Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
We had some misfortune earlier, our boy died on 4/10 from injuries sustained in a motorcycle wreck on 4/4. He fought hard, and looked promising the first couple of days but the trauma to his brain was to extensive. His helmet was found at the scene, but it's a possibility he didn't have it on. We got the call in the late evening and drove all night, thinking he was being kept alive long enough for us to say goodbye. He did stabilize, but never regained consciousness. The last day his temp went berserk and it was decided there was no brain function left. His wife included me in all the decisions, she asked me if she could disconnect him. So Trud & I said our goodbyes, we left his room and not 30 seconds later he was gone. His wife didn't have to follow through on her decision. He did all of us one final beautiful favor. His first child is probably due within the week.

This kid had a rough life, his real dad died when he was 9mos old, from the time he was 3 I was the only dad he knew. His mom died when he was 18. Shortly after that he joined the Marines, did 2 tours of Iraq and got out a Sgt. He then joined the AZ Nat. Guard full time and did 2 more tours. Came back without a scratch. Seems like a lot of these kids need a constant adrenaline rush when they get back.

He was given a military funeral, the flag was presented by a General, there were over 200 Patriot Guard bikers, at least that many folks in uniform, they also had the wrecker he drove in Iraq at the head of the cars. It took 45 min for all the cars to arrive after we got there. They sent him out with a bang.

The American Legion bike club he was the VP of gave us money for the hotel and enough for a nice stone. These guys were unbelievable. So Trud & I wish to give something back to the club, we're thinking of donating a NIB M-70. We are in NV, I'm wondering if we will hit any legal snags delivering it to AZ (Calling Bricktop!).

He didn't get his life insurance switched over to his wife from me, so we're also dealing with how to get this money to her without paying up to 50% tax. If we get this done, our grandchild should never want for anything. His widow is also in the NG.

We had some great times with him, just not enough of 'em.

Eagles may soar, but a weasel never got sucked into a jet turbine!
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Thank you for his service to our country ,may he rest in peace ,may God give you all peace which only he can instill and may his unborn child know how truly great a man he was ,I'm so sorry for your loss

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
My heart breaks for you and yours. having a hard time typing through the tears. may God give you relief from grief. nothing hurts like losing a child. will keep you in prayers.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Semper Fi brother.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
You and yours have my prayers - but I have no answers.
May God bless all of you.

Mark

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Sooooo sorry to hear of this.I am not a praying man or religious in any way, but all my thoughts are with you. Religious or not, there are things we simply don't have any kind of acceptable answer for...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
There is no way I can fathom your pain.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mark shubert
You and yours have my prayers - but I have no answers.
May God bless all of you.

Mark

This expresses my emotions far better than I could have on my own. I grieve with all of you. It sounds as if you were a great dad.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry Russ. My thoughts and Prayers to all of you and my Salute to your Boy. Regardless of age, he will always be your boy.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
My sincere condolences and gratitude for the courageous and patriotic life you son led. I pray God's peace and healing for you all. It seems words are so empty but somehow grief shared is grief diminished. Godspeed.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you decline the insurance as a beneficiary, it will then go to probate and go to his wife. But before you do this, make sure there is no secondary beneficiary listed on the policy.

So sorry for your loss.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
First of all, you and your family are in my prayers. Secondly, how can I help?

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Prayers sent...so sorry for your loss!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
13But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 14For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 15For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 18Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

These are the only words of any comfort to a Christian because they promise you will see him again. My heart goes out to you, as well as my prayers.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Joint bank account.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like the way you're thinking, Scott.

Only the good die young...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
That said, PLEASE ensure when you set up a joint account that she has Right's of Survivorship, else it will go into Probate should you die.

I've seen EVERY WAY a person can [bleep] stuff up with my FIL's death a few weeks ago.

Last edited by Steelhead; 04/20/14.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
sounds like the best and easyist plan.

prayers sent

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry to hear of your loss. Prayers from Arizona.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
So sorry for you and the rest of the families loss.
God Bless.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (2500HD, 1_deuce, 257_X_50, 222Sako, 257 mag, 1minute, 63 invisible), 2,606 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,562
Posts18,473,169
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.