-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never saw any claim to be highly intelligent on this thread... They're all up at the Campfire, the smart ones.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

GB1

Z
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
Originally Posted by Mink
While I might not agree with your particular labeling. Your point is correct.

That was not labels I put on any one. That is labels that each of you used on each other on post earlier in this thread.

Don't mess with me, I'm too old to fight, too fat to run, so I going to have to kill you.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Zr10054
Originally Posted by Mink
While I might not agree with your particular labeling. Your point is correct.

That was not labels I put on any one. That is labels that each of you used on each other on post earlier in this thread.

Afraid not friend. I have yet to use any such terms in this thread. To let a troll, or two, provoke me to such is to allow them to win.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well there is a new seller in town and his Grand opening starts tomorrow. Gander Mountain Fenton, Missouri offers, in todays ad six different brands of 22 LR with bricks from 330 rounds to an 2000 round ammo box.If you purchased one of each you would have about 4500 rounds. No good quality primo accurate stuff but its a whole lot better than nothing. To their credit all prices were at sub shortage levels, e.g. Winchester 333 count box $17.99. Winchester Bulk Ammo cam 2000 rounds $139.99. It will be very interesting to see how Walmart, down the street, responds.

Last edited by tack; 04/09/14.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
LMAO. Some here just don't seem to get ANYTHING........

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
LMAO. Some here just don't seem to get ANYTHING........

Yes.. Tack, ask if they give rain checks... They will not have the ammo.

Had the first Cabela's open in Georgia last week. 130 miles from me. The only thing to come out of it was to have tax added to any order I may make in the future.

Had a heated discussion with someone in their high office as they started adding the tax before the store actually opened.

Goes without saying, I will not be shopping at Cabela's or with my Cabela's card any more.

F--- Them!

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Geo,
I have not found that to be the case. The store opened a week ago. On day one, last Friday, I bought 1000 rounds of Federal Champion. The following Monday I bought 500 rounds of CCI Std. Vel. and 300 rounds CCI Green Tag. So I would be the last one to Pi&& on their parade.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am indeed surprised. The ammo adds around here are empty, only to bring in shoppers. There has been no ammo, but I'm talkin Bass Pro, not Gander Mountain.
Glad you were able to score some ammo. Maybe some will be headed to the SE area states.

Geo

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I've got 22 bricks of Federal red box with the Eagle I'd sell for $25 a brick.

LOL
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
How much is shipping per brick?

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
count me in!

in stark contrast to those who say they go down to the LGS and get bricks whenever they want... i cant seem to find much .22 locally, but the local gun shop just got in a few bricks of cheap blazer .22.

Care to guess how much they were charging for 50 pack?

Last edited by robertham1; 04/09/14.
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
I'd take you up as well fireball..what are the terms?

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
$12 per box of 50. imagine that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was in the Academy store in Norman, Oklahoma this evening...and they had probably 100 fifty round boxes of Remington Thunderbolt .22LR sitting on the shelf; and right next to them were probably 75 fifty round boxes of Federal .22LR in the blue box. Either brand was priced at $2.29 per box.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
To add to the frustrations here (sunnyvale, ca) we have to register to buy any ammo in the city.... Fingerprinted, how many rounds are being purchased... The NRA is filing a lawsuit regarding it.

Yea, 2.29 a box.... I dream of seeing .22 on the shelves, let alone at a reasonable price.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I would like in on a brick also pm incoming.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I've got 22 bricks of Federal red box with the Eagle I'd sell for $25 a brick.

