Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 23 24
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Snork!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by eyeball
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Maybe hell is only filled with Christians.

Maybe you should discuss that with Him. Maybe He lied about that 'great gulf' He wrote about in The Bible, but I doubt it.

Since HE sat down and penned the entire thing you would have thunk HE would have had a Mac book and a printing press the help get the word out.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I was making a suggestion to Steel. No doubt, you are beyond the power of suggestion. grin

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by eyeball

Maybe you should discuss that with Him. Maybe He lied about that 'great gulf' He wrote about in The Bible, but I doubt it.

Since HE sat down and penned the entire thing you would have thunk HE would have had a Mac book and a printing press the help get the word out.

Nope, most wouldn't read enough to get the difference between a Pharisee and a Christian anyway.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Not a chance, only those who thought they were Christians, maybe. Wide is the gate that leads to destruction. Many will pass through it, those that actually/really know God will not. It's not for me to judge though. I just know who won't be there.......

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B2

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by Ringman
Snake River Marksman,
I just wish I could get past the "big business" attitude of most of the major religions/churches. I believe in God, I just don't believe in the religions as they are run today.

Being a part of organized religion will not prevent God from sending you to Hell. God gets real edgy about folks rejecting His Gift of His Son. You can not be good enough to get past God's anger of you rejecting His Gift of His Son. Jesus is a Free Gift to those who ask God to send His Son into their lives. While you're at it, ask to be filled with His Holy Spirit.

There is not always a feeling accompanying this prayer. Sometimes there is. The feeling is not what saves; accepting God's Gift of His Son saves from the bondage of sin now and eternal punishment later.

" . . . Jesus is a Free Gift to those who ask God to send His Son into their lives. . ."

So I understand you to say that receiving this Free Gift (Jesus) is conditional, correct? You have to do something? Correct?

So exactly what do you have to do? Is there a specific "word formula" someone has to recite to receive this free gift? If so what is it and where did you discover it? What about people who cannot speak? If this "free gift" is really "free," you would think that it would be unconditional.

Ask and you will receive.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TNrifleman
Absolutely no doubt in my mind about the reality of Heaven and Hell. Thanks for sharing.

+1

Thanks for the post.

- Rogue
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
Originally Posted by TNrifleman
Absolutely no doubt in my mind about the reality of Heaven and Hell. Thanks for sharing.

Nor about which one I am working towards to taking up residence in someday.

uh? Which place?

Hey!! Your going the wrongway.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by Ringman
Snake River Marksman,
I just wish I could get past the "big business" attitude of most of the major religions/churches. I believe in God, I just don't believe in the religions as they are run today.

Being a part of organized religion will not prevent God from sending you to Hell. God gets real edgy about folks rejecting His Gift of His Son. You can not be good enough to get past God's anger of you rejecting His Gift of His Son. Jesus is a Free Gift to those who ask God to send His Son into their lives. While you're at it, ask to be filled with His Holy Spirit.

There is not always a feeling accompanying this prayer. Sometimes there is. The feeling is not what saves; accepting God's Gift of His Son saves from the bondage of sin now and eternal punishment later.

" . . . Jesus is a Free Gift to those who ask God to send His Son into their lives. . ."

So I understand you to say that receiving this Free Gift (Jesus) is conditional, correct? You have to do something? Correct?

So exactly what do you have to do? Is there a specific "word formula" someone has to recite to receive this free gift? If so what is it and where did you discover it? What about people who cannot speak? If this "free gift" is really "free," you would think that it would be unconditional.

God know your heart OrangeOkie. No need to outwardly "speak". As eyeball says, all you have to do is "ask", and mean it. Then the way you live should reflect what you asked for.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by BarryC
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman

You can go to church and not give them any money. Just sayin'. smile

Not only that, they pass around a plate that you can take money out of.

Travis

You're wasting your time if you sit in the front pew---sit in the back ones. wink

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MColeman

You're wasting your time if you sit in the front pew---sit in the back ones. wink

Mickey,

I'm stupid. Not [bleep]' stupid.

grin

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by MColeman

Mickey,

I'm [bleep]' stupid.

grin

Travis

fixed it for ya travesty.

Hey!! Your going the wrongway.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Thanks, Doc.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe this, maybe that - conjecture can be interesting and enjoyable - but there comes a moment where "maybe" just won't cut it. And, unending moments after that.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How to explain the many NDE that relate a happy, comforting light/presence by people who make no pretense of believing or following 'god'?

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks, Doc.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
I don't know, man. I just don't know. But Alexander's NDE experience as described in "Proof Of Heaven" doesn't say a thing about Jesus, and says some things that suggest our human understanding of how it works is flawed at best.

I believe what I believe according to the best studying and praying I can do, but I'm open to whatever God has in mind, and I ain't gonna argue with him when I kneel before him.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"I am the way, and the truth, and the life..."

Notice it doesn't say "like" or "similar to". No simile there.
He is.
So, if a man unacquainted with the historical Jesus seeks the way, the truth & the life, he is seeking Jesus.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by BarryC
"I am the way, and the truth, and the life..."

Notice it doesn't say "like" or "similar to". No simile there.
He is.
So, if a man unacquainted with the historical Jesus seeks the way, the truth & the life, he is seeking Jesus.

Bingo!!!

BarryC has encapsulated the concept that has been elucidated at great length by Irenaeus, Jerome, and Aquinas, not to mention more recent leading lights such as G.K.Chesterton and C.S. Lewis.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
,...not to mention Albert Hoffman

Jesus speaks to his disciples, as he takes leave of them:

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

At that day ye shalt know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

This promise constitutes the heart of my Christian beliefs and my call to natural-scientific research: we will attain to knowledge of the universe through the spirit of truth, and thereby to understanding of our being one with the deepest, most comprehensive reality, God.

--Albert Hoffman

Page 5 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 59 invisible), 2,628 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,516
Posts18,509,564
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.