Page 7 of 24 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 23 24
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by eyeball
Originally Posted by WillARights
You have to come back from the dead to report, Hawk. That doesn't take modern medicine to do always, and folks through the millennium didnt know any different.

"Non responsive" was probably dead to them

By the Grace of God, did Lazarus not return from the dead?

Yeah, he did... and as his friends said, "Lord, he already stinketh!"

But Laz neglected to write down his experiences for posterity, hence the post-modernist dismissal of his miraculous resurrection at Jesus' command.

I mean, dude, if he had REALLy been raised from the dead, he woulda got a book contract at LEAST, if not movie rights? Right? RIGHT??

I mean, am I not frikin' RIGHT??? Pshaw!!

I rest my case, dude.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by ringworm
I remember the passage in the bible where Max explains that Jesus was only mostly dead and that mostly dead is still partly alive.
no...
wait...
that was a different fairy tale.

Yeah, you might try a little harder to keep 'em straight there, Wormtongue... I mean Ringworm... y'know, engage brain before engaging keyboard, that kinda thing...

wink

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
You have to come back from the dead to report, Hawk. That doesn't take modern medicine to do always, and folks through the millennium didnt know any different.

Yup, and stinkin dead is seriously dead. Those that know this, know this.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Doc R.

Haven't read all 12 pages of the thread but a great story and some good information. I'm not an overly religiously guy, but believe in heaven and hell as sure as I'm sitting here.

There's much that can't always be explained, like Blue's thread on angles, but that sure doesn't mean it's not real.

Cheers!

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Right Doc, but you are an educated man in modern medicine. Not a caveman, or even a person in 1000AD, when medicine as we know it was not as advanced.

The notions or heaven and hell are not modern. So millennium old ideas of heaven and hell, and modern medicines ideas and knowledge of unresponsive and dead are not of the same age, or equivalent.

The notions had to come from somewhere. Just speculating on my part. Not an argument. I happen to be a believer, just wondering about Mojos point of a universal NDE experience, regardless of belief, ad wondering why that would be.

Last edited by WillARights; 04/08/14.

Trump HAD the World, ", Trump saw our children, "
Trump saw a way to make a brighter day so he started giving
There was a choice he was making, he was saving our own lives
Its true he made a brighter day for you and me. --Trump WINS 2016
IC B2

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by oldtrapper

Yup, and stinkin dead is seriously dead. Those that know this, know this.

They weren't Dimocraps. They weren't liars.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
I totally hear ya, WAR. Who knows WTF went on back in the day? I expect folks got burned at the stake for giving credence to stuff I've said today here on the innanet, or for what Eben Alexander said in his book.

Heterodoxy has never been a popular career choice for folks who want to retire in Boca Raton.

Anyways, I just carry on and tell what I've seen and what I know. I'm not that much different from that dang caveman, truth to tell, and I can't come up with a contradictory argument to Mojo's point, either.

I don't believe I'm required or called to. Food for thought for all of us, regardless of belief.

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Akbob5
Doc R.

Haven't read all 12 pages of the thread but a great story and some good information. I'm not an overly religiously guy, but believe in heaven and hell as sure as I'm sitting here.

There's much that can't always be explained, like Blue's thread on angles, but that sure doesn't mean it's not real.

Cheers!

Are you sure you're sittin' there? Can you prove it?

wink

Cheers, mate. It'll all come out in the wash Last Judgment.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Yep, Jesus never beat the Truth into anyone nor even twisted an arm, as the Muzzies are prone to do, or even more just to save you. grin

Darn, I just can't help it Doc. The Truth will set you free.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep, Jesus never beat the Truth into anyone nor even twisted an arm, as the Muzzies are prone to do, or even more just to save you. grin

Truer words were never spoken.

Those who have made light of this subject throughout this thread, are trying to ease their fears and comfort one another that their non belief and cavalier attitude will get them through if they stick together. I hope, REALLY hope, AND pray - sincerely- that they figure out soon enough that a repaired relationship with God through acknowledgement of Jesus and thier Lord (ruler over thier life) and Saviour, is their only real hope. That is true for any of us.

In answer to an earlier question, each of us do SOMETHING, every singe day, that is grievious enough to self condmen us to hell forever. It is ONLY By Gods GRACE (or, unmerited favor) THROUGH Christ and belief in him that makes the decision of which eternity for ANY of us! No matter how good or bad we think we are or are not and no matter how well we think we stack up against others or if our good deeds are more than our not so good deeds and thoughts. That will not be the marker or deciding factor. It will be only this: What did you do with Jesus, Gods only begotten Son who was God himself in the flesh? Accept him and his offer? Or reject it (maybe even ridicule it)? That, and that alone will either cause you to condemn your own self to Hell, and accepting plus getting to know Jesus whhile making him your King is the ONLY way to assure onesself of Heaven with God. It is really simple, but it is not so easy for some.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Those who have made light of this subject throughout this thread, are trying to ease their fears and comfort one another that their non belief and cavalier attitude will get them through if they stick together.

Can you not conceive that some people simply do not believe what you do? There is no fear to ease or need to stick together for someone who does not believe. A good chunk of the world doesn't see any more reason to fear the biblical hell than you do to fear the wrath of Odin.
I get that it is hard to imagine that something so real and apparent to you can be dismissed so easily by others but it is.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by billhilly
Can you not conceive that some people simply do not believe what you do? There is no fear to ease or need to stick together for someone who does not believe. A good chunk of the world doesn't see any more reason to fear the biblical hell than you do to fear the wrath of Odin.
I get that it is hard to imagine that something so real and apparent to you can be dismissed so easily by others but it is.

I can do more than conceive such disbelief - I feel it to be certain. It is quite clear that the message of salvation, the description of hell and other such Biblical assurances are very easiy dismissed by some folks. It is very much a matter of individual choice. Some will choose to be dismissive, and such choice is foretold in Scripture. Understanding this seems not a problem - lamenting this fact can be problematic.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I will respectively oblige the good Doc by not commenting as he requested in the OP.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
There is absolutely NO doubt what-so-ever that both, heaven and hell truly exist.

For the record, the only way to heaven is found by accepting Jesus Christ as one's Lord and Savior.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
"There are none so blind as those who will not see."

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
The darkest part of hell is reserved for "christians" who claim to be christians, but follow every lust and greedy desire. If you doubt that, then you'd better start reading 2nd Peter, and your Bible in general.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Another Amen from the back row!

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Calvin
The darkest part of hell is reserved for "christians" who claim to be christians, but follow every lust and greedy desire. If you doubt that, then you'd better start reading 2nd Peter, and your Bible in general.

We could all understand the Bible better than we do by studying it more, including you probably. I know I should.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i have some ocean front property to sell.........

Last edited by srwshooter; 04/09/14.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
my favorite part us when Jesus flew around the world backwards and turned back time to save Lois

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Page 7 of 24 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 63 invisible), 2,648 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,515
Posts18,509,546
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.