Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Once again, I've never understood why people have refunds.

If you're on a fixed income, then it's pretty easy to have the proper amount withheld.

Some of us have variable monthly incomes and have to make estimated payments. If you underestimate too often, you get penalized. So, you have to slightly overestimate and then get a refund.

Keep your gun-hand ready and your eyes peeled.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Government spending and thieves in government is the problem, not the tax system. Even if you go to a flat tax and don't cure the source of the problem, you will wind up paying a lot more than 10%.

Start with 10% of your income, then pay health tax, sin tax on anything not healthy, air quality tax on mileage over what is determined reasonable, too many children tax, inequality of resources tax if you own too much land. ETC ETC ETC.

The problem is largeness of government and leaders drunk on power and tax money. This is the problem which must be fixed.

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
"It's flat because their are no deductions or credits available to you regardless of bracket."

Incremental brackets are not flat, they are "progressive."

Keep your gun-hand ready and your eyes peeled.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"Passed in the 2008 farm Bill" very interesting to say the least. I'd like to see who authored the bill at least that part.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Flat Tax in-bedded in everything you buy is the answer . No one regardless of their income should be exempt . You would then pay the amount of taxes for the income you have earned and not depend on other who have worked harder to pay your share . This country would save billions of dollars by eliminating most of the IRS.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No refunds for anyone.

Hard to seize money from refunds if there ain't any damn refunds.

Right, as far as it goes, but in a case like this the .gov would just try to collect the SS overpayment via some other channel.

Hard for me to understand the legality of holding anyone other than the person who received the overpaid benefit liable for payback.

MM

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by gitem_12

No a flat tax, with no deductions and no credits would solve alot. Especially if you take away the automatic withholdings and force people to actually write a check every quarter.

No earned income credit for the whores

No deductions, personal or business

12% personal tax. Up to 250,000 personal income. 17% after that. 25% for business taxes

Not really sure I follow you. No business deductions? What does that mean? If it costs a farmer 200k to run his farm, and he brings in 250k in revenue, that means he pays 12% tax on 250k?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Put me in the "No income tax at all" camp.

Straight-up consumption tax. 1 sales tax rate for any/all purchasing, no exemptions.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by horse1

Straight-up consumption tax. 1 sales tax rate for any/all purchasing, no exemptions.
+1 Everyone will feel it, and everyone will work to reduce the flat sales tax, and thus government spending too.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I disagree with an increase based on income amounts. Nothing more FAIR than FAIR.

Everyone pays the same, no kids, 10 kids, making a billion a year, making 10K a year.

Yep and something I never hear mentioned is the incentive provided to the feds for a healthy economy.

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by RDW
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
flat tax would solve this

A flat tax and a tax on EVERY person that works.

I'd prefer a tax on everyone in the form of a consumption tax. You'll have more people dropping out of the workforce, and collecting .gov benefits. I'd like a 8% flat tax on income, and a 5% tax (just made up numbers) on consumption. That way, everybody pays.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I agree.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by horse1

+1 Everyone will feel it, and everyone will work to reduce the flat sales tax, and thus government spending too.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Karnis
Mi
I disagree with an increase based on income amounts. Nothing more FAIR than FAIR.

Everyone pays the same, no kids, 10 kids, making a billion a year, making 10K a year.

Yep and something I never hear mentioned is the incentive provided to the feds for a healthy economy.

Problem you have is that the economy will take a giant hit if you tax the poor. Poor people spend every dime they have. By keeping money with the poor, you are guaranteeing a nice stimulus in the economy that keeps businesses chugging along.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Calvin
[quote=gitem_12]

No a flat tax, with no deductions and no credits would solve alot. Especially if you take away the automatic withholdings and force people to actually write a check every quarter.

No earned income credit for the whores

No deductions, personal or business

12% personal tax. Up to 250,000 personal income. 17% after that. 25% for business taxes

Not really sure I follow you. No business deductions? What does that mean? If it costs a farmer 200k to run his farm, and he brings in 250k in revenue, that means he pays 12% tax on 250k?
[/quote

There is one glitch in taxing business.
If you tax them they have to transfer the tax to their next costumer and that costumer adds that cost on to his price and adds the tax that he has to pay and the cost gos up with every middle man until the final costumer pays all of the inflated costs do to the hidden taxes that add up from every one above them.
If the business does not pass the tax on to the next person or business. They go out of business.

I am for a flat tax on the end user.That would be a true flat tax.
Too many people lie about being the end user when they feel lie they are entitled.

Finding a way to just charge the end user the tax would be the way to go. But we need to rain in our out of control government or the flat tax will be 100% and it will not be enough for them.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
First I've heard of it and I'm in the business. Sounds fishy to me. I think there is more to this story than meets the eye.

That is one more reason to always make sure you never get a refund and always owe them money. Once you send them the money it's their money and not your money. I always pay estimates, no refund and if there should be a refund I apply it to next year's estimate.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jocko_Slugshot
Once again, I've never understood why people have refunds.

If you're on a fixed income, then it's pretty easy to have the proper amount withheld.

Some of us have variable monthly incomes and have to make estimated payments. If you underestimate too often, you get penalized. So, you have to slightly overestimate and then get a refund.

Pay the penalty and interest it's peanuts. It beats a refund.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
No refunds for anyone.

Hard to seize money from refunds if there ain't any damn refunds.

Right, as far as it goes, but in a case like this the .gov would just try to collect the SS overpayment via some other channel.

Hard for me to understand the legality of holding anyone other than the person who received the overpaid benefit liable for payback.

MM

The Federal government can pass any law it wants to and screw anybody it wants to. There's nothing to prevent it from doing so. That was settled from 1860 to 1865.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
The feds do not care how much is taken in on taxes. They just borrow and spend more. This bill is fked up to go back 30 years and take peoples money that were paid to relatives.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Obviously there would have to be a lot more taken into account like a BBA but that'll never happen....and yes ripping off a relative for what someone else did....that's just plain ole stealing.

I think we should create a chargeback for all the lies sold by a politician.

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Refunds could still be possible with a flat tax. Not everyone collects a bi-weekly paycheck or pays a single tax bill at the end of the year.

I too like the idea of a flat tax. Not a fan of a federal sales tax though.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (10Glocks, 160user, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 1minute, 1234, 68 invisible), 2,142 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,780
Posts18,495,926
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.