Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 31 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 30 31
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Very disappointing that such a rifle would ship from someone that clearly knows what it takes to make a proper rifle.

Rancho,

Curious why you went for the Forbes over a Montana. Just to give one a run?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
HR IC

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Having an early long action, I would say the bolt was rough but after cycling it a�couple hundred times it is smooth as any rifle I have. I have been a little disappointed in the accuracy as we have only had a couple moa groups out of it. Still working on finding the right load for it.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM
Very disappointing that such a rifle would ship from someone that clearly knows what it takes to make a proper rifle.

Rancho,

Curious why you went for the Forbes over a Montana. Just to give one a run?

Stock fits me a bit better, grip isn't as long as the montana..

And yes, I wanted to try one out.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
I'm thinking the same thing..

Could buy a tikka and a sig C3 for this rig..

You'll like the C3......

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

This thread has cured my desire to order a Forbes rifle for now. Sorry you have to deal with these issues Rancho.

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I am also cured of wanting to try a Forbes rifle. Can't believe that rifle got past the QC checks, if they even have them.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
you guys crack me up I guess nothing ever gets past quality control these days ..........you dont even know what the issue is yet ......everything built can and will have issues thats why they offer a warranty in most cases.......you guys that wont buy a forbes because of this what do you buy? not a remington,winchester,mcmillan stock,ford or chevy automobile I hope.........

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not those issues, not for that kind of money. Did Forbes get the pictures?

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Gene a Forbes is really no more than a lightweight Rem 700!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The "issue" that bothers me is the fact that Forbes was aware of the situation. I know that for a fact, as I contacted them. I'd also heard of others having the same issue -- that came from one of my conversations with Forbes....not from somebody on the Internet.

My extractor had burs and a weak spring. To their credit, they sent me the parts and I fixed it.

My rifle was a low serial number. After dealing with my issue and being told others had contacted them with the same issue -- they should have gone through every rifle before shipping. These rifles aren't mass produced. They only complete a few on a daily basis.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gene270
you dont even know what the issue is yet

I'm pretty sure you didn't read the entire thread...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by battue
Let us say it does shoot for now. However, if that didn't take pride in the entirety of the their work, how long will it continue to do so. Like Redhead said, what about water getting into the exposed foam and what adverse effects it may have down the road? Something I never thought of until he mentioned it.

Well, a worse thing that happens with a Rem 700 and its clones like the NULA/Forbes, and something I've seen, is water running down into the safety cutout, into the trigger, and freezing... something you don't see happen on an old-school M70 or Mauser.

M700's were designed for cheap, efficient manufacture, nothing else.

I guess I am lucky, that freezing trigger thing has never happened to me. Although, in all these years I have only hunted in warm weather, sun out.

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rancho got sold a pig. Anyone who thinks otherwise just isn't looking at the facts.

He's not one to whine about little stuff, but hatchet inletting, failure to eject and the other problems he mentioned are disappointing.

Can understand having 1 issue, but the litany of schit wrong with this rifle is a little mind boggling.

That's the crap you see on a $300 rifle, not a $1500 gun.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Just for clarity...I'm not throwing stones at Rancho. I'm on his side in this.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not directed at you SA. Gene 270 seems to be asleep at the wheel.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 338Rem
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by battue
Let us say it does shoot for now. However, if that didn't take pride in the entirety of the their work, how long will it continue to do so. Like Redhead said, what about water getting into the exposed foam and what adverse effects it may have down the road? Something I never thought of until he mentioned it.

Well, a worse thing that happens with a Rem 700 and its clones like the NULA/Forbes, and something I've seen, is water running down into the safety cutout, into the trigger, and freezing... something you don't see happen on an old-school M70 or Mauser.

M700's were designed for cheap, efficient manufacture, nothing else.

I guess I am lucky, that freezing trigger thing has never happened to me. Although, in all these years I have only hunted in warm weather, sun out.

Steve, saw it in the mountains when light rain turned to snow/cold... trigger frozen-up solid. The safety slot in the M700 design is a water channel. Obviously it takes the "just right" conditions for a serious problem...

Returning to the regularly scheduled program...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
so what is the problem with the extraction guys ?
brass issue/spring issue/extractor issue/installed incorrectly what is it ?

if their is an issue with triggers freezing up with proper care then why isnt their an issue with others of the design and why havent we heard more on this issue with nula rifles in production for more than 30 years ......sure there is the occasional problem but not a consistent one that i have heard of

everybody complaining about the bedding yeah it is rough but does it work .........anybody ever look at the bedding on a ks model remington in a brown precision stock the one i had wasnt much better and sold for more.........

a sleep at the wheel no just live in the real world where everything isnt perfect and 100% satisfaction doesnt happen everytime.......

things happen see how they are handled and then make a decision on how a company takes care of you........

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am curious about a Forbes 24 in 270 Win. but after reading this
I am happy with my Weatherby Mark V ULW 30-06 No Problems with it
at all.
I have my Son in Law hounding me for the WBY ULW 30-06 and
I have always wanted to try a Nula 270 Win. but my Poor Health and Medical Bills have prevented me from getting a Nula because of $$.
But with the coming of the Forbes I now could try to finally get one.
Now a Used WBY ULW 270 Win. is looking good.
AMRA

Molan Labe
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Gene I understand not everything we buy is perfect, but SAS has posted that he informed Forbes of some of the same issues and their still shipping rifles out with the same problems, in my book Forbes is not off to a good start on taking care of it's customers, especially with a product blueprint that has been around a while!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by gene270
so what is the problem with the extraction guys ?
brass issue/spring issue/extractor issue/installed incorrectly what is it ?

if their is an issue with triggers freezing up with proper care then why isnt their an issue with others of the design and why havent we heard more on this issue with nula rifles in production for more than 30 years ......sure there is the occasional problem but not a consistent one that i have heard of

everybody complaining about the bedding yeah it is rough but does it work .........anybody ever look at the bedding on a ks model remington in a brown precision stock the one i had wasnt much better and sold for more.........

a sleep at the wheel no just live in the real world where everything isnt perfect and 100% satisfaction doesnt happen everytime.......

things happen see how they are handled and then make a decision on how a company takes care of you........

You should really stop making excuses for this turd of a rifle.

Page 7 of 31 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (35, afisher, Aviator, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, 9 invisible), 1,434 guests, and 772 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,593
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.