-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't see ringworm's issue as being a CS issue at all other than in his own mind.

Everyone involved is stepping up to that he gets much more than his $100 worth, and they responded to that immediately on request. That's what you want a vendor to do. If rw wanted a refund he should have asked for one.

These other cs failure issues are much more serious, and noteworthy, and should have been brought up when they were more relevant.

It ain't all burritos and strippers my friends...
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, this has led me back to keep doing what I've been doing for the last 40 years...buy Swarovski and Leupold from my LGS....

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Show me a company that acknowledges not that they made a mistake, but rather that there was an approach that would have been more customer friendly that they could have followed, and did not, apologized for it, committed to getting it right from now on, and I'll show you a company that I want to do business with.

Anybody can make a mistake, but it takes one helluva good company to fix it the way that Doug is doing.

I've been very impressed with Doug's response to the issue. He'll have my business for a long time, and I recommend Cameraland to the Fire.

Steve

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
RW-

Just now seeing this thread. I have been treated wonderfully by Neil and Doug @ CameralandNY many times. Even When Minox gave me a new scope it still had a canted reticle like the first one. Minox offered to cut me a check. I wanted another scope and nothing to do with Minox.

Doug was kind enough to give me the same $$ that Minox was either in check form or store credit. He also wanted me to ship the second lemon scope to him so he could send it to Minox Germany for executive inspection or something like that.

Now, I never call people names on here as it is not productive. I'm going to make an exception. You're a frigging dumb@$$. Call Vortex if you have not already (I didn't read 10 pages of you being a whiny b!tch). You have a case of CMPH AKA Chronic My Pussy Hurts - shamelessly stolen from someone on here. Cameraland told you to call the manufacturer and I have 0 doubt that Vortex will send you a BRAND NEW unit. That's what they did for me with some $300 binos thathad some fogging in the lenses- sent me a new pair and claimed nothing was wrong with the old one. New ones had no fogging around the edges and I understand Vortex doesn't want to admit they let e lemon slip.

Now I run a customer service department and I am glad you're not one of my customers because since I run the department I decide which [bleep] we're going to tell to GFT. You sir, are one of those people that would get a "have a nice day! *click.* I bet Cameraland will make right by you on their dime, just to shut you the fck up.

Here, I think this will help improve your outlook on life: http://www.vagisil.com/

GMAFB.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Now I am going to go back and read this whole abortion of a thread

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This thread has had way "too long" of a life so it is time to educate some here on how it works for some mfrs. to move along some inventory that is in a refurb. demo. open box, damaged box,
discontinued model, etc.

These mfrs. look for a respected seller to take these products
on, which are then sold at a discounted price of course.

It looks like to me, CL gave the proper advice to just send
this scope directly to Vortex, as they will warranty it in any case, and that is what Vortex told them to do, as they are very good with warranties.
No need for a middle man, wasted shipping costs for everyone.

For ringworm, I do think you do need to consider changing
your forum name.

I am thinking a better forum name may be "tapeworm".
Think about it, or look it up.
I do think this may be the answer to your affliction.
It does seem a Drs. visit is in order.

Last edited by Farmboy1; 04/21/14.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Hate to pour more gas on the fire, but I just read 90% of this thread including all of ringworm's and Doug's posts.

Gotta say, a "demo" type item was purchased, not NIB. If this was NIB it would have been reasonable to expect the retailer, CameraLand, to replace it, or the manufacturer.

For a "used" item (let's face it, that's what this essentially is) the correct course of action is to contact the manufacturer. Especially since it is Vortex and they have top notch customer service.

And ringworm- you even stated this was not your first purchase that you were not satisfied with from CameraLand so the thread title is wholly inaccurate. Something tells me this won't be your last either.

I've always had great service from CameraLandNY. And I hate everything about NYC, especially the mindset of the people there that everything in "The City" is so much better than anywhere else, so that says a lot.

bigfish9684 out!

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
I am sorry that there was an initial problem and that you are slightly inconvenienced, however, I do think Neil handled this correctly and quite honestly I think you owe him & Camera Land an apology for publically blasting him and Camera Land for attempting to assist you in the most efficient manner.

Well, in case you forgot, here is Doug's initial response to ringworm's problem. Ringworm was "slightly inconvinienced" and Camera Land was owed "an apology."

That doesn't sound like a stellar customer service response to me.

If I sold anyone on the 24 Hour Campfire a $5, a $25 or a $50 item, claimed I was unaware of the damage and recommend they take up the matter with the manufacturer I'll bet there would be a negative reaction. The fact that it was a $100 item is irrelevant. For some it would take over 10 hours of work to buy such an item. For others it could take 30 minutes or less just to put things into perspective. For those pompous ones who thought ringworm should just let things slide since the scope was only worth $100, consider how you would feel if you were defrauded on an item that took you 2 or 5 or 10 hours to work for.

It is obvious that others have been "inconvinienced" by Camera Land besides ringworm but they didn't bother to initially let us know about it. How so many are ready to defend such tactics just because they happened to come out unscathed after dealings with Camera Land is a bit hard for me to fathom.

If Doug had apologized to begin with rather than make excuses for Neil under the pretense of doing things the "most efficient" way possible, this thread probably would have died long ago.

It's not stellar customer service to screw a customer once in a while; it's below average customer service.

I hope ya'll who love Camera Land have a long and happy relationship with them.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Gru-Munchkin:

Have you ever had any experience with purchasing anything
or sold anything ever. I am thinking not.

Have fun in your "Land of Oz".