The correspondence following my post prove to me that there are plenty of respectful men on the fire. Nobody is asking for more than two bricks, all are not tripping over each other and pushing/shoving like a bunch of animals.
It's obvious the problem with this thread is not the participants that are frustrated with Shrap or their character, as many of you would like to deride, it's Shrapnels perceived gouging at the expense of his fellow shooter. What's going on is called righteous indignation.
Good men are righteously pissed.
I am sorry to say I posted to prove this point. My apologies to the many good men that responding needing ammunition. I understand your frustration. I am championing the many good men against the gougers, and defending their indignation. Good men are tired of being gouged and will act respectfully all day long if treated respectfully.
If you all were objective, and overlooked your loyalties to whoever this Shrap is, you'd see this. Objectively, Shrap is nothing to me but another internet poster. I don't know the man nor his character, nor does he or any of you know mine. I don't think because he sells ammo at high prices I would condemn him to hell, but I do believe he's created alot of negative response with his pricing.
Good men are frustrated by this "treatment" and are speaking out. The gougers are driving nice people to frustration, and I for one see it for what it is.
Again, my sincere apologies to those looking for ammo, I did not wish to get your hopes up only to disappoint you, but the point needed to be made that this sort of pricing is eliciting this response not because the responders lack character, but because the gougers are frustrating good people. I found the people asking for ammo to be VERY respectful. My regret is drawing the same good men in to prove this point.
I'm not saying Shrap can't ask whatever he wants, but when you put people over a barrel, and he knows he is, expect anger as a response and quit defending yourself. You created the problem, own it. If you don't like being in that position, don't intentionally put yourself in the position of ammo dealer.
You ask for it, you get it, then you complain about the response you get?
I'm not buying any high priced ammo. I'll go w/o if necessary. I would suggest all of us quit buying 22 ammo at these prices and make these dealers eat their ammo for lunch. Remember, 22 ammo is optional, no need to get all worked up over it, just say no and maybe these guys will kindly see the error of their ways.

I expect repercussions for this post from someone, or many someones. I am prepared to take it, to have said my piece. Whatever accusations are made, whatever filth spews forth, the only ones that would bother me a bit would be the good men disappointed that I do not have ammo for sale. Again, my apologies. The rest, the professional flamers, who cares, blow yourself up with rage.

Flame suit on.

LOL
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Fireball2

The correspondence following my post prove to me that there are plenty of respectful men on the fire. Nobody is asking for more than two bricks, all are not tripping over each other and pushing/shoving like a bunch of animals.
It's obvious the problem with this thread is not the participants that are frustrated with Shrap or their character, as many of you would like to deride, it's Shrapnels perceived gouging at the expense of his fellow shooter. What's going on is called righteous indignation.
Good men are righteously pissed.
I am sorry to say I posted to prove this point. My apologies to the many good men that responding needing ammunition. I understand your frustration. I am championing the many good men against the gougers, and defending their indignation. Good men are tired of being gouged and will act respectfully all day long if treated respectfully.
If you all were objective, and overlooked your loyalties to whoever this Shrap is, you'd see this. Objectively, Shrap is nothing to me but another internet poster. I don't know the man nor his character, nor does he or any of you know mine. I don't think because he sells ammo at high prices I would condemn him to hell, but I do believe he's created alot of negative response with his pricing.
Good men are frustrated by this "treatment" and are speaking out. The gougers are driving nice people to frustration, and I for one see it for what it is.
Again, my sincere apologies to those looking for ammo, I did not wish to get your hopes up only to disappoint you, but the point needed to be made that this sort of pricing is eliciting this response not because the responders lack character, but because the gougers are frustrating good people. I found the people asking for ammo to be VERY respectful. My regret is drawing the same good men in to prove this point.
I'm not saying Shrap can't ask whatever he wants, but when you put people over a barrel, and he knows he is, expect anger as a response and quit defending yourself. You created the problem, own it. If you don't like being in that position, don't intentionally put yourself in the position of ammo dealer.
You ask for it, you get it, then you complain about the response you get?
I'm not buying any high priced ammo. I'll go w/o if necessary. I would suggest all of us quit buying 22 ammo at these prices and make these dealers eat their ammo for lunch. Remember, 22 ammo is optional, no need to get all worked up over it, just say no and maybe these guys will kindly see the error of their ways.

I expect repercussions for this post from someone, or many someones. I am prepared to take it, to have said my piece. Whatever accusations are made, whatever filth spews forth, the only ones that would bother me a bit would be the good men disappointed that I do not have ammo for sale. Again, my apologies. The rest, the professional flamers, who cares, blow yourself up with rage.

Flame suit on.

Laughing my [bleep]' ass off....

Holy balls. That is great.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am not to going to go through your whole little diatribe Fireball, so let me summarize for those that come later. You are pissed at Shrap for listing an item he wishes to sell at a reasonable rate in his opinion. Never mind the fact that this country so many of you vow to protect, and the freedoms it affords is based upon free enterprise,the basis of which is supply and demand.

So in your "righteous indignation" you think you are justified in lying to people about your willingness to sell ammo. Sir, I have to tell you....dishonesty is much much worse in my book. You are a lier, and have proved it with your own actions. All the hot air you expel after the fact does nothing to diminish this truth.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Even the freaking illegal drug markets are governed by supply and demand. How is ammo any different?

Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (160user, 22250rem, 1936M71, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 62 invisible), 2,489 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,479
Posts18,490,020
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.