Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
My only son, Daniel, and his Wife Kristina are at the hospital in Miami Florida right now for the second time in as many days. Our third grandbaby is due in LATE May, but my DIL Kristina started bleeding over the weekend, and today her water broke. If the baby is born tonight - and it looks like this is going to be the case - the baby will be a full 7 weeks early. Very premature.

The Dr's are monitoring the momma and the baby closely, and giving them both anti-biotics, nutrition and growth steroids so as to give the baby the best possible opportunity to grow his or her lungs and heart while in the last few hours of time in the womb.

THANK YOU, in advance, to the many here who pray and care. You all mean MUCH to me and I know that you all have your own struggles. I am just pretty worried about my son's family and my newest grandbaby right now.

I am SO GLAD that my strength is in the LORD GOD, creator of this entire universe, who loves me and cares about me. You will understand this better when I give up the rest of the story:

This past Saturday, as Sherri and I were flying home from the Cancer Treatment Center in Zion Ill, I got a rather hysterical phone call from my mother in North Idaho. My aunt Bevery, her closest sister emotionally and geographically, had just died. There was no way that I could re route our flights to be with her at this difficult time, and I was exhausted from the cancer center trip anyways. My poor 94 year old Grandmother has now had to suffer through the funerals of two husbands and now three of her own children. I hope that I can comfort my grandma some with this memorial service, message and song.

On the SAME DAY (Saturday), while we are still in transit from the Cancer Center and worried about my mom and grandma, I also get a call from my son that Kristina and the baby are in trouble. Kristina is bleeding and having other trouble and they are in the hospital. Of course, I cannot get THERE to be with my son and his family, either. Sunday I was pretty wiped out and other than going to church I slept all day and night.

Monday I was asked by my mom and cousins to come up to North Idaho and conduct the memorial and Eulogy for my aunt. On my way to North Idaho this afternoon, while communicating with my cousins and mom about tomorrows service and what they all want, and while practicing my song that I will sing to try and bring some comfort to my mom and cousins and grandma, in addition to a Euology, I get the call from my son that Kristina's water has broken and my grandbaby is likely coming, ready world or NOT! But of course pre-mature by quite a lot.

So, right now I am trying to rest a little and prepare for conducting and preaching the funeral while monitoring my son and DIL's and #3 Grandbaby's condition from 3,000 miles away. Adding all of this to my news from my Nephrologist and the Cancer Center and trying to proccess all of this...

I am SO VERY GLAD that I KNOW in my heart and in my mind, thouroughly convinced, that our great God - whom I gladly declare as my Lord, Ruler and thankfully also Saviour and friend, has all of this wrapped up and planned out and is actually carrying this load. I cannot bear that which, without him, would otherwise be upon me right now in my weakened state.

Thank you, all of you, for your prayers and care. With those prayers plus a bit of faith resulting in Gods intervention and healing and Holy Spirit Power I will have a wonderful report of a healthy new grandbaby tomorrow and a wonderful time of remembering , honoring, grieving properly but also rejoicing for my aunt Beverly who is now at REST in Jesus and way better off than all of us put together!

All Praise and Glory and Honor and Worship be to God.

I am going to try and sleep here in a bit, but will surely have my telephone on by my bed here!

MARK

Last edited by safariman; 04/16/14.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
GB1

L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Praying now Mark. All things are possible thru Christ...

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Mark, I am praying for you and yours as I type. My nephew was so premature, he weighed 2 lbs 6 ozs at birth. At 32 years old - he is 6 ft tall, and weighs 280# - NOT a failure to thrive case!
Best wishes to you and all of yours.

Mark

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Consider it done Mark. For you and all of your family.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Hang int there.

SCI Life Member
DAV Life Member
NRA Life Member
North American Hunt Club Life Member

Your true character shows in your conduct

You cannot solve a problem at the same level of awareness that created it - Einstein
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks, all of you.

I just got a text from my beautiful bride (Asphalt Angel here) INSTRUCTING and COMMANDING me to go right to bed! shocked

So, off I go, trusting in the Lord and thankful for her and for all of you.

More news tomorrow,

Good night.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thoughts and prayers from Iowa.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Did it before reading your post, Mark. Talk to God and be still, He said. Give Him His time. He is never too late.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mark, view it all as positive.

Your aunt is celebrating a homecoming, I'm sure your message will convey that to all.

All these other events are in God's hands. I pray that the neonatal unit will have all the utmost advanced medical capabilities possible and be staffed with caring, compassionate professionals.

I also pray that you Don't let the physical and mental loads of this drain you of your strength to keep your unwaivering faith high as we spoke about. Guard your witness as always sir, it is an encouragement to me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Prayers sent.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Godspeed to all. Get your rest.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Prayers from here.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Prayers sent. I am a NICU doc, and while 7 weeks early is still quite premature we can support those babies very very well.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh man, don't know where to begin except to say you've got the answer.

Originally Posted by safariman
All Praise and Glory and Honor and Worship be to God.

Prayers of course.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Prayers sent.

Harry
D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
Prayers sent

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Done

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by slumlord

I also pray that you Don't let the physical and mental loads of this drain you of your strength to keep your unwaivering faith high as we spoke about. Guard your witness as always sir, it is an encouragement to me.

This, get some rest. Worry is a lack of faith.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Done.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
sent from here

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (1234, 007FJ, 160user, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 12savage, 61 invisible), 2,535 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,684
Posts18,475,043
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.