermist.

I paid dearly for that in pain and exhaustion for the next few days after, but for me it was a good trade.

Yes, JJHack IS a very good man and I am fortunate to count him among my closest friends. I have helped others on game retrieval adventures when I could, and there may come a day when I can again. Some people post Kidney Transplant bounce back to be nearly thier former selves. This is my hope, but only God knows and only time will tell.

For me, I am going to live as big as I can for as long as I can. Keep pushing the envelopes until I die, or maybe die trying.
Thats all you can do is keep doing what you can.
Which is what, exactly? He went into this "hunt" knowing he was severely physically limited and had no real plan or accommodation in place to handle what would happen should his "uberfast" rifle fail to humanely kill the animal. It's time to hang it up.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
FWIW, I went after my bear, alone, the night I shot him and only quit when my flashlight did and I started tripping over limbs and vines. AFAIK, he was stone dead. The shot looked and sounded great, and the bear piled up and rolled quickly down into the nasty Blackberry vines and rocks with very steep slopes. The next morning, I was in the bottom of that canyon WITH JJ looking for my dead bear (All indications were that he was dead down in there) And was looking for blood or sign in the bottom of the drainage when Jim happened upon him and administered a Cou De Grace at nearly point blank range like anyone would have done.

And, I was as involved as anyone in recovery and processing the bear. The picture showed Jim H working on the bear while he was by the truck because I had stepped away to take that picture.

So many wrong, negative assumptions have been made along the way in this thread that have no basis in fact. Just speculation that turns into an accusation.

My friends who go with me on hunts go willingly, knowing that I need a bit more help these days due to my illness. I did not force anyone. And that day I dove down into the mix of everything and stayed at the project until the bear was in a cooler and the hide at the taxidermist.

I paid dearly for that in pain and exhaustion for the next few days after, but for me it was a good trade.

Yes, JJHack IS a very good man and I am fortunate to count him among my closest friends. I have helped others on game retrieval adventures when I could, and there may come a day when I can again. Some people post Kidney Transplant bounce back to be nearly thier former selves. This is my hope, but only God knows and only time will tell.

For me, I am going to live as big as I can for as long as I can. Keep pushing the envelopes until I die, or maybe die trying.

Thats all you can do is keep doing what you can. I knew a guy who helped a blind man kill a buck. I've known a couple guys in wheelchairs whose friends pushed them out in the woods. Thats what friends are for. I know I would never quit hunting unless I wAs competely bedridden. You get out there and do your best, and surround yourself with some good friends.

Mike,

I closed my eyes and imagined what you last deer hunt will look like...

[Linked Image]

Good luck when that time comes there Buddy!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Seafire

Thats all you can do is keep doing what you can. I knew a guy who helped a blind man kill a buck. I've known a couple guys in wheelchairs whose friends pushed them out in the woods. Thats what friends are for. I know I would never quit hunting unless I wAs competely bedridden. You get out there and do your best, and surround yourself with some good friends.

Mike,

I closed my eyes and imagined what you last deer hunt will look like...

[Linked Image]

Good luck when that time comes there Buddy!

I hope not LOL! grin

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Don't sweat it, a spotlight and a rest on the back and you will be fine.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by broomd
Originally Posted by wageslave
Originally Posted by JimH
I want to see a better pic.of the pick up with 2 full miles of 5/8" cable! That is almost 8000 lbs. of cable alone,plus the weight of the winch.Must have uber duty springs!

Dude, you should have been there. It was UBER..... EVERYTHING.
Not one bit was un-UBER.
Including awesome.... UBERED.
Kinda like UBER squared, only with more UBER.

Lol....
What a cluster fock.
D*mn.

Great beast, but ass shooting anything will cause uber suffering...

The whole thing was FUBAR. Fu***ng Ubered Beyond All Recognition

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have 3 kidneys, safariguy can have one if he wants.

pm me.

Hey!! Your going the wrongway.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
PM incooming, I sure hope you are not kidding. Call me naieive or whatever, but I have to have one so here we go.....

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

pm me.

PM incooming, I sure hope you are not kidding. Call me naieive or whatever, but I have to have one so here we go.....

Just...wow.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 4ager

pm me.

Just...wow.

So let me guess, you don't recognise sarcasm when you see it?

And the other tosser doesn't have three of anything, he is all arse-hole.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

pm me.

Just...wow.

Looks like a $10 tent on a cliff.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

pm me.

Just...wow.

Don't be distraught when you find out he doesn't really have 3 kidneys

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

pm me.

Just when I thought this cluster couldn't get any better.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I cannot stop laughing...

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't know about kidneys, but at one time, some said I must have had two livers....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
Travis

If your kidney was failing, you could stop laughing.

LOL
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

I actually have three nipples, and don't need any of them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

No chit!

Who needs Letterman?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Fireball2

If your kidney was failing, you could stop laughing.

Confucius?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by huntsonora

The whole thing was FUBAR. Fu***ng Ubered Beyond All Recognition

WHAT?
Did you read the article?
UBER AFIELD is a highly respected publication.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Page 20 of 40 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 39 40

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 308ld, 2500HD, 6 invisible), 1,476 guests, and 809 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,650
Posts18,512,635
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.