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Farmboy1, just go back thru the thread and make yourself a list of who is on your ignore list and who you'd feel comfortable with dealing...Some think they need to tell the world to make it right....I Have one Question...? Where the hell is Bricktop in all of this....? He know the rules and Laws on everything..!!!!!!
Archie Solomon

Gru-Muchkin, Yes you have won a spot right at the top....I wouldn't buy or sell you
Anything.....I know you don't care....Neither do I....

Men and Rivers are made crooked by the path of least resistance....!!!!!!!
IC B3

C
cdb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I've bought three scopes and a rangefinder from Camera Land. I've dealt with Doug, Neil and Doug's brother when Doug was on vacation. They are all nice people and Neil is an exceptional employee. His professionalism is above reproach.

No company is perfect and they all make mistakes. I don't like Camera Land's policy of only shipping items to the credit card billing address. Doug explained why to me and it made sense even though it was a pain. The three scopes I've bought from Camera Land just happened to all be Vortex.

Camera Land is not perfect(what company is), but I believe they try their best to be. So I personally will continue to do business with them and if I ever have the money would love to come to NYC to meet the staff and see the store.

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Avoid this shiit�.support your local gun shops. Go where they know your name when you walk through the door, before they are put out of business by this crap.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by cisco1
Avoid this shiit�.support your local gun shops. Go where they know your name when you walk through the door, before they are put out of business by this crap.

I would love to support my local GS. When I bought my Conquest 3X9, I went into my local GS to get one. They were $100 more expensive than every store on line. When I explained that Zeiss had reduced that scope to $399 at every other source on the web, they just grinned sheepishly. If they go out of business, it will be because they want to extort clueless people.

On this issue, it is nothing more than a cultural issue. Southerners know how to talk to people. Most northerners can seem blunt and obtuse to us, even if they don't mean to, They are simply more direct. CL offered the most direct and expedient method to deal with the problem. That blunt solution seemed uncaring to Ringworm and he was offended. CS should be there to please people even if that takes a little more time than offering the quickest solution. Had CS been a lot more southern (cordial) and started the conversation with an apology, offering either a return to them for refund-replacement, or suggested the possibly better solution of dealing directly with Vortex, Ringworm would never have started this thread. It is clear that CS failed here if for no other reason than Ringworm left unsatisfied. Had CS taken a bit more time with Ringworm to assure him that all would be made right this thread would never have started. Ringworm was simply offended by the blunt and seemingly uncaring way he was spoken to. We southerners are not used to such bluntness. A NY guy would have probably never thought twice about it as they deal with bluntness ( which we consider rudeness) every day.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

I would love to support my local GS. When I bought my Conquest 3X9, I went into my local GS to get one. They were $100 more expensive than every store on line. When I explained that Zeiss had reduced that scope to $399 at every other source on the web, they just grinned sheepishly. If they go out of business, it will be because they want to extort clueless people.

On this issue, it is nothing more than a cultural issue. Southerners know how to talk to people. Most northerners can seem blunt and obtuse to us, even if they don't mean to, They are simply more direct. CL offered the most direct and expedient method to deal with the problem. That blunt solution seemed uncaring to Ringworm and he was offended. CS should be there to please people even if that takes a little more time than offering the quickest solution. Had CS been a lot more southern (cordial) and started the conversation with an apology, offering either a return to them for refund-replacement, or suggested the possibly better solution of dealing directly with Vortex, Ringworm would never have started this thread. It is clear that CS failed here if for no other reason than Ringworm left unsatisfied. Had CS taken a bit more time with Ringworm to assure him that all would be made right this thread would never have started. Ringworm was simply offended by the blunt and seemingly uncaring way he was spoken to. We southerners are not used to such bluntness. A NY guy would have probably never thought twice about it as they deal with bluntness ( which we consider rudeness) every day.

Mr. Clark,

I agree with what you said here except for the part highlighted in red. I'm not referring to the OP here, but in a transaction with a glitch in it, it's a fact that no matter what is done or offered some people will never be satisfied. The OP was offered a NEW SCOPE. If I were Doug, and that didn't end the conflict, I'd leave the offer as it stood (new scope for the broken one) and go about my day.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I'd rather not buy a Tasco at the local gun shop. They carry very few quality products. When they have a Leupold it's a VXI or Rifleman. I've never seen a fixed power Leupold in any of the local gun shops. In the rare chance that they have a scope/bino that I would be interested in they have it priced well over what anyone can purchase it for online. I've asked them about ordering specific products to try to give them my business and they come back with prices that are outrageous. Honestly, it's hard to find a desire to give someone my business if I don't think they want my business...and that's fine, lot of folks online do.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Magnumdood

Mr. Clark,

I agree with what you said here except for the part highlighted in red. I'm not referring to the OP here, but in a transaction with a glitch in it, it's a fact that no matter what is done or offered some people will never be satisfied. The OP was offered a NEW SCOPE. If I were Doug, and that didn't end the conflict, I'd leave the offer as it stood (new scope for the broken one) and go about my day.

You are correct that you can run into that rare individual. I possibly should have made mention of that in my post, however in this case I think it was the " you got a pencil, here's the number" NY style abruptness that caused the offence. As I previously stated, most New Yorkers, or even most northerners (in my experience) just have a more direct way of speaking and wouldn't have meant any offence or thought twice about offering an answer like that.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have send doug alot of messages over the years and he has answered every single one quickly .
I have bought plenty of optics from him as well.I did buy a vortex PST from him that had crap glass but i did mount it and used it for a while then just sold it and chalked it up as a lesson learned.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You and your explanation are more than a little annoying.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by rrroae

You and your explanation are more than a little annoying.

That's because you're from PA. Your post just proves mine.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, yeah, you southerners are perfect and all us northerners are the devil.

I've heard your song and dance routine before.

Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (16penny, 007FJ, 1936M71, 160user, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 58 invisible), 2,380 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,144
Posts18,484,119
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.