Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
Caught my own ricochiet. Bounced off! I am therefore Bullet Proof!

But then, I have also been stabbed, set on fire, and knocked out 7 times that i remember. Plus i've broken my left arm twice, 3 broken ribs, ACL replacement, gall bladder out, tonsils out, appendix out, and had a liver transplant.

All that and not ONCE did I ever say "Hold my beer and watch this".

I got to slow down.

Damm, do you know Safariman?

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Could have been me. I hunted coyote and rabbit in those groves as a kid (1981-1985). Dad still lives north of mountains on 49th. It's a small world.

Originally Posted by RoninPhx
long time ago, driving home from work on bell rd in phx, about where arrowhead was, but in those days orange groves. Heard a "thunk" and thought ran over something, or problem with car and stopped. Circled car and when i went to get back in, noticed the bullet hole a few inches below the drivers side window, hit the handle of the door which stopped the penetration. A few inches higher i would have got it in the head, neck, shoulder. Somebody in the orange groves. Wierd for me when i realized i had gotten out of the car and made a better target.

Here, hold my beer and watch this!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MissouriEd
Originally Posted by 4ager
If anyone here actually has witnessed or been in a shooting, bringing it up and discussing on an open forum is a REALLY bad idea.

Don't really think that after 50 years dead VC are going to monitor The Fire to see who kilt them.

Sure you don't.

I for one will chalk that up to you being a congenital idiot, with a half azzed attitude, and an overly smart mouth, "Ed".

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by eyeball
I caught a 7 1/2 in the belly at about 85 yards on a dove hunt last year. It brought blood and hurt like heck. I accused the guy of using 6's.

Be advised, I don't think you want to catch a 6 in the belly at 60 yards after that experience.

Were you hunting with Cheney?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
He dumped a 32 round mag of 9mm from his HK MP5SD into the side of the guy's head. He didn't make it.

sig line material there, Mister grin

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Was walking my dog by a liquor store when 2 guys ran out of the store and climbed over a fence. One was carrying a Ruger Super Redhawk.

[Linked Image from ]
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Freshman year in college.. was in Boston, right off Boston Common and the corner by State Street, the "Old Combat Zone".....

sitting at the light with some 3 other guys in the car...a guy ran out into the middle of the intersection and 3 shots rang out and his chest opens up as he hits the ground...

cops show up quickly and everyone there acts like they never saw it happen...

the other was in Basic in the Army.. two hispanic guys got into it over lord knows what, and it was three days of threats and breaking them up.. I think one was Puerto Rican, and the other one Cuban or Mexican...

we were out on the range, qualifying with the M 16s, and the Cuban/Mexican one, acted like his M 16 jammed and then turned and pointed it at the Puerto Rican, who was on ammo detail...

and unleashed the entire 20 round clip into him at close range...

that opened his chest up like a can of beans...

The drills tackled the shooter immediately who was trying to act like his gun just went off accidentally... they hauled him out of there immediately... and we never saw him again and they never mentioned his name again...

They pulled us off the range.. Marched us about 10 miles and brought us back to the range...chewed us out about range safety and that was that...

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
USMC 68-71, 13 month tour in Vietnam. Does that answer the question?

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Never saw a shooting but have had 2 guns pulled on me. Saw a guy get stabbed multiple time on the streets in DC. I was on a high school field trip and we didn't hang around.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Craigster

It does. Thank you for your sacrifice. You are still giving.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
If anyone here actually has witnessed or been in a shooting, bringing it up and discussing on an open forum is a REALLY bad idea.

Don't really think that after 50 years dead VC are going to monitor The Fire to see who kilt them.

Sure you don't.

I for one will chalk that up to you being a congenital idiot, with a half azzed attitude, and an overly smart mouth, "Ed".

GTC

LOL Thanks, I appreciate the compliment. Put me on ignore please.

Last edited by MissouriEd; 04/07/14.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Back in the day (meaning 25 years ago) eating dinner at a chicken joint with my fiance.
Young punk, crazy on crack, runs in the front door, bobbing and weaving around like he was in a dance contest, and yelling "get down, get down". I'm thinking he's "getting down" to the music until I see he's waving a cheap .25 auto and wants us all to get down on the floor. He runs through the restaurant pointing the gun at everybody and demands we get our wallets and jewelry out, then goes back to the front and starts collecting. I tell the old lady to throw her engagement ring up under the table, and I do the same with a stack of $20s, leaving about $3 in the wallet. When the punk gets to us, I realize I could disarm him, likely breaking his wrist in the process, but why take the chance ? I give him my empty wallet, and he scoots out the door. About that time the waitress comes out of the back room with our plates of fries chicken. Dinner that night was on the house.
He was busted the next day, largely on 20 people picking out his photo.

MOLON LABE
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by gmiller
Never saw a shooting but have had 2 guns pulled on me. Saw a guy get stabbed multiple time on the streets in DC. I was on a high school field trip and we didn't hang around.

yeah summer of 1970, a group of us from our Explorer Post had gone to hike the C&O Canal... we were strung out when we got down to Georgetown, and we had a rally point, that families were going to pick us up...

at the top of the stairs, coming off the Canal Trail, I get up there and some skinny drugged out black guy demanded my wallet... I told him NO, as I was pulling off my back pack..

he had a switch blade and lunged at my stomach to stab me.. I deflected it with my forearm....I still have a 6 inch scar from that...

it pissed me off to no end.. I grabbed his collar in my left hand and pulling him toward me slammed my right fist into his face... I was 200 lbs and he was about 100 lbs...

I punched him as hard as I could 2 or 3 times in the face and then just grabbed him by his collar with both hands and threw him over the rail, and him hitting the concrete down one flight of stairs...

The cops came running... EMTs showed up.. stopped the bleeding on me... the other guy had broke his arm, collar bone and shoulder when he hit the concrete, plus I broke his nose hitting him in the face...

it was pretty well witnessed, so there was no charges filed on me, and he ended up getting jail time....

even was back in the late 60s, early 70s, DC sucked....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Roundup, MT 2002? Watched a guy shoot himself in front of the police during a standoff

"For some unfortunates, poisoned by city sidewalks ... the horn of the hunter never winds at all" Robert Ruark, The Horn of the Hunter

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Had two kneegars try to rob me in Atlanta in the late eighties, they hauled ass when I broke out my pistol, I didn't feel like waiting for the cops to write up all the deceasement paperwork so I just started shooting at their feet as they were running, one of them was limping pretty good by the time the little Ruger was empty.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
No shots fired. Summer of '65, hitch-hiking home from college. '63 Caddy pulls over and offers a ride. Gone maybe a mile when he pulls a snub nose .38 and puts it to the side of my head. Says he needs gas money. As though reaching for my wallet, I pull a Ruger .22 auto on him. He decides he doesn't need my money and pulls over to let me out.

Last edited by websterparish47; 04/08/14.
iambrb Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Craigster

It does. Thank you for your sacrifice. You are still giving.

Please allow me to add my sincere thanks

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

Was kinda waiting for someone to post that, and being quiet�.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe

Was kinda waiting for someone to post that, and being quiet�.

It won't be nearly as bad as posting about a bear hunt, though.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well, I got such a story. Was the winter of '62 as I recall, when I shot my right big toe with a Benjamin air rifle. It did not penetrate the shoe leather, but as my toes was half froze it hurt like a bish! Don't ever underestimate the power of air!

I was not arrested.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

184 members (257 mag, 7887mm08, 35, 240NMC, 10Glocks, 15 invisible), 1,588 guests, and 876 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,504
Posts18,490,610
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.